It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Return the Checks Along With a Simple Note: "You're Fired."

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: zosimov

8 trillion dollars in total.

thats 8 000 000 000 000

roughly 3000 years is equal to 8 trillions seconds.

196 000 000 000 is going to Americans (population x 600 so not terribly approximate) or 24% ish

Questions for the mathimagicians, what percent will the US taxpayers current and future pay in interest on this pandemic gov't cash print debacle?

at this point, we it's never going to be paid back
just a number on paper

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'll take their six hundred dollar check. I consider it a refund for paying too much taxes over the years to the government.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner! Winner!

I am of a similar mindset. Been paying taxes for 23 years now... it's about time I saw something out of it for a change. The vast majority has been the feds shaking me down and I've received f-all in return aside from not being jailed for refusing to permit them to steal openly from me.

Screw the government. It's time to milk them dry and leave them for dead.

I would bet if people sent the checks back. the unused money would wind up being swindled out by some nefarious people in the government somehow. Used to fund a pet project that a contractor friend will be doing by a high ranking person in the government..

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you're into horse racing, the COVID Relief Bill is your thing!

Aside from laying the groundwork for the Climate Council, it has funding for horse racing regulation including performance enhancing drugs and tax break if you own one. It also has about $10 million for gender programs in Pakistan?! WTF ... oh, and we're funding a museum for the history, art, and culture of women too.

And that's along with your $600 relief. Feeling better?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
We did not keep our last check. We gave the money away to people we know who really needed it.

We will do the same if we get another one. People like me, who don't need it should not get it.

No one bought me then.

Pelosi and gang sure won't buy me now. But I don't trust them to do the right thing with the money either. So I'll give it to someone I know needs it. The government just throws money at people willy nilly and Democrats are the worst, we'll end up like Venezuela in a few years with the massive give aways they have promised during the election cycle.

I did this as well. It is soooo much more beneficial than giving it back or refusing to cash it. At least you know the money goes to someone who needs it (a fellow American) instead of back into the collective to get used for something like the "hush fund".

Nice job!

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

We did not keep our last check. We gave the money away to people we know who really needed it.

We will do the same if we get another one. People like me, who don't need it should not get it.

No one bought me then.

Pelosi and gang sure won't buy me now. But I don't trust them to do the right thing with the money either. So I'll give it to someone I know needs it. The government just throws money at people willy nilly and Democrats are the worst, we'll end up like Venezuela in a few years with the massive give aways they have promised during the election cycle.

I did this as well. It is soooo much more beneficial than giving it back or refusing to cash it. At least you know the money goes to someone who needs it (a fellow American) instead of back into the collective to get used for something like the "hush fund".

Nice job!

Thanks,
blend57

Or as I found out today the COVID bill has 10 Million going to Pakistan for "gender programs"

You CAN NOT TRUST the Democratic Party congresspeople to do the right thing when it comes to OUR money, not theirs, which they don't get, OUR money.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

No one bought me then.

You're right, it is.

I hope this is what people who don't need or want that money will do.

I wrote this out of spite (hence the rant), but wouldn't really want Nancy to get tens or more stimulus checks in the mail. I hope everyone who needs it will be taken care of, whether by neighbor or the generosity of a stranger.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Was just thinking, since it was our money to begin with. . . . why shouldn't we keep it and demand more of our money back?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There's intended irony in the OP, but still it was not a very emotionally intelligent post (funny that I complained of lack of just that); I was born with more than a small amount of defiance which is rearing its head at this point.

I know that we can and should not rely on the government for help and the case at hand is a perfect example of why.

I do however have some notion of urgency regarding the world we're allowing/creating for our children and am not planning on complacency--is it possible we still can change the course of future events? I think (or hope at least) that a lot of my defiance is coming from that place.

edit on 22-12-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Awesome. This thread has sparked an idea--any suggestions are always welcome.

I'm thinking of starting a charity drive called "Baking for Bread."
I could contact bakeries and people like myself who love baking to participate.
Each loaf baked w/i the allotted time frame would raise money from pledges, and the loaves made get donated to a local shelter while the money goes to local families in need.

I think I can figure out how to get it started better than I could figure out how best to distribute the raised money. Any ideas? Or maybe I should team up with a local charity?

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I think I can figure out how to get it started better than I could figure out how best to distribute the raised money. Any ideas? Or maybe I should team up with a local charity?

If you're not going to give it directly to the Augustus Charity Bourbon Fund I suggest giving to directly to your local food bank/pantry. They can always use extra food and equipment.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Was just thinking, since it was our money to begin with. . . . why shouldn't we keep it and demand more of our money back?

Mostly because how they're 'giving' it to us, it's from another I.O.U. written to ourselves.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Mostly because how they're 'giving' it to us, it's from another I.O.U. written to ourselves.

Yes, exactly! Only this debt will likely be paid by the next generation. (well to be honest I have a very rudimentary understanding of economy. This is my guess).

Thanks for the great suggestion regarding local food pantries.
I'll be happy to contribute to your personal bourbon fund next time you're in town

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Our European counterparts just delayed the inevitable.

It's not inevitable, as a few countries have demonstrated. Delaying until vaccines and better treatments are available seems a sensible objective.

originally posted by: ketsuko

There's a reason the press hasn't mentioned Europe lately. It's because they're in the midst of a spike that puts anything going on in the US now to shame.

Incorrect. Not that it's a competition, but infections in Europe's have dropped sharply since early November when new restrictions started to take effect. The US and UK are on a different path though.

U.S. Cases surge as Europe turns a Corner
edit on 24-12-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join