It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it OK for government leaders to be owned by China?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: uncommitted

I don't like lobbyists. They pervert the system that was put in place. Money corrupts and I see that as a problem. Now if you feel differently, as I stated, please discuss that. When you come to a thread and just look for small parts of a conversation you can pick apart and complain about it's trolling. I think most of us do it at times. But it's not something you can do, then pretend you didn't. it's in print and forever.

Do you have any opinions on what the OP was written about?

Why is it a small part of the conversation? You seemed keen to make comments about it.

As for the OP, which governments are owned by China? It seems as though you were trying to suggest that China is an enemy of America and that if it wasn't for Trump, America would be 'owned' by them. The reality is that Trump decided to indulge in a trade war, guessing that China would crumble and that he would be all powerful (i.e., he would 'own' China).

That didn't work, just added hefty tariffs to both parties and left both sides not wanting to lose face.

Now, could you list all of the governments that are owned by China?

Do you know of a guy named Eric Swalwell?

If you feel his recent issues aren't a real problem for National Security, I'd like to understand why.

We are on a conspiracy site and you seriously don't think America does similar, regularly to gain influence in other countries? If you really think not then a) you are very naïve and b) you're on the wrong site.

America has toppled multiple governments when they don't map to what they want, sheesh, they intensify conflict when the country in question doesn't follow its own ideology - isn't that all about trying to own them?

So due to that, our leaders need not be loyal to the United States, national security isn't really a "thing" and we should allow other nations to have our secrets because it's only fair?

it that's not what you are saying, I suggest you re-read what you wrote and try to clarify it a bit.

No, not really, you just posted a very childish response.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef
a reply to: network dude

It's ATS!!!!!

Deny ignorance is the motto.

I refuse to believe I'm wrong in support of the mantra.

If you want to prove me wrong, please do. That's how you learn new things. But just saying it, doesn't make it true. Facts not feelz.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

so you can't clarify it, but I didn't get it right?
Ok.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

It's not that simple.
You're pretending to be terminator and emotionless whilst crying about the mildest of insults.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Maybe you are wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Maybe you are wrong.

maybe so. and if you can show me where, I will have grown as a person.
Do you get a prize if I admit to being wrong?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Maybe you are wrong.

maybe so. and if you can show me where, I will have grown as a person.
Do you get a prize if I admit to being wrong?

You only get the ability of understanding.

No badges... sorry.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Hey dude. I had a couple of quick comebacks popping up in my head when I answered your headline question in my head but instead of just, you know, making a quick retort, I decided to read through your OP. Good thing I did because there at the end of the OP you had already claimed that any response one could make to the OP other than the old ''great post Dude star and flag replies would be deflection. And to not reply at all would be like you say'' crickets..

So I decided to bite into the meat of your OP. So I had not heard of Swalwell and the hot Chinese spy so I figured ''wow'' this guy must have had come kind of tryst going on here as you made sure to mention that she was ''hot'' . What I found was that yes, she appears to be a very nice looking young woman. But I also found this in ''Forbes'' the first news source I looked at.
www.forbes.com...

Fang helped raise funds for Swalwell’s 2014 House re-election campaign, and had an intern hired to Swalwell’s Congressional office after receiving her recommendation.

Fang reportedly continued work as a “bundler” for Swalwell, convincing high-money donors to write big checks for the campaign, before unexpectedly leaving the U.S. in mid-2015 after living in the country for four years, amid an ongoing U.S. intelligence investigation into her activities.

Swalwell cut all his ties to Fang after he was alerted by the FBI to the investigation, according to Axios, and there is no publicly available evidence Swalwell knew or suspected Fang was working for Beijing, nor is there evidence Fang broke any laws through her fundraising.

Apparently, this Fang Fang was cruising the political scene across the country and managed to hook up with Swalwells campaign, doing fund raising. But after being in the US she left in 2015. The FBI had surveilled her having sex in a car with a midwestern mayor kind of stuff.

