It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unpopular opinion: the left and right are garbage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

It's not an unpopular opinion to my mind; it's based on clear facts. There are more Americans who think of themselves as Independent or moderate than either of the two parties. Most Americans don't vote because they're more interested in taking care of their families and making a living than participating in the corporate media dog-and-pony show that backs up the ridiculous extremism of the two "sides."

I understand most of my politics are measured by the Constitution. To me, COTUS is quite clear that the only legitimate uses of governmental power are to preserve our natural rights, to keep the peace domestically, and to protect our borders and interests from foreign agressors. If the Federal Government were reduced to Constitutional levels (even updated for modern times) we wouldn't have to worry about being fiscally conservative ... because the government would be probably less than 20% of it's current size and cost.

To me, it's simple. The government exists to stay out of our business and to keep us out of each other's business.

edit on 18-12-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

If the gulf continues to widen doesn't it make a 3rd party more likely?

Unless you consider "Independant" as a party, I don't really think so. The prime candidate for a third party now would be Libertarian. I don't see them becoming influential, ever.

Though I am a registered Libertarian I have never voted for a Libertarian presidential candidate and "Independant" is not a party.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
To me, it's simple. The government exists to stay out of our business and to keep us out of each other's business.

I've started to believe that the government you describe is impossible and impractical. My plan has become one of preservation in spite of the law. From my observations the government is literally trying to keep us powerless. Making self-sufficientcy illegal, lockdowns, is only the first step.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I've started to believe that the government you describe is impossible and impractical. My plan has become one of preservation in spite of the law. From my observations the government is literally trying to keep us powerless. Making self-sufficientcy illegal, lockdowns, is only the first step.

I agree. I do sometimes spout idealisitic nonsense. I try to stay off the governments radar and limit my exposure to corporate media programming.

I don't disagree that we're being conditioned.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If the gulf continues to widen doesn't it make a 3rd party more likely?

Unless you consider "Independant" as a party, I don't really think so. The prime candidate for a third party now would be Libertarian. I don't see them becoming influential, ever.

Though I am a registered Libertarian I have never voted for a Libertarian presidential candidate and "Independant" is not a party.

That's why I specifically excluded a shi!!y existing party. Libertarian is now a joke like other third party options that have nominated incompatible candidates based entirely on name recognition or reputation. In 2016 the libertarian candidate was further left than Clinton by a mile.

Third party groups have squandered their leverage for years. The Green party did it too. Celebrities haven't won any elections for 3rd parties.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Liberals think everybody is essentially good, and can be solid, productive citizens if they're given equal opportunity, so they want to run the government to get the money to create job and education programs because by gosh those poor people need our help but they're just too uneducated to realize it.

Conservatives think people are inherently bad, and best way to make them solid, productive citizens is the have clear laws with harsh punishments that will keep people in line, because by gosh those people are so evil and conniving that they need our help so we need to control all the government money and build more security and prisons.

Both sides truly believe that they are smarter and more important than the people they're supposedly trying to "help," or "control." So they can pretty much both buzz off. They don't know how to deal with people as individuals, just groups of people to exploit.

edit on 18-12-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I agree. I do sometimes spout idealisitic nonsense. I try to stay off the governments radar and limit my exposure to corporate media programming.

I don't disagree that we're being conditioned.

Heh, there's so many directions to go with this and so many selective quotes I could use. I'm not going to do that and instead I'm going to piss people off.

I think you've kinda returned after Trump losing to dunk on supporters, but I can't really hold it against you after suffering some abuse from those "patriots" myself. It's become a bit like a food fight. The smart people can ignore the mash on their shirt, but many are going all in and taking things personally.

I've been disagreeing with you for years. I have a weird affection for people that disagree with me. Not the dimwits, but those with real opinions. I've always considered you, many others I disagree as well, very intelligent. Much of your recent activity on the election has been trollish and I diregard it.

