It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it OK for government leaders to be owned by China?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Ah, I see, so they aren't lobbying for the protection of the 2nd Amendment, but only so that people spend more money on guns which is currently what the 2nd Amendment right is about.

The right to keep and bear arms. I mean, I guess if you want to get technical, we can also have swords, but citizens armed with swords are going to have a tough time protecting themselves against tyrannical government, aren't they since government will have guns.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

not sure why this is hard for some, but I suppose the cult teachings are hard to break away from.

See, this thread is about China giving money and business opportunities to politicians and their families, to gain favor from them in the daily business of our nation. if you think that's good, explain why please. if you think it's bad, you can speak on that as well.

Lobbyists were mentioned, and they play a big part in the corruption of politicians. Again, if you see that differently, please say something. If you just want to ramble and troll, you can do that, but everyone sees it. And it's not a really good look. But you do you.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
What part of the constitution grants Lobbyists the power to influence politicians?

Well, the Constitution doesn't really work that way, it's mostly a prohibition on what the government can do to us which is why there needs to be legislation passed that bans lobbying. However our representatives are not going to cut off their gravy train.

It they aren't protected, then perhaps they could be managed, like the local deer population. See where I'm going yet?

Interesting analogy given that the NRA is one of the biggest lobbyists.

What does it say about the US government if you have to Lobby for a constitutional right? Sort of highlights how government can create, or destroy an industry.

The NRA aren't about 'lobbying for a constitutional right', they lobby for more influence on what you spend your money on, I'm sure it's responses like yours that they love.

They are playing the game.
Until the rules of lobbying change they will continue to do so.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

OP will love the country when we return manufacturing under Chinese labor rules.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

OP will love the country when we return manufacturing under Chinese labor rules.

OP, you mean the Dude you're talking to?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

quick question, does that math still work where if Trump did something it washes away the sins of other folks?

I only ask, due to the facts that exist, the spies that were caught, the investigations that went on over Trump's finances, and ties to other nations. perhaps the left had tunnel vision and was only looking for Russia collusion and missed the China connection totally. But as integrity is more than just a word for some, if Trump is owned by China, he should be removed as president.

Or do you disagree?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
China giving away business opportunities to politicians and their families.

Something like this?

Ivanka’s Trademark Requests Were Fast-Tracked In China After Trump Was Elected- Forbes

In 2012, the Bank of China, a commercial bank owned by the Chinese state, provided more than two hundred million dollars in loans to a New York office building that Trump co-owns, Politico reported on Friday. The loans will come due in 2022, “in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term,” the timely article noted.

You mean, like this?

If China is so in bed with the Trump family, then why are they working so hard to help Biden? It doesn't add up, when everyone and their mother is pushing for Biden... Biden has Big tech, wall street, big pharm, China and so many others on their side, but strangely you can't see it...

Just looking at things logically... With everything Trump has done against China (with trade deals), not sure why China would want Trumps admin to continue, when Biden has shown China is a "friend" and never considers them a foe like Trump does..

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The dude he was talking to was the OP.

Both are correct, What's your point?
I agree he could've answered directly but... does it matter?

Attack beliefs not gramma.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

You'd have to prove that China is working so hard to help Biden first I believe.

Biden has a lot of support? Hmmm ... it's almost like he's the next President of the US or something.

Wierd.

Maybe this will help:

Six months after the deal was inked, the costs and benefits of this agreement are coming into clearer focus. Despite Trump’s claim that “trade wars are good, and easy to win,” the ultimate results of the phase one trade deal between China and the United States — and the trade war that preceded it — have significantly hurt the American economy without solving the underlying economic concerns that the trade war was meant to resolve.

The effects of the trade war go beyond economics, though. Trump’s prioritization on the trade deal and de-prioritization of all other dimensions of the relationship produced a more permissive environment for China to advance its interests abroad and oppress its own people at home, secure in the knowledge that American responses would be muted by a president who was reluctant to risk losing the deal.

Brookings Institute

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Because China brought America fair and square on the open market in accordance with capitalist principals. It has a receipt and everything.

You cannot demand that there be an open market for goods and services and then get too upset when somebody buys you up.

Damn good point.

This is basically it.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef

The dude he was talking to was the OP.

Both are correct, What's your point?
I agree he could've answered directly but... does it matter?

Attack beliefs not gramma.

Wow, thanks for chiming in!

So, you're saying you think the poster I responded to was saying that the OP is in favor of implementing Chinese labor law sin the US?

I wonder ... which is why I asked Ketsuko. Thanks so much for your input though.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So you are okay with all these special interest groups behind Biden? Big tech, wall street, big pharm, China.... you see zero issue with any of those groups? Gotcha... and you beleive there's no proof China wants Biden over Trump??? Wow... talk about digging your head into the sand to ignore everything going on around you.. If China wants Trump, explain to me why that would be? Cause I can rattle off numerous reasons why China would want Biden... Also, China is the enemy, if you didnt know that... Way more the enemy than Russia is..

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What proof do you offer any government leader is owned by China? You don't have any. Unless CNN says it's so, it isn't. Next crazy thing you're going to ask is why is it okay to steal an election. Pffft!

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

So you are okay with all these special interest groups behind Biden? Big tech, wall street, big pharm, China.... you see zero issue with any of those groups? Gotcha... and you beleive there's no proof China wants Biden over Trump??? Wow... talk about digging your head into the sand to ignore everything going on around you.. If China wants Trump, explain to me why that would be? Cause I can rattle off numerous reasons why China would want Biden... Also, China is the enemy, if you didnt know that... Way more the enemy than Russia is..

Am I okay with all the special interest groups behind Biden? You'd have to be more specific if you wanted a serious answer, but in general, yes, Americans and American companies are free to support candidates for President.

As I said, China's "support" for Biden seems to be more a fiction of the corporate media at this point, whereas the Trump family 's dealings with China are proven.

As far as who'se digging their head in the sand, if I may ask, would you please try to refain from such specious and fallcious tactics if you want to actually have a conversation, at least with me?

Thanks, hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm not buying into beliefs I don't believe.
I won't watch people claiming to believe either.

Everyone is wrong.

Occasionally there are people who understand they don't have the ability to understand, they are ignored.

You can be wrong, you can be ignored, or you can play the music you were given.
Either way, you won't make the papers if you have something relevant.

Edit to add....

I want to make it clear that I don't have the ability to understand.
Only the extremely conceited have that luxury.
edit on 21-12-2020 by Krahzeef because: editing is fun

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef

Interesting, thanks for your reply.

Ever read the works of Friedrich Nietzsche?

You might enjoy them, or at least, find resonnance.

link   

originally posted by: Klassified
What proof do you offer any government leader is owned by China? You don't have any. Unless CNN says it's so, it isn't. Next crazy thing you're going to ask is why is it okay to steal an election. Pffft!

All hypothetical. proof is such an obscure word these days. I'm sure you understand.

link   

Ah, I see, so they aren't lobbying for the protection of the 2nd Amendment, but only so that people spend more money on guns which is currently what the 2nd Amendment right is about.

The right to keep and bear arms. I mean, I guess if you want to get technical, we can also have swords, but citizens armed with swords are going to have a tough time protecting themselves against tyrannical government, aren't they since government will have guns.

The second amendment isn't about making the NRA rich, is it? They've certainly reeled you in haven't they?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef

Interesting, thanks for your reply.

Ever read the works of Friedrich Nietzsche?

You might enjoy them, or at least, find resonnance.

I hate nietzsche for sullying the name of Zorathustra.
I own 2 of his books.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join