It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Masks Aid in Spreading Covid-19 Among General Population?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The only thing most masks do is limit the exhaust of microfine water droplets from the nose and mouth.

It's not 100% perfect, but proper use does inhibit most contagion.

Sorry I have to disagree. Masks create the very problem that they are trying to avoid. If you cough or sneeze the majority of droplets are the heavy droplets that fall to the ground or other surfaces. Sneeze or cough with a mask on a few things happen. One is that droplets are carried by backpressure up past the eyes and into the air. Two is that the droplets that go through the mask are diffused into the fine droplets that we are supposedly trying to avoid. Third any viruses or bacteria that you might have are deposited on the mask and can be sent into the air every time you take a breath.

The other problem is that a mask traps any airborne droplets in the mask. This lengthens the time of exposure for the person wearing the mask. Where droplets and the viruses in them die when deposited on a surface, those deposited on a mask live longer because of the warm moist atmosphere created by the mask. Now when the mask wearer goes home, removes the mask, they carry those viruses in with them.

Show me one scientific study that supports the used of masks.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

May I? I'm reminded in biohazard and virus response this point:

A man with AIDS....for 5 years...refused to use a condom during sex.

When asked why over 5 YEARS!?

He replied...wait for it..." Because I don't need one. I already HAVE AIDS".

Masks. Gloves. Think about it.
edit on 22-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Kenzo

People should also avoid doing this :

Twitter link

I saw this a few days ago...
That can't be real can it?
Just not buying that one.

At least she turned it around I guess.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Kenzo

People should also avoid doing this :

Twitter link

I saw this a few days ago...
That can't be real can it?
Just not buying that one.

Notice the dog kicking his feet at the very beginning of the clip?
He just took a crap.

I'm not saying the dog faked it....

But this lady was being filmed for some reason so it makes me wonder if it was done just so it could be filmed.

The person making the video could have just been a perv.
Someone here at work told me that the woman in the video is somewhat of a celebrity on social media, whether it is for twerking on TikToc or what, I don't know.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Dr Birx was caught with no mask too ❗️💢❗️

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

In what circumstance?

Masks are not recommended except in public gatherings, and then only for a short time.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We should all follow CDC guidelines? Yes or no?

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/thanksgiving.html

www.cdc.gov...

Attending a Gathering

Celebrating virtually or with the people you live with is the safest choice this Thanksgiving.

If you choose to attend a gathering, make your celebration safer. In addition to following the steps that everyone can take to make Thanksgiving safer, take these additional steps if attending a Thanksgiving gathering:

Bring your own food, drinks, plates, cups, and utensils.
Wear a mask and safely store your mask while eating and drinking.
Avoid going in and out of the areas where food is being prepared or handled, such as in the kitchen.
Use single-use options, like salad dressing and condiment packets, and disposable items like food containers, plates, and utensils.

edit on 23-12-2020 by neutronflux because: Added photo

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I’ll fix your sentence for you.

Masks are recommended in public gatherings, or for workers working full shifts that cannot social distance, or when house holds gather at private homes except while eating.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen

In what circumstance?

Masks are not recommended except in public gatherings, and then only for a short time.

In the space of two posts, you go from extolling the virtues of mask wearing, to defending Dr. Birx for not wearing one.

You say that masks are not recommended except in public gatherings. You may want to catch up on that. A number of state governors have mandated mask wearing in your own home if a single person from outside your immediate household visits you, all must be masked.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We're supposed to believe the regular flu is all but completely extinct thanks to mask wearing and social distance.

But the COVID has amazingly high cases and death rate because we won't wear masks and social distance.

So which is it?

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Texas A&M Band. Still one of my favorites. I guess blowing throw band instruments filters out COVID.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Someone thought car need`s also face mask

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join