It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With News Speak Two Negatives Equals a Positive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I know I said I was avoiding the main stream media news in my last thread, but I still catch things here and there.

I noticed how this CORONA variant in the UK, the one that is seventy times more contagious than COVID19, has been spun with an almost math like formulation. The line used is the same wherever I hear it. "There is no evidence that the new vaccines will be less effective against the new variant". So doesn't that actually mean that there is no evidence it will be as effective as well?

They also claim that, "There is no evidence that the symptoms of the new variant will be more severe." Does that mean that they could be just as severe or not as severe? Isn't that the same as no evidence of being less severe?

No evidence is no evidence. How about some positive evidence of some kind? How about, "Evidence points to"?

Seems like some pretty inconclusive statements designed to make it sound like it is no worse than the original version. News Speak making two negatives into a positive.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Seventy times more contagious? Oh my

Seventy times zero is zero

A new strain? ........yawn

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
COVIDassbackwardsness 😃

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Fear comes first.

Scientific facts come in at a distant second......if at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I noticed how this CORONA variant in the UK, the one that is seventy times more contagious than COVID19

70 percent. 70% more transmissible.

That is not the same as 70 times as transmissible. It is less than twice as transmissible but still, not good.

edit on 12/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here comes the next round of fear.

Oh joy

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yeah..why do you think they numbered it?
covid 19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26.........
freaks

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Not only that....but it's amazing how something that is supposed to be completely inanimate can do such a thing. No wings...nothing....yet there you have it...SMH.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I noticed how this CORONA variant in the UK, the one that is seventy times more contagious than COVID19

That is not the same as 70 times as transmissible. It is less than twice as transmissible but still, not good.
How do they work that out?I'm sure they just plucked that number out of the air-''70% sounds good,go with that.'

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh ya. Kind of like that whole wear your masks to stop the virus, because there super effective in stopping viruses. But with everybody wearing masks, its still spreading like wildfire. And now, 70 time more effective at spreading.

I mean either masks work and its stopping the spread of the virus, or they dont work and its increasing. But you know. Its the news, they got to stay in business. So both things can be true at the same time. And people are not known or breed for there thinking ability.

Well I guess the only answer is to wear 70 times more masks so as to stop its spreadyness. I got an idea. Maybe wear a mask under the masks people wear now. Oh ya. Would be totally even more hilarious to see people walking around wearing two masks. They should make it a law to were everybody has to wear two or more masks when there out or in there car or whatever people do.

Yup even seen people wear there masks while driving, in there own cars. Now imagine the hilarity when they got two masks on. You know just in case the virus makes it through the first mask, the second is totally gonna stop the corona.
edit on 11pmMondaypm212020f1pmMon, 21 Dec 2020 23:39:29 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Phage guy. What you got the corona craze to, or investments in vaccines or something. Aren't you on the oldish side also. You know, you may be susceptible to catching the covid. It just might get ya. You should totally wear two masks, just in case.

Just saying.

Also we need to start a two mask wearing craze. And if all the cool kids do it, then the rest would follow suit.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the correction, I didn't realize my mistake until long after the post.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Wear one on the nose and the other on the chin, then you can open your mouth and eat with the masks on.

a reply to: galadofwarthethird

edit on 22-12-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: Phage

How do they work that out?I'm sure they just plucked that number out of the air-''70% sounds good,go with that.'

How sure are you? There are ways of testing such things.

A big problem with corona is that so many people are "so sure" about it, whether they take the mainstream view as gospel or are diehard never-mask-never-vax.

Maybe if we were all a little less sure we might learn something about this disease and its realistic threat level.

No offence to you personally, I'm just weary of seeing this as a political issue rather than a matter of objective inquiry.

Even if it turns out the current strain of 'rona is fairly benign for most people, it is widespread enough at this stage that mutation into something uglier is a continuous and growing possibility.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
One of the "gain of function" goals is increased transmission to speed up vaccine research. I wouldn't doubt that this was a GOF virus that escaped one of these labs doing their fast track studies. That is why they know so much and say so little in their public statements IMO.

They also use GOF studies to cause cross infection into other species, so the excellerated vaccine research Will likely cause more animals to become infected, like mink, and spread it even more

a reply to: glen200376

edit on 22-12-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
One of the "gain of function" goals is increased transmission to speed up vaccine research. I wouldn't doubt that this was a GOF virus that escaped one of these labs doing their fast track studies. That is why they know so much and say so little in their public statements IMO.

a reply to: glen200376

Man, that is a depressing possibility.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
See what's happening is people see through the BS planndemic and are starting to get "brazen" and go against the corrupt elites covid laws. More and more people fighting against this and they can't have us surfs doing that, so what do they do?

They make up a new strain to give an excuse for communist style lockdowns. I mean give me a damn break...... they say "its 50% more contagious" but it's not any deadlier. Who falls for this crap? Obviously the brainwashed and lobotomized (elites and staunch supporters of them)

I'm sure it's also to get the nanoparticle vaccine into more people because I know there is hardly any demand for it in the USA and the dems and rhinos plan isnt going how they hoped. I'm sure they were convinced 90% of the population wanted it because of their programming and propaganda machine. Just shows how out of touch with reality those f**ks are!

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The devil deceives by telling half truths, truths mixed with lies. SOP for governments in general.

a reply to: BerkshireEntity

new topics

top topics

join