It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone 'splain' me this???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The party ideologies are in constant flux. Labor has stood with the Democrats for a long time but as the Democratic party shifts to the far left and fixates on identity politics, it de-emphasizes labor.

It probably won't hold the unions much longer.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

That didn't happen until this last go 'round.

If by "last go round" you mean 2020? Nope.

The Nation's Largest Police Union Endorses Donald Trump
September 18, 2016

What were the rare-earth mining operations in the US you believe have been sold to the Chinese?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

Communism arose along side Labor movements in the late 1800s early 1900s.

You may have heard "workers of the world unite."

Republicans were out of power in the US from the 30s-50s. Labor was cool by the time they got back. Communism had become a political not philsophical matter by then.
edit on 22-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Now, it's republicans who are trying to bring jobs back on-shore, trying to encourage investment in America.

Ummm, it wasn't the Republicans, it was Trump who did that by pissing on their 2 party firesale of the Republic.
Have you perused the bi partisan relief bill? I suggest you do so and ask yourself how in the hell can the GOP sign off on it.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

They can sign off on it because it's what their masters told them to signoff on.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well after 20+ responses it's pretty obvious that nobody else knows either.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's funny...in Upton Sinclair's 1907 book "the Jungle" he paints the Unions as deeply corrupt and both parties vying for union influence by bribery and other methods. He shows normal workers as having very little conception of party ideology and labor representatives basically falling in with whatever party bribed them the most. Meanwhile normal workers were doing things like selling their votes for free beer. Wonder how accurate a picture that was?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

From what I know, pretty accurate.

I guess we have to remember as well, that in the United States, suffrage did not include anyone except white male property owners until about the middle of the 19th century. When all males started to get the vote, and particularly after the Civil War, the common working man suddenly had a commodity that the wealthy (robber barons) wanted to exploit.

The unions in the larger cities were allied with organized crime early on, in fact, in some locations, they were synonymous.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gothmog
Progressivism , as you call it , has absolutely nothing to do with Progressive Liberalism
False representation.

The social issues of Roosevelt's progressive platform:
  • A national health service to include all existing government medical agencies
  • Social insurance, to provide for the elderly, the unemployed, and the disabled
  • Limiting the ability of judges to order injunctions to limit labor strikes
  • A minimum wage law for women
  • An eight-hour workday
  • A federal securities commission
  • Farm relief
  • Workers' compensation for work-related injuries
  • An inheritance tax

Looks like it could have been ripped from the current Democrat platform. Thanks Republicans for giving us modern Democrats.

Looking through 2020 glasses that sounds like a communist obviously in bed with China. There’s probably a lithograph somewhere of his son smoking opium in a Chinese opium den..

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Pretty accurate if my direct experience with teachers' union was any indication.

Meetings were all about contract stuff and not anything about actually teaching.

Then the one election cycle I was in, there was a ton of electioneering telling me that "my union" had determined what the best way for me to vote was. I got all kinds of flyers with things like "vote like your job depends on it" and lots of calls from live people, not robo trying to tell me how to vote.

But the teachers are government employees. So the money is a cyclical loop. Pander to union. Union votes for candidate. Said candidate is the one who sits across from reps at contract negotiation time. Money from contracts goes back to candidate at tax time and via other methods like union campaign donations. It's no wonder dues are preferred to be involuntary from paychecks.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Have you perused the bi partisan relief bill? I suggest you do so and ask yourself how in the hell can the GOP sign off on it.

Millions to people like Joel Osteen and a three Martini lunch deduction for themselves while people who are losing everything receive a one time payment of $600?

Signing that sounds like the most Republican thing I can think of.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You'll have to wait until I have time to go looking. It was a while ago I saw it somewhere, and I'm working atm.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You'll have to wait until I have time to go looking. It was a while ago I saw it somewhere, and I'm working atm.

No need.

We import most of our rare-metals from Chinese sources. It has been a matter of contention in the "trade war."

We haven't sold any rare-earth mining operations to the Chinese. I'm going to assume the connection you remember is Uranium 1.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Looking through 2020 glasses that sounds like a communist obviously in bed with China. There’s probably a lithograph somewhere of his son smoking opium in a Chinese opium den..

He was known as Teddy Panda Bear because of his love for the ChiComs and all things mega-progressive like this stuff.

Thanks you commie Republicans!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
No need.

We import most of our rare-metals from Chinese sources. It has been a matter of contention in the "trade war."

We haven't sold any rare-earth mining operations to the Chinese. I'm going to assume the connection you remember is Uranium 1.

As a matter of fact we just reopened Mountain Pass Mine which at one time was the largest rare earth mine in the world, it is still a domestic company.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah. One of the few compliments I can give someone in Trump's Administration was an agreement that they would buy American RE materials.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yeah. One of the few compliments I can give someone in Trump's Administration was an agreement that they would buy American RE materials.

That and whoever set him up with the tiny desk. Both winning moves.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That and whoever set him up with the tiny desk. Both winning moves.

Lord.

I still haven't figured that one out. That was like Twilight Zone wierd.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

They Unions are actually labor brokers. The democrats create city work projects that funnel money to the unions by using only union labor. Then the union managers funnels money back to the DNC.

A system to funnel tax payer money to the DNC. Liberal welfare. You are literally paying to keep the DNC in power. Especially the political machines at the state and city level.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Cause the mafia runs the unions. the mafia belongs to the mystery schools.

edit on 22-12-2020 by s0nof0d1n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join