It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle pretty much destroyed.. Is this the future of America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Im only half way through the video.
Every time I watch a video about Seatlle things seem to have deteriorated more.
Ive seen many really bad videos of the place,but this one is just unreal.

How the hell did it get to a situation where the city government have turned into predators against their citizens?
Because thats what you are if you are demanding violent criminals do not face justice.

Are they all being blackmailed or something?
Surely people cannot be this willfully stupid.

The enemies of America will feel great joy to see what is happening.
They do very well out a situation like this-

They make tons of money through cartel drug/china precursor chemicals,and it make the USA look like a failed state when a city like Seatlle just rolls over.
Its win win for your enemies.

But its those who run the city who are truly responsible-do they not see that legalising crime and crippling the police that they are literally running their own city into the ground?

There is no coming back from this with those utter retards in control.
They claim to be doing this from a "position of love."

Allowing drug addicts a free pass to buy/use drugs on the street and engage in violent crime is not loving for crying out loud.
The city council are breeding hatred,death and misery on a city wide scale.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, I will say one thing; this is probably the most coherent debate we've had here on ATS yet. This might surprise you, but I actually welcome opposing ideas. I think they are good.

It's not that I dislike your ideas on the whole, but this particular subject hits close to home on a number of fronts. One, because I've seen this problem up close and personal in Detroit, Seattle and San Francisco. Some people try to make it out as a compassion issue, but if you actually spend every day immersed in it, there is no compassion in that world at all. It's selfish, brutal and criminal on all levels. And, unfortunately, you can't solve it with compassion either. In fact, the only way to solve it is with the exact opposite of compassion, which sometimes means the same brutality they treat each other with.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
We just need to wall them in. The problem with these places is they attract and corrupt people of similar frequencies. They all congregate in these concrete jungles and start reproducing. Then once they have vampired the local economy and resources, turning their paradise into hell .... the fester .. the boil pops and they can no longer provide food and shelter for themselves .. so they start infecting the rest of the country that was responsible and accountable, living in balance with each other and their surroundings.

The best thing we could ever do to these large concrete jungles is wall them in and make them come to terms with their own demons before they will be released back into the reality the rest of us respect and nurture. Sure, probably only 1/4 of them will come out from their self created prison ... but what other answers are there?

They have been brainwashed by mainstream their entire lives ... by teachers and professors in the belly of the beast. Can they really be saved? Do they even have the necessary facilities left to learn critical thought?

A new vibration is coming. A transition from the material to the spiritual and there are a lot that aren't going to make the frequency shift.
edit on 20-12-2020 by ClovenSky because: on=only

edit on 20-12-2020 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

What would you suggest to deal with the issues?

Round 'em up, by the thousands. Load them on cargo ships and send them to Bangladesh. There, they won't eat unless they're productive. They're certainly not, in any way, productive elements of society in Seattle or anywhere else.

Do that a few times, in a few cities like Seattle, San Francisco, LA, etc. and the message will get out. "YOU are accountable for YOU! YOU will be held accountable for YOUR actions!"

This isn't a drug problem. This isn't a homelessness problem. Those are just excuses. This IS a personal accountability problem. Period.

damn, I should have read your post first then I wouldn't even needed to post mine.

very nice sir very nice

I hope you are doing well and still keeping up with that huge lot of land you call paradise.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We'd both be surprised, I think, over a cup of coffee.

I have a real hard time with compassion. Empathy is easy.

Compassion to me means I care enough about someone to let them go.

In my youth, I spent some time with one or two actual criminals, or rather, sociopaths and crime was just the path of least resistance. Many of the folks we are speaking of are either literal or functional sociopaths, though not all.

I grew up in the country, in an abusive situation, so many of my core reactions are initially pure eye-for-an-eye.

You hit me, I hit you back harder so you won't or can't do it again. It's not hard to see the remnants of that in my writing style.

Then I overcompensated for my upbringing my becoming the purest, bleeding-heart, pie-in-the-sky liberal you could imagine. Life taught me that is also an idealistic and untenable belief structure. As I matured I began to see that the best possible world was if we just stayed out of each others business, most of all government, and many people call that libertarian, which is just another idealistic title.

Here's the most basic way I can explain myself to you: I hate authoritarianism, however, all government is authoritarian. Let us make our governments as small and as non-intereferring as we can for a productive society.

We're still working on that one.
edit on 20-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

edit on 20-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You know, your post also reminded me of something else. In my previous post I mentioned seeing only selfishness, brutality and crime in these homeless strongholds (places like Detroit, Seattle and SF), and that I saw zero compassion. Interestingly, the one thing I didn't see a lot of was hate. Seattle is probably the exception here, as there's plenty of hate going on in Seattle, hate on everything. But I didn't see much hate in Detroit and San Francisco. I saw a whole lot of apathy, but not hate so much.

Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Huge Big Government and Social breakdown failure all planned.

They always get so "compassionate" AFTER they allow a problem to create itself -how convenient 😎

Classic 😎

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hatred is usually a luxury.

Seattle's problem doesn't begin with actual homelessness or even incompetent government.

It begins with kids who are spoiled rotten who beg on a street corner all day and then go home to the ritzy part of town at night.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Huge Big Government and Social breakdown failure all planned.

