It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says Russia is on a Global Cyber Hacking Spree.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Saturday, December 19, 2020

This past week, the U.S. government revealed that a massive, ongoing cyber-attack is occurring against departments of the United States Government, and the nation's largest corporations.

The Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) called the attack, which started in March or possibly earlier, “a grave risk” to the U.S. government.

The hackers exploited a little-known, but widely used software program called Orion, made by cyber company SolarWinds. Their client list includes the Office of the U.S. President, the Pentagon, NASA, NSA, all five branches of the U.S. military, and most of the Fortune 500 companies, including the top ten U.S. communications companies.
More at: time.com...

Yesterday evening on the Mark Levin show (FoxNews), Secretary of State Mike Pompeo revealed that Russia is behind the ongoing attacks-hacks, and they are global in scope.

Here is a key excerpt from the interview:

SECRETARY POMPEO: Vladimir Putin remains a real risk to those of us who love freedom, and we have to make sure that we prepare for each of them.

Today, I rank China as the challenge that truly presents an existential threat.

But I don’t minimize the risk that having hundreds and hundreds of nuclear warheads capable of reaching the United States imposes an enormous risk on us as well.

QUESTION: From my pedestrian point of view, and that’s all it is, I agree with you 100 percent that Russia needs to be on that list.

Now, this attack, I guess our government is still sorting it out and so forth. Reports are coming out this is a massive attack on our computer systems and our software systems, correct?

SECRETARY POMPEO: That’s right. I can’t say much more as we’re still unpacking precisely what it is, and I’m sure some of it will remain classified.

But suffice it to say there was a significant effort to use a piece of third-party software to essentially embed code inside of U.S. Government systems, and it now appears systems of private companies, and companies and governments across the world as well.

This was a very significant effort, and I think it’s the case that now we can say pretty clearly that it was the Russians that engaged in this activity
Full Transcript Here: www.state.gov...

I wonder if Christopher Krebs, the Cyber-Security chief who was fired by President Trump in November, was fired because he kept these attacks hidden? Three weeks after his termination, and suddenly the existence of these long-term cyber attacks come to light.

This news article point out how Christopher Krebs was a "media darling" when he opposed President Trump, declaring that the election this year was free of foreign interference. But now that it's clear his department failed to stop the hacking, his name is never mentioned by those same outlets.

Krebs Last Month vs Now: www.foxnews.com...

This is one of the rare instances where those who like blaming Russia for (you name it) over the past 4 years, are correct.

-CareWeMust

edit on 12/19/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   

This is one of the rare instances where those who like blaming Russia for (you name it), are correct.

Maybe. Or, maybe this instance is not so rare at all, which, apparently, it is not.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Krebs had no jurisdiction in the Treasury Department, Energy, etc. where many of these hacks have been discovered.

Also, last time I checked, releasing classified information to the public is illegal.

Great side-swipe at someone many think is an enemy of Mr. Trump, however. Good collateral effort.

There is zero evidence thus far that any data accessed was changed, altered, destroyed, etc. Merely accessed.

It's espionage. Probably made easier by a President that thought it was a good idea to cooperate with Russia on cyber-security.
edit on 19-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Indeed. Krebs getting canned couldn’t possibly have anything to do with his statements contradicting Trump’s claims of fraud and election rigging.

These cyber attacks are a serious deal, and where’s Trump? Silence, as usual.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Indeed. Krebs getting canned couldn’t possibly have anything to do with his statements contradicting Trump’s claims of fraud and election rigging.

Also of note is that Krebs wasn't the only one claiming that our elections were more secure this year than ever before.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Also of note is that Krebs wasn't the only one claiming that our elections were more secure this year than ever before.

It certainly seems to be a pattern. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Who were the others in a position to know if the national election was secure or not?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
this is weird..hopefully not a china deflection.
and hopefully it's not some boomertechs that don't know about vpns..lol
i'm probably ats-ing from Russia right now comrades.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
this is weird..hopefully not a china deflection.
and hopefully it's not some boomertechs that don't know about vpns..lol
i'm probably ats-ing from Russia right now comrades.

