It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle pretty much destroyed.. Is this the future of America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Exponential growth of homeless people #ting everywhere and leaving needles.a reply to:Gryphon66

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Some very rich people seem to live in Washington state, and even in Seatle...jeff Bezos, Bill Gates has also one house there .

Where do Washington State's billionaires live?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

And, unfortunately, you can't solve it with compassion either. In fact, the only way to solve it is with the exact opposite of compassion, which sometimes means the same brutality they treat each other with.

You can solve it with compassion, but that isn’t how we do it in the US.
We have over a million people in jail, the “war” on drugs has failed.
We just ignore the vicious cycle.

www.businessinsider.com...

In general, prison should have five goals, as described by criminologist Bob Cameron: retribution, incapacitation, deterrence, restoration, and rehabilitation. In his words though, "Americans want their prisoners punished first and rehabilitated second."

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah compassion will make ppl stop doing dope and living trash lives. roflmao.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Who said anything about Pakistan????

- Right.
- Because there are no consequences for their actions! Simple.
- Because people are idiots? About the only explanation I can see. Seriously though, because the voters of these cities must be okay with living in a lawless drug infested ####hole, else they'd vote for someone who would DO something about it.

The requirements to enjoy the nice things a city has to offer is don't be a douche by breaking ####, selling dope, shooting up on the street, living in a tent and taking dookies on people's front porches! Those are the rules. Fail to follow them and you get the cast iron boot to the family jewels!

Pretty straight forward from my perspective.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Yeah compassion will make ppl stop doing dope and living trash lives. roflmao.

What we are doing now isn’t working is it?
I lived in Seattle in my youth, what is has become is unrecognizable
There are elephants in the room nobody wants to address
-mental illness
-affordable housing
-education issues
-PTSD

Drugs aren’t the problem, its other issues that lead people down that path only to compound all these issues.

Seattle and liberal areas aren’t the only places dealing with these issues. Florida has a gigantic homeless population, the tourism industry just makes sure they are hidden well.
edit on 20-12-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Perhaps the govt shouldnt have worked so hard to destroy the nuclear family and paint it as a racist thing?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What I see is Liberals go to an area, turn it to #, then instead of fixing it they run away, and recreate the same # situation and then be like WHY CANT YALL BE MORE LIKE ME?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Let me assure you, no country on Earth has nice and friendly jail. The jails in the US are some of the 'nicest' and most humane prisons on the planet. Ever seen the inside of a Mexican jail? A Russian jail? An Iranian jail? An Asian prison? I have, and they ain't pretty. They 'rehabilitate' people really quick!! People don't EVER want to go back! That's the idea.

Besides, I said nothing about prison. I said put them to work, forcibly if need be.

As for the war on drugs failing, I agree on only one count; sentences don't match the crime. We've got people doing 20 years for simple pot possession and people right outside the jail smoking dope because it's legal. What kind of crazy is that? On the other hand you've got drug kingpins who can afford a great lawyer doing 18 months for possession with intent to distribute on heroin, meth, and worse.

I don't entirely disagree that the so called war on drugs has failed, but the flip side of that coin is places like Seattle where nothing is enforced. And, we can clearly see that ain't workin'.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Some very rich people seem to live in Washington state, and even in Seatle...jeff Bezos, Bill Gates has also one house there .

Where do Washington State's billionaires live?
Bill sold his home in Seattle last spring I hear...just in time.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Nickn3

Thank you for not perpetuating the faux concern for drug addition and homelessness. I think you're very correct that arnarchy is not effective in large, dense populations. What would you suggest to deal with the issues?

What do YOU suggest to deal with the issues?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
So what did they do in the 1950s and 60s?

I would say the problem is that hitting rock bottom is supposed to hurt. It's supposed to be a place that is uncomfortable and motivate you to either get away from it or stay out of it in the first place.

What they did in Seattle is they lined the rock bottom with pillows. No or little repercussions for actions that used to get you 30 days for vagrancy or a psych hold. Nurse Ratchet kept the psychos in line and warehoused if nothing else.

Whine and moan about the bad old days but the streets were clean.

edit on 20-12-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Let me assure you, no country on Earth has nice and friendly jail. The jails in the US are some of the 'nicest' and most humane prisons on the planet. Ever seen the inside of a Mexican jail? A Russian jail? An Iranian jail? An Asian prison? I have, and they ain't pretty. They 'rehabilitate' people really quick!! People don't EVER want to go back! That's the idea.

Besides, I said nothing about prison. I said put them to work, forcibly if need be.