They always get so "compassionate" AFTER they allow a problem to create itself -how convenient 😎

Classic 😎

Thank you for another vague and easy answer.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I honestly do believe Seattle is the future of US Cityscape and there's a host of reasons why the US Cities are going the way they are. Dopey Democrat policies are one obvious reason; the creation of these One Party Jurisdictions in these cities without political choice is another. Wealth flight is quite obviously a problem.

But what no one seems to discuss is the real ongoing crash of what one might term "Civilization". US cities are becoming urban pits of monotone grey despair because the cultural attributes that make a culture a Civilization have dwindled to nothingness.

What's meant by that? It can be best demonstrated in the absence of pursuit of values that once caused Civilization to advance and improve. So, for example, back in the late 19th Century and the early 20th Century, the wealthy, the educated, aspired to build and improve their cities by building up cultural centers of high art in buildings of high archetecture and they surrounded themselves and others with Opera Houses, Symphony Orchestras, Art Museums, Universities and beautifully designed Parks. In so doing they lent their names to these structures as philonthropic gifts designed to INSPIRE those less fortunate to pursue more lofty pursuits than tagging underpasses and shooting up drugs.

Today, those values have no weight.....they have almost entirely disappeared. The wealthy have left, they have offshored their money and what remains are the hollowed out ruins of a once great culture.

Culture abhors a vacuum and doubtless something will come along to replace and rebuild and it will probably be Asians in general, doubtless lead by the Chinese. In the meantime, look for US cities to become more like dying prisons.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
When you try and create answers using only one side like compassion or empathy, it will fail every time. On the flip side if you use nothing but govt and authoritarianism to control society, they stagnate and never grow. Like atlantis ... beautiful live in harmony for thousands of thousands of years....then what?

whats the point of paradise. nothing new. nothing unique . nothing original. might as well just stayed in heaven in that scenario.

so if you don't mix the 2 sides in equal proportion, it is going to fail. you must have kindness with harshness or it will never work.

at what point do we as a responsible ethical and moral society come together and start fighting for what WE want for a change. not to roll over and play dead. not to stick our *(#(*# heads in the sand anymore.

we know compassion. we know empathy. but do we know how to wield the sword with justice...with honor ... with nobility?

maybe it is time we learn no?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Buddha said the middle way is best.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Interesting observation. I almost disagreed at first, but I think in the case of Seattle you're right.

Back in the 80's (possibly even before) Seattle was always kind of a San Francisco wannabe. You could tell they really envied the culture of San Francisco, and I think you're right...all the rich kids tried to create a mini-San Francisco there. Rich spoiled rotten brats are like that. They've got enough money that they can pay to create their own little mini-culture. The problem in Seattle is that cultural statement took root for real, and pretty soon all the dirtbags started showing up to roost.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hey, I manage the PNW for work, I spend a helluva lot of time in Seattle...the OP is not wrong...their city council is well beyond sane...blocks are over run with homeless and drug addicts.

That stupid city is a shell, a laughable shadow of a respectable social construct.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There is hope though, but it takes time and dedication. Some cities have managed to take some of the worst areas and reclaim them (sort of). Detroit is probably one of the more radical examples with their Greektown area. Denver is another with the Northfield / Stapleton area. Neither of these examples is a whole city though, so there's still a boundary beyond which all the undesirables get pushed. Though it is proof of the measures which have to be undertaken, and a big one of these is what is tolerated and more importantly what is not. Inside these zones the tolerance is very low, and outside them is anarchy and destruction.

Really proof of what it takes.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Feces covered street just scream high culture.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A mix of authority and compassion is what I’ve been reading in the last few posts.

In a place like Seattle do you have encapsulate them and let the anarchy run it’s course? Then step in and re-establish order?

I just don’t see that any amount of talk will remedy the problem.

When a section of a city is under anarchy with no good structure, will taking away basic necessities change the tone of the free zone? I don’t know but it doesn’t make it any easier.

How do the people hold the politicians accountable? By force? By vote? Both? How do you enable the police to do what needs to be done no matter how unpopular it might be? How do you get the media back on track to giving us the news without an agenda or opinion behind it?

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Seattle pretty much destroyed.. Is this the future of America?

It is if America continues down the path of poorer and poorer educational standards, the decreasing use of logic, and the increasing emphasis on "feelings" to make decisions about hardcore facts and real science.

"The Stupid" has taken over. The younger generations, in their quest to assuage their "feelings", is destroying the country that gave them the freedom to "feel" in the first place.

Enjoy your socially acceptable Armageddon, kiddies. You definitely earned it.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

What would you suggest to deal with the issues?

Round 'em up, by the thousands. Load them on cargo ships and send them to Bangladesh. There, they won't eat unless they're productive. They're certainly not, in any way, productive elements of society in Seattle or anywhere else.

Do that a few times, in a few cities like Seattle, San Francisco, LA, etc. and the message will get out. "YOU are accountable for YOU! YOU will be held accountable for YOUR actions!"

This isn't a drug problem. This isn't a homelessness problem. Those are just excuses. This IS a personal accountability problem. Period.

Why Pakistan?

Period, problem solved. Right?
Why do people have accountability problems?
And why do we keep electing them?

Lots of questions about knee jerk answers to complex problems.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join