It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How, Functionally, Does Covid Differ From the Common Cold?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I’ll tell you how it’s different than the common cold and flu: the majority of people who get it don’t even know they have it except they tested positive. In other words, it’s so harmless and the symptoms so non-existent that testing is the only way to know if you’ve got it.

Everyone knows when they have the flu. Everyone knows when they have a cold.

But sure, we need to wear masks and close down businesses (except Walmart and Home Depot and McDonald’s) and society and stand six feet apart and not gather in crowds of more than ten. Sure, that makes tons of sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

the majority of people who get it don’t even know they have it except they tested positive.

Yes. But there are enough who do know they have it, and have it bad enough to be hospitalized, that it's causing problems in a lot of places.

How do you suppose they got infected?

edit on 12/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How many people do you personally know that have had it....not tested positive, but actually have gotten deathly ill from it?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One of my friends mother died last night, tested positive, a week goes by asymptomatic, then hit her, gone in 2 days

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

None. But our numbers are much better than most of the country.

From you question, I guess you think that all the hospitalization stuff is fake?

Is it fake in Sweden too?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

No. I don't think it is fake. I think there probably is a corona virus "on the loose".

I know of only 3 people and they are not in my immediate orbit, just acquaintances.

One is a doctor that tested positive. He had almost zero symptoms. The other was a 70 year old lady that felt "off" for a few days and the other an 80+ year old man that threw it off within days. No hospitalizations required.

I don't know about Sweden. All we know is what we read, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I've never been to Egypt. But I've read about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And I've never been to Spain, but I kind of like the music.

edit on 19-12-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

None. But our numbers are much better than most of the country.

From you question, I guess you think that all the hospitalization stuff is fake?

Is it fake in Sweden too?

Living on a island thats warm has its advantages

Id hate to have a respatory virus in a place like Sweden with the cold and high altitude

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Stockholm is at sea level and Sweden's mountains aren't all that high.

edit on 12/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: ketsuko
I walked into Wal-Mart this guy was counting heads at the door I asked him how many are aloud inside, he said
oh a 1000 at least.

After dodging wal- Martians for a hour I got up to checkout & was just letting people entertain me in my mind, when the music stopped & the covid protocol commercial came on....stay 6 feet apart, wash your hands, wear your mask.
I looked over at my wife, I said.... their getting away with this.
she didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I looked around & saw all the dead eye expressions & the speakers spouting out the covid commercial, reminded me of some movie I watched with Hitler playing over & over & over the loud speakers in the towns.

I've mentioned that before, walking through Meijer one day hearing that PSA gave me the chills, like something you'd hear in a futuristic movie like Demolition Man.

thank you

I live in a rural area in the woods.
we've discussed how to stay civilized as long as we can, before bunkering down with a half a truck of McDonalds burgers & fries....lol
With a vaccine they give out plastic cards for your glove box to show you've got it....lets just say working on purchasing a card when that day comes without taking their drug of choice.
we've all tested positive where I work, lot of politics.
If your exposed fill free to go home without pay or keep working.
If you test positive you get 14 days from the day your test results comeback....while waiting for your results you hope they come back positive for the pay...lol

common symptom, I felt like if I didn't get out of bed I was going to die, 12 hours of sleep a little bit of COPD.
I got 5 days off....back to work.....im 58
Were at war with something we cant see & we've got a 99.4% survival rate...

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: markovian

Stockholm is at sea level and Sweden's mountains aren't all that high.

Your right i was thinking Switzerland lol oops

Still wouldent want that anywhere that far north

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
One of my friends mother died last night, tested positive, a week goes by asymptomatic, then hit her, gone in 2 days

So sorry about your friend's mother. Did she have other issues that coincided with it? I haven't heard of otherwise healthy people dying from it, especially within two days, although I'm sure there are bound to be some reports of such.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

That hits the nail on the head.

Covid-19 just has a better PR firm.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Oh man, so sorry to hear that.

Was she healthy otherwise?

edit on 12 19 2020 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Has anyone who thinks COVID is just a common cold, actually had a moderate to severe case of it or know anyone who had a severe case?

If so, I am certain you would view in differently.

It does not just effect the elderly. Plenty of younger folks are getting infected and down for 10 days+, and that is just with a moderate case.

Just because say half of those infected only get mild symptoms if any, does not make this any less dangerous.

I have a little more experience with the virus than most, I was just released from quarantine 2 days ago and been out of work for 2 weeks because of COVID.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

So sorry about your friend's mother. Did she have other issues that coincided with it? I haven't heard of otherwise healthy people dying from it, especially within two days, although I'm sure there are bound to be some reports of such.

Thanks!

No issues apparently(didn't want to ask), just elderly. About 2 months ago, my employers mother died from it as well, in a care home in LA. It's a very sad way to go. And it is the elderly taking the vast majority of hits, it's troubling, because they "are" already isolated, but it just takes one slip up.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Was she said healthy otherwise?

Thanks, she was elderly, but apparently in good shape otherwise. We all going to go at some point..this is just a terrible way to do it.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Was she said healthy otherwise?

Thanks, she was elderly, but apparently in good shape otherwise. We all going to go at some point..this is just a terrible way to do it.

sorry for your loss this is a scarred Holiday for you. This virus is genocide on the elderly

edit on 19-12-2020 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I am reserving my judgement on COVID until I can get my hands on some annual death rate numbers.

My father passed a couple of years ago right after Christmas.

He had a cold when I saw him over the holidays and even though a previously mild heart condition took him his doctor and the family didn’t say the cold killed him.

It’s harsh at this point to belittle and deny what’s going on after hearing stories similar to yours

Waiting for those death rate numbers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join