It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't people handle the 'Truth' ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Very nicely said.

But what if the truth is so hazardous, that people would easily destroy themselves, like children playing with abundantly provided matches?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Nick Bostrom has a great paper on this
Information Hazard

Abstract
Information hazards are risks that arise from the dissemination or the potential dissemination of
true information that may cause harm or enable some agent to cause harm. Such hazards are often
subtler than direct physical threats, and, as a consequence, are easily overlooked. They can,
however, be important. This paper surveys the terrain and proposes a taxonomy.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

Thanks for the reference!

I'm a fan of Nick Bostrom.

Though he focuses too much on ancestor simulations, not general simulations for my taste.

I'm going to run off and read his paper

TY

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Here's what's real: They are here, been here, come and go from here...

We know the truth: evidence abounds.

But we argue about it. But that doesn't mean it's not "reality": it is.
edit on 20-12-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stealthskater

....As was the famous Bentwaters/Rendlesham Forest incident. This occurred in a joint RAF/USAF base that housed nuclear weapons. Before sending military police into the forest to investigate the strange lights, they were instructed to leave all weapons behind. Now who in their right mind would give such an order? Unless this was some sort of psychological test using CIA/MK5 technology to assess personnel (who were guarding nuclear weapons) response under extraordinary conditions....

The events occurred in Rendlesham Forest which was UK sovereign territory. Not on the airbase itself.

NATO forces are subject to the Status of Forces Agreement. On the first night of events it was suspected a light aircraft had crashed and so friendly forces had "just cause" to render assistance off the base. But as there was no indication of anything hostile there was no justification to carry weapons. On all three nights of the incidents the base was never put on an alert. British police were notified but reported seeing nothing out of the ordinary. The British military were only notified three weeks later when a low key memo was sent to them.

Whatever happened it would appear that the higher ranking air force officers chose to keep their reactions to events just as low key. Some think it was a form of test on the rank and file. But the proof remains elusive.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Some people have their own religious conflicts as to who or what Gaod they worship.

Other people --- though not all --- can't or won't believe that there is is another race superior to their own.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What makes you think you know the truth? Everyone has a theory (including me.) You may be convinced it is true, but that has nothing to do with objective truth at all. Secondly (and just as important) what makes you think you have the "right" to the truth? Is it in the Constitution? Is it in some self-appointed wag's "declaration of human rights"?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. You're a taxpayer and your taxes pay those guys' salaries, therefore you have the right, blah, blah, blah.

Uh, no. You don't. Get over yourself. There is nothing compelling in law or human discourse that gives you the "right" to a certain segment of knowledge, especially since "the law" is not on your side on these issues; it's on the opposite side that enjoins people who DO know from telling anyone else, or they face jail time, and (I'm thinking) worse consequences than that, whether technically lawful or not.

Grant Cameron, a well-known UFO researcher, tells us of a conversation between Dr. Eric Walker and a researcher who claimed this "right to know." He said,

As I say, it's none of your business. Just to satisfy your curiosity? It is not going to do any damn good except to make you happy. Is that not true? Are we going to change the plans and regulations just to make you happy? If you say you are looking for the truth, you will never get it anyway, so forget it...Why should we bother to spend the time and money just to make you happy? Answer me that.
reported in "Managing Magic; the government's UFO Disclosure Plan" by Grant Cameron, Winnepeg: Itsallconnected Publishing, 2017, p. 28. ISBN:978-1542-857697.

So what is your recourse? Are you going to scream and shout and dance about? Are you going to "demand" Congressional hearings? Just what are you going to do? You already know anyway, don't you? How many more hundreds of books do you need to read? How many thousands of encounters? Surely you don't need someone "in a position of authority" to confess to you. When someone does come out and tell you what happened you don't believe them anyway. Lazar is a liar. Travis Walton is a liar. Commander Fravor saw a bird. Why should these guys tell you anything? When they do you treat them in a dispicable manner.

You are not being told for a number of reasons, and one of them is your piss poor attitude.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I just finished that book last night. The first UFO book that I'd read in
a few years. It was better than I expected. It was confirmation about
two different groups that I had been running into, when I was a 'UFO'
researcher.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If disclosure actually happened, how many people would go to work the next day?

Would people still be going to church, more importantly would The Vatican and Joel Osteen see a drop in donations?

Alien contact would be a major blow for our institutions.

