It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meatheads product review

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So it was my birthday recently, and as the known chess player in my family, I received the 2020 Battle for the White House Chess Set.

And I have to tell you I am unimpressed.
The pieces are not pewter they are molded plastic with cheap decal's glued on.

The board it originally came with was a fold up piece of cardboard. So my gift giver upgraded the package to the wooden board..(They sent both)

The wooden board would be a disgrace to any craftsmen.. If there is a wood cheaper and lighter than balsa, this company managed to find it..

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was laminated bamboo..

The set has two Joe Bidens, as when they minted it no one thought the daft basterd would even run, let alone be a candidate, so they used his persona for another one of the previous vice presidents as well.

After I got the set I had to order the democratic nominees kamala and Joe to replace the placeholder podiums that came with the original. It took an entire month and they sent three orders, I sent the two extra orders or four extra pieces back..

Now please don't get me wrong.. it's always always and forever the thought that counts..

I have nothing but appreciation for the thought and the gift..

But as a product I give it a resounding one of five heads of meat.

Also.. relax..

This is in jokes because I'm not actually mad my novelty chess set was cheaply made. I just thought the entire debacle was representative of the entire year and election as a whole.

Respectfully,
~meathead

Ps.
Our very own Victorvondoom,is one badass chess player.. who humbled me in multiple pm games..

VVD

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I saw a whole end cap of those chess sets at an Ollie's Bargen Outlet a few weeks ago. It seems they did not sell very well before they ended up at a bargen store. I think they were less than ten dollars each.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Let me guess...made in CHYNA.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Good guess!

Yes I'm pretty sure there's toxic lead in it as well...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So...somebody found a way to screw up the best game ever.
It can only go up from here.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
but wait!!!!!

there's more !!!!

now how much would you pay?!!!

new topics

top topics

join