It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hierarchies and Sin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Blockchain and the internet already have established hierarchies. I can argue they have accelerated them.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Ah, speaking as a woman, like it or not there are some things where the sexes differ and in those things one or the other is inherently superior just because of our innate biological differences. You don't have to like it, but it's the truth.

Men are more physically powerful. In that area, they will be superior to women, and in jobs requiring sheer physical power, they will tend to excel.

Women tend to be better at communication skills and do better in those jobs. When I still worked in an office, every one of my coworkers was female. I was in editorial. It is a biological predisposition.

That's not to say that women cannot do the first type of job or men the second, but you'll find more of one sex or the other in them for obvious reason. It's just easier.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hierarchy is natural. Alpha males lord it over beta males. The "queen bee" popular girls and the wallflowers. It's not fun or fair but it's hardwired into us.

You can design systems that try to flatten hierarchy but you will still get Stalin driving in a fleet of Limos and living in the Tsar's old house, or Mao with his dozens of young concubines. "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others."

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Hierarchies and Sin

Interesting concepts but this is thread is destined for the mudpit or just simply put in the can. Dissing the "chosen one" is fraught with peril.

I don't know much about hierarchies but I'm very familiar with sin.

You are right! This comment went over my head the first time. Yes, since I took a shot at Donald, it will make enemies.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If one's worth is based on one's merit, how does that not also set up a hierarchy?

To illustrate, I'll go to athletics because I was legitimately the top of a hierarchy there during my time. I was the best hurdler in my entire state for a few years enough to a win national award for it. I was among the top three best in the high jump.

That's a hierarchy and based on merit.

And you have plenty of people today arguing against meritocracy as being white supremacist because not enough BIPOC excel at the kinds of merit they would have them excel at.

So where do we go now?

Hey! Your comments really made me think. I wrote a second thread: Hierarchy and Sin Part 2

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

I answered some of your questions in a new post: "Hierarchy and Sin Part 2"

I talk about how nature enforces a system similar to Democracy and also a little bit about how those "lower" on the hierarchy still do have a say.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

That is a good point! We should have a fundamentally altruistic view. I am trying to write a philosophy to convince narcissists to give up because they are only harming themselves. The reality is that not everyone is altruistic, so there has to be someone to explain to them why they should be.

Check out "Hierarchy and Sin Part 2"
edit on 24amThu, 24 Dec 2020 09:46:25 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
Hierarchy is natural. Alpha males lord it over beta males. The "queen bee" popular girls and the wallflowers. It's not fun or fair but it's hardwired into us.

You can design systems that try to flatten hierarchy but you will still get Stalin driving in a fleet of Limos and living in the Tsar's old house, or Mao with his dozens of young concubines. "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others."

I wrote a second post. Where I discuss how Democracies are a natural phenomenon while corrupt Narcissist Kings are actually quite unnatural and die off.

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Perhaps in your second offering we can talk a little more about "sin" a subject that I have a first hand relationship with.

Sorry about being so corny, it ranks tops in my hierarchal psyche thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I see what your trying to get, but the age problem going to be is, who gets to decide.

I'd rather Artistole view of a Republic, being based of skill an merit, rather then just by virtue to that of Platos.

Then there was the Tower of Babel where the whole commutation of humanity that could speak one language was struck an divided for thinking it was just as mighty, an just for violating his safe space by penetrating the Heavens.

It so much that what man touches become inherently corrupt, it just the cause an effect are whats inherited.
edit on 2-1-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Then you play your "trump" card.

Nyet

top topics

<< 1   >>

join