If disclosure happened it would turn the whole world on its head and the ones at the top of the pyramid scheme wouldn't want that.

If E.T. have been here for some time than I reckon their relationship with us comes down to a few scenarios:

1. The leaders of the world are taking advantage of the situation. Maybe the aliens are gullible, or the world leaders just struck a good trade deal like children for technology.

2. The aliens and world leaders are nalefariously in cahoots. Something like psychic vampires, demons, or a They Live type of situation.

3. The aliens are biding their time for something, observing. Allowing the world to do its thing until they get the green light.

Hell, it may even be a mix of #1 and #3 or a mix of #2 and #3.

Whatever it may be, disclosure won't occur from a leak, if it ever happens it will be carefully scheduled.
edit on 20-12-2020 by Psilocyborg because: Dont phone home. A collect call to alphi centauri will break the bank.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

the only 'real disclosure' would be up to the 'aliens', not any human.

If the 'aliens' were 2 billion year-old artificial intelligences, that are lurking
near the Plank level, just monitoring everything, I can't imagine why they
would ever 'disclose'.

'Disclosure' is a human concept, and may only make sense to humans,
not to any 'aliens'.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Maybe we don't want the sheep stampeding. Maybe it's better to just let them sleep and dream their alien manipulated dreams.
No kidding, right?

What if it were discovered that "they" are from another dimension, and our nuclear works has the capability of bleeding into their awareness?

What if it were discovered that "they" live in the deepest trenches of Earth's oceans, and they are rightfully pissed that we have the capability of killing the planet?

What if it were discovered that "they" originate from Venus, after having vacated Mars, which they properly screwed up?

What if it were discovered that "they" are temporal beings from a difference spacetime than ours?

I could handle any or all of it. I already think the world is much stranger than conventional wisdom proclaims. I want to know the truth. I'm not certain that those around me could say the same.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

The US hovers near civil war, presumably without aliens being involved.

We don't need aliens to put us in a panic; we are in a panic right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
If disclosure actually happened, how many people would go to work the next day?

Everybody. The rent must be paid, and you gotta eat. ET isn't going to do either for you. The Vatican has already signed off on the idea. Church attendance would increase. Disclosure has already happened for anyone paying attention. Sure, we don't know the full details, but dozens, even hundreds of people have told us all about what they know. Many people already don't believe what they've been told. And the POTUS, always a part-timer, doesn't know crap anyway. If he were to say, "ET is real" would people even care?

Disclosure is over rated and a done deal.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Very true! However those discussions take place on another thread.

I've never had so little trust in global governments. The more they hide, the less safe we are. I think the alien/others/ET existence is something that has been hidden for a long time, and I'd like to know why. "Long time" meaning since the beginning of recorded human history.

I think people used to call them Gods, and then we got "civilized" and put those foolish notions aside.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
I could handle any or all of it. I already think the world is much stranger than conventional wisdom proclaims. I want to know the truth. I'm not certain that those around me could say the same.

If I had an agonizing painful disease that I knew for sure would never get better, I would seriously consider cashing in my chips, because is life really all that great to hang onto no matter what? Finding out that myself and all my friends are really just "containers" for some masochistic alien energy worms feeding on our pain might start to qualify in that regard. What would a cow do if it was smart enough to figure out that it was only alive to be sent to the slaughter house and nearly everything that it enjoyed in life was only there to make it more delicious?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Well, you know that I've written about your point quite extensively,
for years now, on ATS. You won't get any major argument from me.

My only disagreement, is that humans are the ones who 'hex themselves'
quite often, no need to invoke 'aliens' very often, or possibly at all.

More research is needed, and it's very rough to research this authoritatively.

edit on 20-12-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Egads!

Have you hacked into my private research?

Somewhat a joke.

Sent you a PM
edit on 20-12-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If the cow was smart enough to be able to fully process that information, the cow might go on a rampage -- one last act of defiance. OR, if it were sufficiently enlightened, it might start a group that aspired to go off in the wilderness and conspire.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I doubt anyone, including the government know what the truth is behind these kind of experiences. I’m sure they know they exist, but that’s about as far as it goes.

Acting like they are privy to some kind of truth is just disinformation.
edit on 20-12-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

People cannot handle the truth because those in Power the People were trusting of betrayed them and hid and suppressed the truths from them so that entire GENERATIONS OF HUMANS were forced to exist with a Family taught predisposition for denying reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join