It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megachurch abuse of PPP funds is coming to light - Private Jet Included

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

FFS, you're not even in the correct thread. This is about the PPP, not PPE.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: neutronflux

FFS, you're not even in the correct thread. This is about the PPP, not PPE.

Oh well. Since your here. I think it was just a $itching thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Most people who needed PPP couldn't get it because they did not have good connections at banks. The primary failure of PPP.

Why are you making things up? You only needed to get your application in on time.

Is that so?

Banks Gave Richest Clients ‘Concierge Treatment’ for Pandemic Aid

Some businesses seeking coronavirus loans got to avoid flaky online portals or backed-up queues. Many other small businesses couldn’t get their loan requests submitted before the money dried up.

That’s because some of the nation’s biggest banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Citibank and U.S. Bank, prioritized the applications of their wealthiest clients before turning to other loan seekers, according to half a dozen bank employees and financial industry executives who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the banks’ operations.

link

The Paycheck Protection Program failed many Black-owned businesses.

These gaps were driven by a couple of factors including systemic inequities in banking, 

link

Here are five lessons that entrepreneurs can apply to their businesses, post-PPP

Establish relationships with your local bank

Aside from setting up a line of credit for your business, go ahead and open that business banking account. Meet your local banker, too.

That's because during the first rollout of the PPP, banks were only accepting applications from existing business clients.

"Most people see the bank as a transactional place," said Megan Gorman, an attorney and managing partner at Chequers Financial Management in San Francisco.

"But establishing the relationship at the bank is huge," she said. "It means you'll have an advocate, and as your bank grows, you'll have access to liquidity."

Don't worry I won't accuse you of making stuff up; but you might want to become more informed on the topic.

edit on 22-12-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I guess you still don't realize is that the person you linked didn't apply as a Walmart executive and had fictitious LLCs.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I guess you still don't realize is that the person you linked didn't apply as a Walmart executive and had fictitious LLCs.

He most certainly did apply as a Walmart executive. He applied with a bank and he is/was a walmart executive and the bank took that into account when they worked with him to processed his application. They would have laughed a Walmart bag boy right out the door.
edit on 22-12-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Did they? Prove it.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Did they? Prove it.

I already proved it with the few links showing how people with out existing relationships with banks where not able to participate in PPP.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No, this guy specifically as you alleged.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No, this guy specifically as you alleged.

This conversation was started when you challenged my off hand comment about Walmart being involved with PPP abuse. I have provided more than enough evidence to back up that comment.

However if you want to continue to believe that anyone who wanted PPP had only needed to apply and that bank relationships did not have a material impact to the application process...

Or that only churches have been abusing PPP...

I really can't help you further.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
This conversation was started when you challenged my off hand comment about Walmart being involved with PPP abuse.

Your comment was that THIS GUY got help due to being a Walmart executive which you still haven't been prove.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There will be plenty of this as people keep looking. My guess churches aren’t the only group that stuck their finger in the pie.

a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
There will be plenty of this as people keep looking. My guess churches aren’t the only group that stuck their finger in the pie.

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Looking at today's presidential pardons, there are plenty of snouts in the trough...

posted on Dec, 24 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
if you think that's bad look at how much money
we send Israel.

America christcucks love Israel so its no wonder they go hand in hand scamming us.

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Wouldn't you use thoughts and prayers instead?? Why the need to abuse taxpayer money?

American churches took in as much as $10 billion in taxpayer funds through PPP loans. More than 400 evangelical churches received loans of at least $1 million. The Catholic Church might have taken in as much as $3.5 billion.

American churches took in as much as $10 billion in taxpayer funds through PPP loans. More than 400 evangelical churches received loans of at least $1 million. The Catholic Church might have taken in as much as $3.5 billion.

Source

I mean how many people are actually getting employed by these evangelical churches? Does anybody have figures?

Paula White’s church took in between $150,000 and $350,000, Jeffress’s church grabbed between $2 million and $5 million and, now we know that Osteen’s megachurch pocketed $4.4 million. Other megachurches snagged millions of taxpayer dollars. As time passes, the inevitable abuses are coming to light. One megachurch televangelist even bought a private jet two weeks after receiving $4 million in PPP funds.

Source

And then there will be those that will just argue that we shouldn't have passed the Paycheck Protection Program in the first place, deflecting away from the obvious fact that tax-payer money is being misused regardless in this disgusting manner. Not only are we now seeing a rise in cultish megachurches leeching money off the lower classes, but the Federal government openly endorsing and funding it as well.

Merica.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join