It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question...maybe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I own a property. The taxes are paid in full. Doesn't matter where it is, Anywhereville, USA.

What section of the US Constitution, or what Amendment in the Bill of Rights or anywhere else, gives you the right / permission to come dump a great big dookie on my lawn or front step?

Not sure there’s anything in the COTUS or the Bill of Rights that would grant someone that right but there’s certainly laws by defaulting power back to the states that protect you from such.

the Bill of Rights amendments add to the Constitution specific guarantees of personal freedoms and rights, clear limitations on the government's power in judicial and other proceedings, and explicit declarations that all powers not specifically granted to the U.S. Congress by the Constitution are reserved for the states or the people.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Don’t dare drunk chicks to do things unless you actually want them to do it.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Don't dare drunks.
Unless you're just mean.

edit on 12/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It’s the 5th Amendment

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

They owe you money
edit on 20-12-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

They took your “private” property for “public” use * without* JUST compensation

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Gothmog

Don’t dare drunk chicks to do things unless you actually want them to do it.

Just trying would be enough.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I own a property. The taxes are paid in full. Doesn't matter where it is, Anywhereville, USA.

What section of the US Constitution, or what Amendment in the Bill of Rights or anywhere else, gives you the right / permission to come dump a great big dookie on my lawn or front step?

Nothing.

That's considered "criminal mischief" and is covered by local laws. Not the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Though one could weakly argue it's a First Amendment (freedom of speech)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

*withholds crude comment*

link   

a reply to: olaru12

Mo' bettah...what kind of "pieces of sh!t" would dookie in a a city park, or on the street, or on someone's doorstep, or just anywhere they felt like it????

Someone with no access to toilets. Someone ill (gastrointestinal emergency), someone homeless, someone mentally ill, teenagers, pre-teens, pranksters.

link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Byrd

*withholds crude comment*

That's good on you, mate.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Mo' bettah...what kind of "pieces of sh!t" would dookie in a a city park, or on the street, or on someone's doorstep, or just anywhere they felt like it????

Pigeons ?

Folks with diplomatic immunity ?
Freemen-on-the-Land ?
Wild animals ?

Humans : the species so superior, that they make rules about where they can, or can't poop.
We try to extend it to dogs as well, much to their bewilderment.

In nature : animals poop wherever/whenever.
Some take care not to poop in their dens, or nests.

There is no need for a law to tell the animals where and when they can poop.
They have no 'constitution', that gives these 'rights', or 'permission'.
Slaves, employees, and other subjugated beings need 'rights', or 'permission', or not ?

So does the constitution or laws : provide 'freedom', or do they provide restrictions, and/or protection for 'stakeholders' ?

Am not interested in arguing. Just some food for thought, before logging-out for the night.

( PS : This has got to be one of the crappiest threads of the day... LoL !! Someone had to say it ! Just kidding. )

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Why you got trouble with cereal poopers? They do the whole flaming bag of poopu trick?

I think that constitutes in the laws and regulations that would apply to the same thing that if it happened anywhere else.

You are free to take a crap anywhere you so choose. Just you know, taking a crap on somebody's front lawn is just not a smart thing to do, constitution or no constitution.

I think this classifies as something that is either in the depraved and metal department, or the comedic department.

I think your question is something that only a comedian can answer. Maybe its in the same department as Dave Chappelles hostage situation. ie, not necessarily covered by the constitution. Kind of like a homeless man jacking off on a bus is not covered in the constitution, for one thing, they didn't take it into account, and for second, buses were not invented yet.

In fact the founding fathers in all there wise wisdom, could not conceive of buses. The concept may have been foreign to them.

But you know, # happens. They should make an addendum for #ting on peoples yards.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Why you got trouble with cereal poopers?

High bran cereal can be conducive to pooping.

Is that what you mean?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

They have no 'constitution', that gives these 'rights', or 'permission'.

No , but there are state , local , and city laws and ordinances that cover both humans and animals
Why do folks always think Constitution or Federal when "laws" are brought up ?
I have no clue whatsoever.

edit on 12/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
For the record...

1. Nobody has ever taken a dookie on my lawn, or my front step. No person anyway.

2. The question posed in the OP was designed to illustrate how ridiculous some people's constitutional arguments are.

3. Additionally, the OP was intended (hopefully) illustrate that just because the Constitution doesn't preclude you from doing something doesn't give a person permission to do whatever depraved and immature thing they feel like doing.

Thank you for your responses.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

Not looking for payback here, at all.

I want to know what provision of the US Constitution gives someone the right/permission to do this with impunity.

I am arguing that there is not one.

Hi, I'm not American and wouldn't presume to be all knowledgeable about American law, but wouldn't it be the other way around? What I mean by that is that if anything surely it would be your right to not have people trespass and leave unwanted items on your property?

I'm going to take a wild guess that you also have some kind of public decency laws that would come into play.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That's a darned fine question, Sir.

You colonials have a strange system whereby the town council can fine you if you lawn grows too high, your neighbourhood can restrict where you park your car and, in some townships, what colour you paint your front door.

I assume you sign away any absolute rights away if you buy a property in those areas.

However, under all that there must be a legal principle of who has ultimate authority over your land. That would be why you are charged property taxes.

You yanks are keen on our eighteenth century liberal humanist thinkers, like Hume and Locke, but your constitution was cleverly conceived to protect vested interests.

Turds aside, I'm looking forward to this thread.
edit on 22-12-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The US Constitution does not address many aspects of criminal law.

Amendment V implies the right to enjoy property unmolested.

Property laws are usually reserved to the local level; many are common law.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join