It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Justice - Let's Abolish High-Level Academic Courses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Leftest, have you ever wondered why we resist your insanity? Because it never ends.

Yes, the next step in the Progressive agenda. Abolishing high-level academic courses by 2023 if the performance of black students is not on par with non-blacks. I am sure this will catch on in the Public system with their PC teachers union soon.

Of course this is a great idea for Social Justice.

I am so disgusted by the Progressives and this insane social justice agenda.

Get a clue... Lift everyone up and not bring everyone down maybe?

www.foxnews.com...

Those who disagree remain silent, the insider said. "Parents are terrified to speak up for fear of retribution. Parents are acting like spineless wimps."

One Dalton father, who said he’s removed his children from the school as a result of the manifesto, said Dalton "has totally failed in its mission to uplift the very people it professes to help.

"It’s completely absurd and a total step backwards," the father, who did not want to be identified, told the Post.

"This supposed anti-racist agenda is asking everyone to look at black kids and treat them differently because of the color of their skin," he said. "The school is more focused on virtue-signaling this nonsense than it is in actually helping students of color. More parents are going to be pulling their kids out."
edit on 20-12-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's a private school, they can do whatever they want, don't send your kids there if you have a problem with them.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's a private school, they can do whatever they want, don't send your kids there if you have a problem with them.

Thankfully they can do whatever they would like.

That includes exposing exactly how racist the individuals who came up with these ideas are.

As it has been said "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmSunday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One has to wonder why this type of insane thinking is infecting the higher learning.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
One has to wonder why this type of insane thinking is infecting the higher learning.

This isn't a college.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ummm. How stupid that is. Not many people would be able to understand some of those high level courses and degrees and of course, most of the people would never even want to be stuck in a lab or do a job like the ones that those courses are needed for. Nobody needs those certifications if you don't go into the field and acceptance is not negotiatable when you go to apply for a job, if you did great you have a decent chance of getting accepted....or if you are a cute girl with a nice pleasant voice and also do really good in school.....eyefood is just a perk, and if it is a female boss, a good looking guy may be a perk....or if the woman boss is gay, she may still want the cute girl....I can keep going with this for about ten paragraphs....Heck, when I went to work at Kohler, being from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan almost guaranteed you would get hired....I got that from the guy who hired me, the worst UP worker worked more than most of the people in Sheboygan he said.

I need to get more sleep, my mind is wandering off topic too much...up to two in the morning is not wise, especially when I get up at seven in the morning every day. See, even wandered with my excuse.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Including being surprised that equal opportunity does not equate to equal outcomes and that it is far easier to dumb down than build up. Typical SJW pandering idiots. Maybe they'll go out of business...

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Maybe they should make college courses so hard, that everybody flunks equally 😎

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Maybe they'll go out of business...

Maybe. But that's their business to run despite how much they trigger all the Karens.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thankfully they can do whatever they would like.

That includes exposing exactly how racist the individuals who came up with these ideas are.

As it has been said "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

I don't think they are racist, but being heavily over-zealous in their attempt to make blacks feel equal. And others who disagree feeling they may be called racist for disagreeing.

All in all, it's a high-end private school and this really only affects a small group of rich white and black students.

Why do we care about rich white or black kids? They'll be just fine no matter what silly curriculum is issued.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If the best and brightest cannot be trained to excel, then we will never excel as a people and country.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

This isn't a college.

Dalton is one of the most prestigious private schools in NYC.

The point is why is this kind of thinking even pushed in schools at all?

I live in a liberal community and it is the same kind of nonsense. Literally been in this town for 15 years and for at least 30 years they've been talking about achievement gaps between black and white students with no measurable improvement despite a school system with $100 million in surplus. These idiots literally were trying to build a $50 million dollar swimming pool for the high school and when votes said GTFOH with that BS, they tried to claim the pool would help inequity since black people can't swim! Dead serious.

They blame systematic racism, slavery, current racism, police brutality, poverty.... every damn thing under the sun except for single parent homes and lack of emphasis on education.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I know that, but that doesn't make it 'higher education'.

You could have just said, 'I didn't read the article', and left it at that.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It's K-12 for 54180$ a year. That's ALOT for K-12. I went to private school for a couple years as a kid. It was about 4-5k and this was a great private school in 2006.

This means their parents are heavily rich and can afford to send their kids anywhere. If parents disagre, they can easily change schools.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I know that, but that doesn't make it 'higher education'.

You could have just said, 'I didn't read the article', and left it at that.

So now you want to debate what color blue the sky is? Whether you consider Dalton to be "higher education" since it isn't college is totally irrelevant to the actual meat of the discussion...

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's hilarious about the swimming.

Honestly, if they cared about black education they would put money into poor black areas like the south side of chicago. They could really use alot of help.

It is alot of virtue signaling from white rich liberals. But it's more about wealth than political party. Wealth affords the opportunity to virtue signal. Then again, that's just my opinion. Maybe im wrong.
edit on 20-12-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

It's K-12 for 54180$ a year. That's ALOT for K-12. I went to private school for a couple years as a kid. It was about 4-5k and this was a great private school in 2006.

This means their parents are heavily rich and can afford to send their kids anywhere. If parents disagre, they can easily change schools.

I know but it is getting to the point that most schools have bought into this nonsense making it a challenge to just "change schools"

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So now you want to debate what color blue the sky is?

You said:

Whether you consider Dalton to be "higher education"...

No one considers Dalton to be 'higher education', except maybe you because you didn't read the article before replying to me about higher education.

...since it isn't college is totally irrelevant to the actual meat of the discussion...

The meat of the discussion is triggered Karens are upset about an overpriced private school pandering to its clientele.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I don't believe that all of Left's ideas are insane.
I don't believe that all the Right's ideas are sane.
I do believe both sides are thinning the center and drawing lines.

The words from Lincoln describing the only way to bring down this Nation has been studied by other nations for quite some time.

The plan was formulated many years ago. They only waited til until enough politicians were only to eager to personally benefit themselves alone with no benefit to the nation they represent.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Progressive agendas in general don't promote or reward individual achievement.

They're all about the collective.
edit on 20-12-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join