I hope, very much, that a party will emerge soon that will unite smart and reasonable people like us. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm reaching a hand across the isle just in case.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

From your op I gather you were slightly off centre towards the right. The left were invited to the party but decided to steal the cutlery, piss in the punch bowl and started vomiting on other guests. According to you that caused the right to become less inclusive by standing in a corner and only associating with the more reserved people at the party. You then decided that anything goes, grabbed a chair as a weapon and decided to call it a food fight.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

We all have failings and fall short of the glory I'd wager. As you point out, it's very possible to disagree on just about everything without rancor ... and certainly without petty spleen.

I'm not even looking for a third or fourth party to form myself anymore. I'm even sillier. I want to see people thinking for themselves, not needing to find a tribe to belong to or serve or satisfy, dealing rationally with facts when possible while still retaining their passion ...

and f-ing realizing we are in this together.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I think the idea of having a third party in politics or anything is a concept that the average human mind can not comprehend. It's quite literally would be like asking them about the tooth fairy.

Lets be realistic here, in football there are only two teams on the field. If there were a third? Well, the collective human mind and system just can not handle or grasp of such a thing. There brains would explode at the mere mention of such a thing.

It would be like asking a hamster to do some adding and subtracting. Math, a concept that a hamster just cant comprehend. Realistically this is as good as it gets, or will ever get. Have you heard of the concept of a stupid super computer?

Its a fairly easy thing to grasp. It works like this. Lets say you want to create a super massive world net AI computer. So you link together all the computers in existence to make some sort of super computer and AI. That AI would only be as smart as the total some of its parts.

Or it would only be as smart as its most common denominator. And if the most common denominator is that the sum of all its parts are stupid? Well then all you have done and created when linking all of them together is not create some sort of super intelligence.

All you would have succeed in doing is creating a sort of giant all encompassing all powerful, idiot box. After all we are all just the sum of our parts. What applies to machine also applies to humankind. A hundred billion minds coming together will in the end just end up being the total sum of its parts.

And all that politics and government all throughout the ages. It has been nothing if not proof of that fact. That a million idiots linked together do not create create by magic some sort of super intelligence, it just creates a super idiot. A collective of idiocy. An all powerful all knowing stupid machine.

Politics and the world stage is like that. Merely the total sum of its parts.
And what is the most common denominator in both human thought and human nature? Drum roll please! Dum da da dum....

Well now you know what your facing. The total sum of human stupidity, greed, selfishness, and all the rest. Take your pick. Its what in reality is what your working with. Everything else is merely window draping to hide the facts and cracking plaster behind the walls, to hide the fact that the house is falling apart.

Red vs Blue, Left vs Right...All just there to hide the fact that, you all cant really do much beyond those facts. But play pretend and hope things move on.

And I guess we shall see.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There are other organizational methods that ordinary humans can understand and utilize other than a oppositional binary.

There are multiple examples of coalition governments for example, where two or more factions come together to lead and there are systems where even opposing factions can agree to cooperate in certain mutually beneficial ways. Several different sections of a corporation can work toward similar goals while still competing for resources, budget, etc. Many different merchants can compete with each other for customers while working together to create a viaable marketplace.

I don't think OP is referring to competition though ... they are referring to the current absolute identification with opposing teams/factions/viewpoints/ideologies that allows for zero comprimise and brings any cooperative or beneficial action to a standstill. All or nothing. Divide and conquer. I would add this is how the few control the many.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

The "left" and the "right" were constructed to keep us divided.
Anyone who worships their own respective cult is part of perpetuating that divide.

There is a reason the DNC and RNC run the gauntlet and no one else gets through.

It's about time Americans admit it and do something about it.
(while collectively turning off social media)

This is what bothers me....it's like no one sees the truth. Many people point it out and it is painfully obvious through this whole pandemic. But the majority of people are listening to the media (which have blatantly stated that they are manipulating the news you see) and just saying "oh, ok. That must be the truth." Does no one actually look with their own eyes or use common sense anymore?