And apparently the closest she got to Swalwell was that she recommended another person for his staff that he hired. Other than that, what was that term you used? Oh yeah, ''crickets''

But the part that I found interesting was where the article said ''Swalwell cut all ties to Fang after he was alerted by the FBI to the investigation according to Axios, and there is no publicly available evidence Swalwell knew or suspected Fang was working for Beijing, nor is there evidence Fang broke any laws through her fundraising

So I crossed that example of yours off my list of things to be concerned about because is seems that in this instance of a Chinese connection there was absolutely NO indication of being ''owned by China.

Then there was the Hunter Biden stuff. As that is probably the most contentious of these allegations and my not wanting to get all ''he's innocent'' kind of stuff I just left that one alone.

But then I came upon your allegation about that pulsating cadaver, Finstein. Wow again. I had never heard about her having a deep connection with China so I looked into that one as well and went to the SF Chronicle which said

According to our source, the intrigue started years earlier when the staffer took a trip to Asia to visit relatives and was befriended by someone who continued to stay in touch with him on subsequent visits.
That someone was connected with the People’s Republic of China’s Ministry of State Security.

“He didn’t even know what was happening — that he was being recruited,” says our source. “He just thought it was some friend.”

The FBI apparently concluded the driver hadn’t revealed anything of substance.

“They interviewed him, and Dianne forced him to retire, and that was the end of it,” says our source.

So it appears that this guy was not her ''personal driver'' but rather one who did at least some of the driving for her visits when she was in SF. And according to this article she immediately forced him to retire when she heard about the connection from theFBI.

Again, no indication of her being ''owned by China''.....

Now I knew nothing about either of those allegations prior to your thread so not wanting to deflect or remain silent and wanting to engage in some real conversation over these issues, I decided to educate myself to just a small degree before I chimed in on the thread. How did I do Dude?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well Terry, you did much better than most. Now if you wish to dig a bit deeper, look into family businesses that deal with China directly. You find that Finestine's husband has one, and Mitch McConnel's family has one. So this isn't some partisian whining, it's what I consider a legitimate cause for concern. Maybe all this is fine and we shouldn't be alarmed at politician families profiting from hostile nations. But from the news thus far, I see it as an avenue that should be looked into.

And again, I'm basing my concern off of previous concerns about the Trump family. It was a big deal back then. At least I remember it that way. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

ETA: And your post was what I wanted to see. intelligent conversation about a potentially serious topic.
edit on 21-12-2020 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
remember when......

I wonder if this would have all blown over if they just set up and office in DC and asked for keys for Trump and Melania.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well Terry, you did much better than most.

Nice work Terry!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Interesting topic. Just heard a report on the radio that in February the CCP hacked the OMB, Equifax and some big bank. Also heard that Mitch McConnel's wife is on the board of directors of the Bank of China. We have also had reports of other politicians having been targeted by China and clandestine China owned private companies collecting campaing contributions for various people running for office. And then there's the problem of the CCP involvement with the Dominion voting machines which is doubtless denied by the Ministry of Propaganda MSM Government News Services.

I hate to say this, but the following is becoming rapidly apparent to me:

1) Thanks to the relentless progress of Globalization the US is rapidly losing national soveriegnty. Its basically being absorbed into the Chinese system. The Chinese are less taking over than they are postiioning themselves to be in control of policy making relative to banking, trade and defense systems. They have amassed huge sums of data on US "citizens" (tax paying residents) and will doubtless use that data to influence such things as credit reports, etc. They know who you are, where you live, what you buy, who you prefer politically, etc.

2) The sell-out of the US to the CCP really began with Clinton and his defense technology transfer policies which made the modern Chinese defense systems possible. I doubt there will ever be a "hot" war with China........they'll simply insert themselves into the American systems and direct their policy decisions.

