It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Who Voted for Trump's $1.5 Trillion Tax Cut for the Rich Blocks $1,200 Stimulus Checks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Not even remotely surprising anymore.

Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, who voted for President Donald Trump's deficit-exploding tax cuts for the rich in 2017, blocked fellow Republican Sen. Josh Hawley's attempt Friday to pass legislation that would provide $1,200 direct payments to U.S. adults and $500 to children amid a devastating pandemic and ongoing economic collapse.

When Hawley of Missouri requested unanimous consent to pass the direct payments bill—which he introduced last week with Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)—Johnson objected, delivering a rambling speech complaining about the rising deficit.

Source

We're suddenly concerned with deficits now when it comes to Americans in need? But had no hesitation voting in that mega tax cut that in partcontributed to the $3.1 trillion record deficit we reached a month ago? Not a peep from Rep Johnson? Meanwhile, we have people lining up at food banks, charities unable to keep up, with Christmas and winter upon us? And regardless of whether you believe that the Pandemic lockdowns are the cause, people are suffering. Putting aside the blame game, fellow Americans are in NEED. Yet it's a NO from the pro-life party? How many single parents and kids are suffering?

Does Johnson want to take credit for his support of major tax cuts?

A huge study of 50 years of tax cuts for the wealthy suggests 'trickle-down' economics makes inequality worse

You know what, maybe Americans don't need financial help? Maybe they can just live on anecdotal testimonies and ideological tripe for the rest of the holidays like some of us here?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Were not the tax cuts for everyone? Because even Pelosi said it was just crumbs, but acknowledged it was a tax cut.

I mean if all you get is a W-9 as an independent contractor, then the taxes are on you and were not withheld throughout the year so you wouldn’t notice a slightly larger paycheck from not paying as many taxes.

edit on 18-12-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Here's wacky idea, stop the lock-downs and government doesn't have to argue about how much of a pittance they give us.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Not suprising. The mega-corporations win again. And people won't get angry because their sell-out media tells them that it will trickle down to them.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"You know what, maybe Americans don't need financial help?"

Lol

Nancy didn't think so a couple months back.

Open up the economy and we won't need anything from the Nanny State.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A pittance for sure. The last I heard they were talking about six hundred dollars.

That is barely a month of groceries for the average family of four.

Why even bother with the ruse?

edit on 18-12-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

A pittance for sure. The last I heard they were talking about six hundred dollars.

There are people out of woirk for months, months behind on rent, untilities, bills.

And the government big plan is to give everyone 600.00 dollars.

This is what I warned about and this is why I tell government to suck my ass.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Tax cuts for the rich? I got one, and I'm not rich. I know. Half the people pay no taxes at all. Everyone else is therefore rich.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well the democrats were certainly not going to talk fiscal sense in the pandemic and if the Republicans dared to not support relief it they would have been slaughtered with headlines.

Now the shoe is going on the other foot.. the democrats stalled relief for months playing politics, the repubs have more than enough grace period to stall for fiscal sense..

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Complains about the tax cut but wants the stimulus? Lmao, they both equal about the same except the tax cut continues year after year.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Who was playing with covid relief bills right before this? We could’ve already passed a bill but some have become so brazen that they no longer care about the optics of their shady as sh!* dealings. They were playing games with the American people in hopes that Trump would not get credit for another round of checks before Election Day. If they suffered I suppose it’s just collateral damage for the greater good. Pelosi is so benevolent and magnanimous that she will now accept a much smaller stimulus package simply because Biden was elected.

news.yahoo.com...

I believe they are all playing games at this point. But at least call out the trash on both sides of the proverbial aisle.

edit on 12/18/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I remember they said the checks will be of 600 bucks only.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

LOL, massive fail.

Two months ago DT Nancy refused to negotiate.

You're getting the responses you deserve. I'm glad nobody forgot.

Did you?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That made my blood boil. It’s bad enough that they think $1,200 is enough when some people have monthly rent higher than that. The whole stimulus package BS is exactly that, BS. If the gov is going to take away people’s means of survival then they better pony-up and pay them, otherwise, open things back up.

Time to defund the government with our tax money that supports their paychecks and lavish lifestyles. Of course they just voted to keep their paychecks coming in. Arghhhhh!

Hell, Cuomo is getting a raise this year. WTAF?

edit on 18-12-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

LOL, massive fail.

Two months ago DT Nancy refused to negotiate.

You're getting the responses you deserve. I'm glad nobody forgot.

Did you?

Lol

Why do you think they always post and runaway?

She will be back with another gem.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Gooo way....

...baitin

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

This is one thing I agree with you on but it’s a bipartisan derelict of duty not just one party.

Pelosi was offered a half a trillion more than what she is now willing to settle for, for the sole reason that it would’ve given Trump a notch in his belt. That’s just beyond eff’d up to allow people to continue to suffer needlessly in order for her to continue playing her political games.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yea, some people have issues remembering certain inconvenient truths.

Just leaving this out there.......

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sounds great.

Still waiting for my check from the first round.

When will you fake outrage for my well being?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join