It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Who Voted for Trump's $1.5 Trillion Tax Cut for the Rich Blocks $1,200 Stimulus Checks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You people who had your tax withholdings reduced ... don't forget you're gonna haf'ta pay ... when the guy you elected gets inaugurated.

That would have happened either way.

I don't think many in the private sector were dumb enough to fall for Trump's little trick though.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes. Pay every Citizen $5000 so Congress doesn't have to do this again 😎

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

originally posted by: rickymouse
If they tax the rich they raise prices and the consumer pays for the loss. No ifs ands or butts about that. Or they may just pack up and leave the country dragging their billions with them which is what I would do if I was rich and Biden's gang was out to take away my stuff. Democrats have this thing about going retroactive too, they want to back tax. I have seen that happen with things they passed in the past, usually only one year back or so maximum so far.

I can't believe that people are so blind they cannot see that the consumer always pays, and since the products imported are being imported by the rich, they will just raise prices on all the products to the retailers and wholesalers. They all add a percentage on and prices do go up way more.

Trickle down economics is real and anyone who says it isn't is an idiot or is paid to gather evidence that is not real. The consumer always pays for everything, every tax every worker pays while working on sales or delivery is part of the cost of the product.

I appreciate your groveling and subservience to the whims of the oligarchs. It’s weak government policy that allows them to have the freedom to exploit as much as they want, dodge paying the social costs of their market model, and leave if they aren’t kowtowed and placated. These freedoms of theirs could all be taken away with laws. But so long as you protect their right to unconstrained graft and profit, they will continue in their pattern of price fixing and wage fixing. The very policies you support are the ones which make this path unsustainable, and destroy the American social mobility.

Well. I owned a construction business for many years. All the taxes I paid were passed on to the customers. All the permit costs were included in my fees, all the extra cost for OSHA were reflected in my bills. All insurance costs were part of the bill, I passed every single bit of what I had to pay out to the people I worked for. That is the way any successful businessman does things. The people I know that have or had small businesses over the years all did the same thing or their business flopped. I do know many people who started a business and it failed too...some started another and succeeded, others just went back to working for someone else.

If they would have raised my taxes I would just raise my rates just like every other business does. I was never very big, and I did not get rich by any means off my business, I made a living and that was about it. I could have gotten a job at the mine and made more money, but it would have bored me after a while because I could not learn new things.

If you stick a tax on a big corporation selling fuel, they just raise the price of the fuel. It is no different than adding a tax at the pump, the consumer pays the bill.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How about 25 grand?

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I was never very big, and I did not get rich by any means off my business, I made a living and that was about it.

Then you weren't doing it right.

My brother got quite wealthy with his small company. Bought a nice sailboat in which he spent a few months tooling around Tahiti after he retired (and left me looking for work). I was the estimator and bookkeeper for the company. That's how small it was.

Made it through a couple of downturns, including 2008.

edit on 12/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I was never very big, and I did not get rich by any means off my business, I made a living and that was about it.

Then you weren't doing it right.

My brother got quite wealthy with his small company. Bought a nice sailboat in which he spent a few months tooling around Tahiti after he retired (and left me looking for work). I was the estimator and bookkeeper for the company. That's how small it was.

Made it through a couple of downturns, including 2008.

I didn't make a hundred grand a year like my brother did working at the mine in the beginning of this century, but I did well enough. I turned down more work than I did, but I liked to do work instead of just being a salesman or business owner, I liked to be on the roofs roofing and on the job with the workers working my tail off. After the guys went home for the day, I did the bookwork and payroll and billed and estimated the jobs. By doing that I could give higher quality work to my customers who were not by any means rich, in fact, I turned down most of the work for rich people who wanted really fancy stuff. The most expensive house I built was only worth about three hundred grand, But it only cost the guy about one eighty to build, it was a friend of mine and he liked good quality and had the money to pay for good materials.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The costs trickle down to the poor schlub workers and consumers.

The benefits, not so much.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Well ya. Government and Governing is not about managing money or any of that.

Money is an abstract construct created to keep economies going. You cant take the paper and switch it to trading via any freaking thing else you so choose, because its all just a placeholder for goods and services, and societies and economies still will run.

So yes they can literally print more money and things will still run.

Because its an abstract construct, ie make-believe. And in fact thats what they have been doing for years now. Since nobody seems to have an answer to the whole thing. The answer always is throw more money at it, and then print more. And with the upcoming upgrade or so.

Well more of the same only we wont be wasting so much paper as most things will be more digitized.

But ya, Government and Governing is about managing human nature, and nature in general. And what has the past years with all this politics been but an constant example of that? Human nature at its finest. The deficit is not there because there is no money, its there because human nature by and large is just greed.