As for the war on drugs failing, I agree on only one count; sentences don't match the crime. We've got people doing 20 years for simple pot possession and people right outside the jail smoking dope because it's legal. What kind of crazy is that? On the other hand you've got drug kingpins who can afford a great lawyer doing 18 months for possession with intent to distribute on heroin, meth, and worse.

I don't entirely disagree that the so called war on drugs has failed, but the flip side of that coin is places like Seattle where nothing is enforced. And, we can clearly see that ain't workin'.

so, I kind of had a melt down recently and was fortunate enough to run into a full blooded standing rock soul. decedent from sitting bull. we had many many talks and we discussed some of the nobility and honor amongst outlaws. she would tell of the compassion and acceptance that was show to everyone within the tribe that walked the path. I would imagine jail would be composed of similar people. People of honor and nobility that society has rejected because of habits ...especially habits that do not interfere with free will or harm others. I am not stupid enough to think the other types aren't present as well ... but it would an interesting dichotomy wouldn't it? something never experienced before ... no more reliance on food or shelter as it would all be provided ... omg and the stories ... the amazing amazing stories .... just like books but better

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Seattle is what happens when you have capitalist bringing in lots of cash but one party control by progressive liberals.

Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Austin
Los Angeles
New York

Same story. Rampant homeless, drug abuse, high housing costs... the common denominator is progressive liberals running the government in these cities.

Each one of these cities puts in the same polices and all they do is exacerbate the problems even more. Progressives are really bad about connecting dots.

People flee these cities and then vote for the same policies that destroyed their original city.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Seattle is what happens when you have capitalist bringing in lots of cash but one party control by progressive liberals.

Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Austin
Los Angeles
New York

Same story. Rampant homeless, drug abuse, high housing costs... the common denominator is progressive liberals running the government in these cities.

the progressives are the leadership now... but after the Imams & priests that represent ChrIslam take over... the lockdowns/persecutions made social order will be 100X more, unpleasant

edit on th31160849123820072020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

re: Biden will bring in the political side of 'ChrIslam' with his plea of If Allah so wills it
edit on th31160849150720112020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Your video talks about various situations involving the alledgedly compassionate response of the city of Seattle to drug addiction and homelessness.

Are you saying you're against a compassionate approach? If so, why? And how would you act differently?

Doubting you'll answer those questions, I'll just go ahead and point out that this is from KOMO News, which is a part of the SInclair network, a vital part of the corporate media machine.

This is a part of the media that promotes the message of the global elite..

Because a compassionate approach does not work , I mean obviously it does not work just look at Seattle .

That entire city is just a Liberal guinea pig , They emplace ridiculous policies they know will never work then sit back and just watch the putrid chaos rain.

Compassion has it's merrits , but Criminals and Drug addicts will only take advantage of your " Compassion" it will be seen as a free ride , a Get out jail free card or just as pure weakness.

Wake up mate , you can not Govern through sentiment .

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Yes, it's called "consequences".

Back to accountability and responsibility again.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have family that live in Seattle very close to downtown, they’re done with it and looking for a new home outside of the Seattle area. They’ve friends that are on the police force that are looking for other jobs because the city council, judges and district attorney’s have their hands tied and they can’t actually do the job they were hired to do.

It’s a sad situation but even sadder is that my family in Wa. all voted for Biden/Harris, the very people and party that is condoning and supporting the destruction of the very city they’re wanting to flee. Embarrassing, brainwashed and ignorant train of thought to me but I leave it alone when we talk, makes absolutely no sense though.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I have family that live in Seattle very close to downtown, they’re done with it and looking for a new home outside of the Seattle area. They’ve friends that are on the police force that are looking for other jobs because the city council, judges and district attorney’s have their hands tied and they can’t actually do the job they were hired to do.

It’s a sad situation but even sadder is that my family in Wa. all voted for Biden/Harris, the very people and party that is condoning and supporting the destruction of the very city they’re wanting to flee. Embarrassing, brainwashed and ignorant train of thought to me but I leave it alone when we talk, makes absolutely no sense though.

That is the irony of it. They can't see that the results are what they actually vote for...

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Your video talks about various situations involving the alledgedly compassionate response of the city of Seattle to drug addiction and homelessness.

Are you saying you're against a compassionate approach? If so, why? And how would you act differently?

Compassion can and should only go so far as it is not deleterious to the compassionate. Seattle passed that point years ago. Their politicians' and activists' compassion are being funded by the systematic destruction of Seattle's prosperity and future. It's difficult to explain it or demonstrate it to someone who hasn't been to Seattle before the great collapse started and then since it gained steam. Trust me when I say that Seattle today looks NOTHING like the emerald city of 20 years ago and the changes are almost entirely for the worse. Seattle is presently in a similar state as Detroit was in in the late 80s... those with the means to leave are GTFO as quickly as they can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join