3) This election basically resulted in the institutionalization of election manipulation. Like China which is a Fascist Oligarchy, control of the US will be in the hands of a) the Deep State Elites and b) the big tech companies and c) Chinese policy directors. You just witnessed the death of "Democracy", much less the "Republic". Elections will now come to resemble the processes in places like Seattle and California where the only vote that matters is the vote made in the primaries of THE PARTY and even those results will doubtless be massaged as necessary.

Since there's nothing anyone can do about this I suggest you take the advice of, Ross Perot I believe, "Its kind like Rape, there's nothing you can do about it so you may as well relax, lay back and enjoy it".

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is one of those "it's obvious" discussions since OP is now attempting to retune the topic.

It's obvious that we should be concerned with our powerful politicians connections to foreign powers.

When some of us did that with Mr. Trump (who China is far more into than any Biden) we were diagnosed with TDS and called trolling leftists. Funny how times change.

Nothing wrong with doing business with the Chinese. My take on Hunter Biden is that he's the second string Biden, after Beau died. He doesn't seem that bright. He's put his family in some difficult spots for ... no good reason. The Feds have been on him for two years ... if there's anything there, we will see it.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I see this as China playing the long game. And playing it well. Problem is, when it's exposed, like seems to be the case here, having half of the people ignore the facts due to OMB, or some other political illness isn't helping anyone, except China.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
... if there's anything there, we will see it.

as long as we are allowed to look. If looking gets politicized, it won't help at all. This will all go away.

And just to put your sniping in context. Trump was into international business for a long time. He got into politics in 2015. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he did business with China and Russia and other nations in the past. When you aren't selling anything, and you have no skills, it becomes an oddity as to why someone would offer you billions of dollars.

I could see Trump's kids getting special deals with China as part of how they are doing business here, so I'm in no way turning a blind eye to Trump, just making the point that he's out in about a month and Biden is just getting started. Checking into Trump, at this point would be a waste of time, but checking into Biden, seems like a national security kind of thing. And looking at the rest of our leaders would be prudent as well. Both sides.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Authoritarians always require a hidden enemy. China is just the most recent bogey-bear.

Or is that bogey-dragon?

China's rise on the world stage has been directly facilitated by Trump's "Trade War" that he lost. China has had the opportunity to move into markets they could not have dreamed of ... thanks to Trump. Trump has managed an amazing amount in a short time: split the US off from the UK, NATO and Europe. He advocated for the diminishing of the threat of Russia and North Korea. Almost every bonehead thing Trump has done has resulted in destabilization across the globe. I would argue, as intended.

... and all he has to do with throw the China bone to the hounds to have them chase their own tails ...

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Trump has been the most powerful president in our history. You tell it well.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Looking has long been politicized.

Do you feel we know what happened in Benghazi? If you do, I'd wager that you accepted the narrative that fit your politics the best. Do you know what happened with the Russian hacks back into the Obama Administration and since? What's the narrative?

LOL ... to say anything that could possibly be negative toward Trump is "sniping." Yeah, you're really looking for non-partisan disscussion ain't ya? Trump's international business dealings should have and did for many set off all kinds of alarm bells of the SPECIFIC TYPE you're ostensibly asking to review here, but let's face it ... is business at that level clean? What did Trump owe to the Chinese, the Russians, etc. in all those years of trying (and mostly failing) to enter new markets?

Checking into Trump is a waste of time now? Why am I not suprised? He's running again in 2024; it's of the utmost importance.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Trump has been the most powerful president in our history. You tell it well.

Most powerful? I can see how that would be the obsequious interpretation of what I said.

He's certainly done the most damage to the United States in modern times; if you think that's powerful that's on you.

Trump was selected very carefully and groomed for at least two decades. He did what he was hired to do, even though it probably was unwittingly.
edit on 21-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lol hahahaha . You’re as concerned about liberty as mao was . Listen princess I’ve been reading your garbage for the last few years . You’re thinking follows the mind of soros and the rothschilds but you’re about liberty hahahah . You sir are precious hahaha . Say hi to Hillary you libertarian hahaha

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join