Like S.O.S. Mike Pompeo said. When you're on the top of the mountain, everyone wants to knock you down, unless you're using your status to improve their lifestyle. Feeding the leeches ended when Trump made "America First".

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There's something fishy going on.

What is fishy?

I'll explain - Every time there is a hack or Russian allegations, or Chinese allegations - They announce it on the news all over the world, like shouting from the mountain tops. The secretary of defense or CIA chief again has press conferences or whatever shouting from the mountain tops. I'm telling you something is up and it's all part of the narrative they are trying to portray.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yesterday evening on the Mark Levin show (FoxNews), Secretary of State Mike Pompeo revealed that Russia is behind the ongoing attacks-hacks, and they are global in scope.

Says this before an investigation and without evidence. Sounds like deepstate narrative to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Who were the others in a position to know if the national election was secure or not?

JOINT STATEMENT FROM ELECTIONS INFRASTRUCTURE GOVERNMENT COORDINATING COUNCIL & THE ELECTION INFRASTRUCTURE SECTOR COORDINATING EXECUTIVE COMMITTEES

WASHINGTON – The members of Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council (GCC) Executive Committee – Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Assistant Director Bob Kolasky, U.S. Election Assistance Commission Chair Benjamin Hovland, National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) President Maggie Toulouse Oliver, National Association of State Election Directors (NASED) President Lori Augino, and Escambia County (Florida) Supervisor of Elections David Stafford – and the members of the Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Council (SCC) – Chair Brian Hancock (Unisyn Voting Solutions), Vice Chair Sam Derheimer (Hart InterCivic), Chris Wlaschin (Election Systems & Software), Ericka Haas (Electronic Registration Information Center), and Maria Bianchi (Democracy Works) - released the following statement:

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result.

“When states have close elections, many will recount ballots. All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot if necessary. This is an added benefit for security and resilience. This process allows for the identification and correction of any mistakes or errors. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.

“Other security measures like pre-election testing, state certification of voting equipment, and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s (EAC) certification of voting equipment help to build additional confidence in the voting systems used in 2020.

“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too. When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”

edit on 19-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Did you bother to read your own source? Look at some of the members of CISA. No conflict of interest there, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Did you bother to read your own source? Look at some of the members of CISA. No conflict of interest there, right?

DId I bother to read my own source for answering another member? In fact I did.

The question from that member was whether Krebs was the only one who would have knowledge, He wasn't.

Conflicts of interest are a different question. LIke those whose candidate lost who compromise their judgement to only see evidence that they won, for example, just off the top of my head.

I hope that helps.
edit on 19-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

LIke those whose candidate lost who compromise their judgement to only see evidence that they won, for example, just off the top of my head.

Don't be too hard on the Dems and the MSM. The system always works when it's in their favor.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

LIke those whose candidate lost who compromise their judgement to only see evidence that they won, for example, just off the top of my head.

Don't be too hard on the Dems and the MSM. The system always works when it's in their favor.

The system is working so far, thank goodness. The elections were certified by the States, the Electoral College met and elected a President. Still working despite the attempts of many to subvert our processes and deny the Constituion and the rule of law.

I'm not sure I agree that Dems and MSM get preferential treatment in this however, to me it seems like our Republic withstood a major assault on our principles ... thus far anyway.

Anyway, do you understand my answer regarding Krebs now? Great.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well Golly, if Lyin' Mike Pompeo says it, it simply must be true.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

edit on 19-12-2020 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Saturday, December 19, 2020

This past week, the U.S. government revealed that a massive, ongoing cyber-attack is occurring against departments of the United States Government, and the nation's largest corporations.

You know what's sad about this? We have the people with the abilities to prevent this from happening and we do nothing to stop it.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too. When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”

This right here gives me all the trust that i ever needed that GOVERNMENT is our
Savior. NOT
What a pile of BS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join