What your witnessing is the greed of team one vs the greed of team two. Now who will win and who will lose. Its quite a show. Even though many are invested in keeping the show running. In the end its all a show.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Well ya no corporation or business ever really pays taxes. They just pass the buck on to the consumer and add it to there expense list. There has never been a business especially big business or corporation that has ever paid taxes, because they just pass the hikes unto the consumer.

And then the consumer gets taxed on the taxes that they get passed on. And then they get to pay for there billion dollar bailouts as well with more taxes.

And well? Taxes are just there to...Well who knows why there there. But their there.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I WANT MY BIDEN BUCKS!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
If this hurts people that voted for Joe Biden, then I support it 1000 percent.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

Well ya no corporation or business ever really pays taxes. They just pass the buck on to the consumer and add it to there expense list. There has never been a business especially big business or corporation that has ever paid taxes, because they just pass the hikes unto the consumer.

And then the consumer gets taxed on the taxes that they get passed on. And then they get to pay for there billion dollar bailouts as well with more taxes.

And well? Taxes are just there to...Well who knows why there there. But their there.

The consumer pays the taxes that any business has to pay. No if ands or buts about it. The thing is that the corporations can show no tax gain because all the execs of the businesses take out the profit and they need to be taxed on what they take out. They shelter the income from the corporation from taxation by using stock options and have the corporation cover their expensive golf club memberships and high priced meals in restaurants. I never claimed meals at all unless I took the crew out to lunch and paid for it when working, but I did claim two hotel stays of a day and one flight for special training. I did depreciate my vehicles the business used, at eighty percent which also carried through to fuel and maintenance. I could not claim all of the gas, my accountant took care of adjusting truck and car expenses to the percentage of use. I had two work trucks and two other vehicles, sometimes three, on our personal policy, so eighty percent business on the truck was realistic. If I went to the lumber yard for job materials, I also got supplies for home on my personal charge account at the same time or vice versa. That amount of personal use was proper.

I did not claim my home phone but did claim the cell phones, and I did not take a percentage off of those, I rarely used that phone for personal use. At forty cents a minute back then, you only used the phone for important things, the first minute was free so I did call home and quickly ask the wife if she needed things from the store...she used to say Awww....let me think and I hung up. I would call back in a couple of minutes and she rattled off what we needed, no charge on the bill for the first minute...saved money that way. I was one of the very few around here with car phones, everyone thought I was nuts for spending over a hundred bucks a month for a phone back in the eighties. It did save a lot of money though, I could call and order supplies from the jobsite and have the lumber yard put the order together and go pick it up in a few minutes instead of thirty, which meant I did not have to pay my own worker to go collect the materials, plus they delivered for free if you were a contractor.

Now I got off topic. but I want to point out with this that some business writeoffs actually are legit while the write offs to execs of the businesses are not legit and the execs running the business benefit way more than stockholders do.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well business and politics. Are not complicated things.

But in the end, this whole civilization is more or less just a waste of time and energy. Its all just like a dog chasing its own tail. Humorous for a bit. But not much else beyond that.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Dust in the wind.
All we are is dust in the wind.

I never did like that song much. And it was way overplayed.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well there Phage guy, if you believe in the science and especially the material sciences. Then yes all we are is just dust in the wind. Cosmic dust that coalesced to be precise.

And well, like everybody and everything else. Wait around a bit, and that becomes the one and only truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

The house is loosely following the resolution 110 from 2017.
The return of the Federal reserve surplus to the general fund along with the reduction of the direct stimulus to just $600 is being seen as a US austerity measure by the rest of the global financial world.

www.congress.gov...

House isn't linking details of the current version?
live.house.gov...

edit on 21-12-2020 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I hope republicans obstruct as much as possible

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I WANT MY BIDEN BUCKS!!!!!

Let's see if Biden tries to insist the checks go out with his signature like Trump.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sprockets2000
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I hope republicans obstruct as much as possible

Why?

What possible good could that bring?

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

I see it as $1800.00 dollars for ten months of our lives on hold.

$180.00 dollars a month. That does not even cover my utility bills. $45.00 a week to survive off.

I think that is what they all should be paid from now on. Proactive from March 15th.

And if this is not enough reason to vote every single one of them out of office that has held any government position for more than 45 days, then I guess we have accepted that we are dogs eating scraps from the table of our masters.

There are those calling for a March, for a united push against the government. If you have the time, the money, the heart, to fight, then you should be fighting for something that will really make a difference.

If we really want to drain the swamp, we don't need any one to do that for us. We don't have to fall for empty promises from elected officials that answer to the powerful and the wealthy.

If we want the job done, we can do it ourselves. We voted them in, we can vote then out.

We have the time with so many people out of work, we can see how many we can recall. If we are only successful in recalling one percent, that will at least be a one percent number in our favor.

- Rant over.
edit on 21-12-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Autocorrect strikes again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join