It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it OK for government leaders to be owned by China?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
China is doing what they feel needs to be done. It's a smart plan. And an easy one to use for control. But I understand this much better than I would have had Trump not been president. See, we heard all about how horrible it would be for a high level official to have ties to other nations and how easily they could be blackmailed.

Now that it's not Trump in the crosshairs, it seems that issue isn't really an issue. So my question is, why? Why is it OK for Swalowswell to have ties to a hot Chinese spy and be on the house intel committee? Why is it OK for Hunter Biden to sell his name to China and other nations, when his Dad (same last name amazingly enough) just won the presidency? Why is it OK for Mitch McConnel to have a family business dependent on China? Why is it Ok for Diane Finestine's husband to do business with China when her driver of 20 years turned out to be a Chinese spy?

If it was a problem when Trump was being accused of it, why is it not a problem now?

I expect two things from this. Deflection and crickets. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It’s not ok.

It’s just some are all in for the cult of state, or the religion of state.

Some are happy despite government, others think happiness comes from the state.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Because China brought America fair and square on the open market in accordance with capitalist principals. It has a receipt and everything.

You cannot demand that there be an open market for goods and services and then get too upset when somebody buys you up.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

It’s not ok.

It’s just some are all in for the cult of state, or the religion of state.

Some are happy despite government, others think happiness comes from the state.

that "cult" word popped into my head too. I heard it a lot with regard to Trump, but as with most things, it seems that the true cult lies in the other side, who would squeal loudly at the sky when it's convenient, and when it's not, they scream at other things to deflect from their own shortcomings. To justify things like this, truly takes a cult mentality.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Is that what we are calling theft of corporate secrets, state secrets, and intellectual property now. Just for starts.....
edit on 21-12-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Because China brought America fair and square on the open market in accordance with capitalist principals. It has a receipt and everything.

You cannot demand that there be an open market for goods and services and then get too upset when somebody buys you up.

that's actually a fair argument. We have sh!t for sale and we don't have a stipulation on who can buy it mostly.
It just seems a bit odd that our politicians are for sale and for such a bargain price too.

The old fashioned part of me feels like our politicians should be working for the United States and it's people, and not the CCP. But I hollered at the kids to get off my lawn, so there is that.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
China is doing what they feel needs to be done. It's a smart plan. And an easy one to use for control. But I understand this much better than I would have had Trump not been president. See, we heard all about how horrible it would be for a high level official to have ties to other nations and how easily they could be blackmailed.

Now that it's not Trump in the crosshairs, it seems that issue isn't really an issue. So my question is, why? Why is it OK for Swalowswell to have ties to a hot Chinese spy and be on the house intel committee? Why is it OK for Hunter Biden to sell his name to China and other nations, when his Dad (same last name amazingly enough) just won the presidency? Why is it OK for Mitch McConnel to have a family business dependent on China? Why is it Ok for Diane Finestine's husband to do business with China when her driver of 20 years turned out to be a Chinese spy?

If it was a problem when Trump was being accused of it, why is it not a problem now?

I expect two things from this. Deflection and crickets. Time will tell.

My mask is the same as millions of others...and it's made in China.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

And apparently Russia as well.

nymag.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.bloomberg.com...
theintercept.com...

edit on 21-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Along with Japan.

Now if the two of them get together, we won't have to worry about them having a baby. We would have to worry about them having an abortion, though.

howmuch.net...

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Because, as with all things Democrat, they are "rules for thee and not for me."

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why is it okay for them to be owned by anyone? Looking at you lobbyists and special interests.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The American people have nobody to blame but themselves.

They bought Rodeo Flyers instead of Radio Flyers.
They bought $3 shirts from Wal-Mart instead of the more expensive American made ones.
They are still buying Apple and Nike slave labor products at stupid high prices.

What has that done you ask?
Made China an economic superpower giving them the ability to what the op topic is all about.

Long term effects.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Because Obama always said we need to be more like China. China is good, m'kay.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They bought $3 shirts from Wal-Mart instead of the more expensive American made ones.
They are still buying Apple and Nike slave labor products at stupid high prices.

Made China an economic superpower giving them the ability to what the op topic is all about.

Long term effects.

Even trumps campaign banners were made in China. What's that tell you?

www.reuters.com...

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 21-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What's your price?

What does China need to pay you for subservience?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And apparently Russia as well.

nymag.com...

www.reuters.com...

www.bloomberg.com...
theintercept.com...

Ah yes, the obfuscation. Well, be it Russia, China, or some Stan, it's all kind of bad for any of our leaders to be currying favors for them. or do you see it differently?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It tells me that several generations have sold the country to the Chinese for cheap labor.

You should know.
Your industry bows heavily to the Chinese for the all mighty dollar.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Long term effects.

Even trumps campaign banners were made in China. What's that tell you?

www.reuters.com...

www.usatoday.com...

wow, this is going to come as a shock to you, might want to sit down before you read this next line.

Trump lost the election. he isn't going to be president after Jan 20. You will have to come to grips with the question I'm asking here eventually.

I suppose it's like the stages of grief. Once you pass denial, we can help you with the anger part.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef

What's your price?

What does China need to pay you for subservience?

Tree fidy.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why is it okay for them to be owned by anyone? Looking at you lobbyists and special interests.

What part of the constitution grants Lobbyists the power to influence politicians?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join