1. 2 weeks to slow it down = 9 months later

2. Don't need to wear masks = wearing masks for 9 months. Fauci did say that he stated the general public didn't need to wear PPE because there wasn't enough to go around. Think about that...he lied about wearing PPE right from the beginning. He, according to the guidelines now enforced, decided that your life wasn't as important as the ruling classes and health workers lives. He admits it in court. Then we are trusting him to tell us the truth/trust him with our health decisions from that point on. Even though he showed that he didn't really care about the general population enough to give them the honest facts when he should have. Absolutely ridiculous.

3. The cases of Covid increasing during the flu season = the cases of flu decreasing during the flu season. They are saying the decrease is due to PPE. I don't think so scooter...

4. It takes years to develop a safe vaccine = we can do it in 9 months. So, either they were lying to us before with all the other vaccines or they are lying to us now. It can't be both. There are no exceptions to the protocols put in place to ensure that vaccines are safe for human use. It either means they cut corners for this one or they didn't care enough to develop life saving vaccines in a timely fashion with previous ones. One way or another...it is a lie.

5. The opening and closing of the country and rise/fall in covid cases = has a direct correlation to political ups and downs. If I had the time to chart it out I'd do it...but I don't. It'd be interesting to see if that was the case. I'm betting it is.

I bet everyone could name something they read/heard/witnessed which directly challenges the honesty/integrity of the political parties/news medias and government agencies currently making decisions for the people of this world.

Yet, no one does. We just except what is given to us as fact, quote some media outlet and that is the gospel. Makes no sense..

Anyhow, nice to see there are still at least a few that question.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think your overcomplicating things. This is as good as it gets, it aint getting any better, so don't bother disband the whole thing and let people do other stuff.

As for your examples of corroboration. Ya it happens. As long as all parties come away with something. In which case, its not a case of any real matter, its a matter of play. Opposition binary is not a position taken unless there are real faults. In which case, once the wind blows, the whole thing falls apart.

Why? You ask? The answer is why not? What else is it supposed to do besides fall apart? In case of politics well everybody got a plan and budget. But only till next spring, if your lucky and they thought that far ahead. Your dealing with children who want it there way.

Which is not a problem. Just as long as they understand its all merely all just an opinion. You have massive amounts of people who are not aware, that all day, and all there lifes, all that they have ever had, or learned, are merely opinions. And fake silly ones at that.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Um I think the fact that the MSM and the TV and tubes. Well, who is surprised about any of it. Considering that for the past years at the least. Everything that people have been feed over the newsfeeds.

Has been complete and utter horse#z.

I mean, even a few years ago before trump we had the wars in the middle east about freedom and ISIS or whatever. Which offcourse were bull#, they were about 17trillion dollars worth in lithium they found in Iraq and oil and arms sales the slave trade, you name it, rare earth metals, etc, etc, even the whole blowing towns up and building them back was a big money maker.

Go back even farther and you will see that quite literally for hundreds of years. It has all been lies and horse#z.

So, if somebody has lied to you for years and years and all that they have done is continue to lie about every single little thing. Are you now surprised that the current crap coming out there mouths are nothing but lies?

What do people and pigs have in common? There both kept in the dark and feed a steady stream of s h i t. At this point would most people even know or understand the truth even if it was right in there face?

So ya! Covid 19...Wear your mask or the covid will get ya.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I think the idea of having a third party in politics or anything is a concept that the average human mind can not comprehend. It's quite literally would be like asking them about the tooth fairy.

Lets be realistic here...

Indeed. How does the rest of the developed world manage?

The solid two-party monopoly of US politics is the anomaly, not third parties.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Well going by that, I would say very poorly I would imagine, if they had any actual issues. Think the UK got shut down again because covid and they cant have a Christmas. But not from there, cant say, but cant really thing that they have any real issues other then crumpets and football hooligans.

Also context. My response wasn't to point out that two party or third party systems are impossible. Its to point out like you said. Its all a monopoly, and has been for along time, so much so that for the majority, including you, it may just be impossible to imagine anything else but what is shown to you.

The US is for the most part is a corpocracy and has been for a long time, longer then most people alive today. What would they know but pepsi and cola, and the things that they have been lead to believe and the things instilled in them. And for the rest of the world? There just playing catch up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join