It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Conclusions Regarding UFOs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well I'm quite frankly thinking of Trump and people like him.

So many words out of his mouth are insane lies,

and he gets a lot of people to believe his absurdities.

It doesn't have to be religion.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I've had a number of observations that took me a while to figure out, but I did.

I've had one that still doesn't make much sense to me but it was totally not spectacular. A strobe, stationary, about a 15 second cycle, 3 or 4 cycles, directly overhead (I was lying in the grass at the time).

I wish I had even one...So years ago I took my two boys to ECETI ranch about 50 miles from me and camped out one starry night watching the sky and MT Adams a super UFO hotspot... just laying on the ground for hours watching the sky throughout the night. The boys went to sleep after a while but I just enjoyed the night drinking bourdon. I saw a bunch of satellites and shooting stars...nothing more while all these other people are yelling UFO on everyone of them. lol

edit on 20-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I had fun before all the Iridium satellites fell down, the ones with the big panels that is.

"Hey, watch this!"
*magical hand motion*
Light appears in the sky!

After consulting HeavensAbove.com. Totally Connecticut Yankee stuff, and it works.

edit on 12/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Retirement plans now?

I can't. Ever. Huge mortgage and I really like my house.

Don't particularly enjoy travel but puttering sounds nice. I enjoyed working from home.

I worked in the NW for the last 12 years since my military retirement. I don't really like it very much.. I grew up in AZ and lived more in dry warmer parts than cold wet. I will most likely sell my house and move to Texas were I spent 5 years before. I will be able to buy a house outright with the price differences between the NW and TX, so not having a mortgage is HUGE, as mine right now equals one of my take-home two weeks pay. The other two weeks would be a mix of SS and reduction in cost foot print as my two boys right now are super expensive and when that part is over I'll have more money not working with no mortgage and no kids in the house than working my ass off now...lol Its not how much you make...its how much you spend...

I have lived all over the world, so going to some place and renting a one bedroom appt with the wife and me for 4 or 6 months sound fun as hell. You would be surprise how cheap that could be.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly. Trump is a Q freak, and that's just a minor part of his insanity and narcissism.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Cheaper than where I live, no doubt. But my roots are pretty deep here.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My wife and I have looked at Panama, but she's 9 years younger than me,
and loves her local job for the county. By the time I get to retire, due to
her being ready to retire, I may well be dead. Retirement probably isn't
in the cards for me, even though I own my home outright, etc. She will
bet set up pretty well, and I love her dearly, so that is my only consolation.

edit on 20-12-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

The main problem with religion, is that it decouples people so completely from 'physical reality'
thus making the abuses more easily accomplished.

We are already decoupled from the physical reality by about 95% with or without religion, and that is my point. Religion makes no difference.

And once again...I don't think you would like what man would become without it...

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't think you would like what man would become without it...

Indeed. "You better watch out, you better not shout", has always been an effective means of getting people to not behave antisocially. Until they do.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They would certainly be very boring.

I'm not disputing that our genetic weakness towards fantasy is also a genetic strength.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"Hey, watch this!"
*magical hand motion*
Light appears in the sky!

After consulting HeavensAbove.com. Totally Connecticut Yankee stuff, and it works.

The space station is somewhat common in my area and that freaks people out too.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

My wife and I have looked at Panama, but she's 9 years younger than me,
and loves her local job for the county. By the time I get to retire, due to
her being ready to retire, I may well be dead. Retirement probably isn't
in the cards for me, even though I own my home outright, etc. She will
bet set up pretty well, and I love her dearly, so that is my only consolation.

My wife is 9 years younger than me too, but been a mom for the last 22 years, so when I'm done we both are done. Panama is nice, but hot as hell and after we gave back the canal it has lost a good deal of income and so is now a very economically depressed society which doesn't always mean cheap too. I think Belize or Costa Rica would be better... not so hot and better economics, closer to the states. Parts of EU is not bad either...I have a friend that told me that you can buy a house in Greece and other places for like 40k...

But I think we are more interested in not moving but traveling for long durations such as renting a place for 6 months maybe longer while having a home still in the states. I actually have a place in the PI too, but I don't plan on going there anytime soon. Many places around the world you can rent a nice place for 400 or less a month... as example. In my area a crappy appt is over 1000 a month...

[

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Indeed. "You better watch out, you better not shout", has always been an effective means of getting people to not behave antisocially. Until they do.

What do you think? Do you think we be a nicer society? lol

How about Pol Pot? A few million murdered in a few years... outlawed religion and such... Within a short period of time he had children torturing people to death in the schools they once were learning in. Stopped using bullets as he said they cost too much...Go visit the Killing Fields and see what man can become in an instant...

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

We were looking at Boquete Panama, which is cool, as it's higher in the mountains, yet has all necessary amenities easily available.

But Panama seems to be getting gentrified, and increasingly expensive, in the best spots anyway.

I'm not a traveler myself. When I was in the Navy, I got it all out of my system, for a lifetime.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

They would certainly be very boring.

I'm not disputing that our genetic weakness towards fantasy is also a genetic strength.

What would be boring? We thrive in the abstract world, relish it, love it, want it....Every book and concept has come from it, everything we have ever created, or dreamed about has come from it. If we didn't have it we be monkeys flinging poo at each other.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm not a traveler myself. When I was in the Navy, I got it all out of my system, for a lifetime.

I went to high school in Paris, and lived in Germany, Japan, Korea, PI while I was in the service while being aircrew on heavy transports, so for like 20 years I could find myself in Germany one week, Japan the next and then Australia the third week. Even use to stage out of Christchurch flying to Antarctica for months at a time.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

A few million murdered in a few years... outlawed religion and such... Within a short period of time he had children torturing people to death in the schools they once were learning in.

So, because he outlawed religion and stuff and had people killed, religion is good?

I don't follow.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

don't argue with me when I'm 100% agreeing with you please.

I 100% concur, did with every single post, that we cannot separate religion
from fantasy from genius.

For Pete's sake (who is Pete?) I have an entire post on this topic from last week.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I've said this before, but I should repeat it. When I came to ATS, I had been researching the biological basis of 'spirituality' for a long time. I had hung out in 'spiritual circles' for most of my life, and I was disgusted by the complete lack of intelligent discourse.

So I came to ATS and browsed various forums; I found nothing in any of the metaphysics/spirituality/religion forums of even the tiniest interest to me.. the same old BS.

Now the post "The Language of Vampyr" was simply amazing.. it even introduced me to a rare tribe of Chinese gypsies that claimed to have psychic powers, and who I freaked out massively by giving them detailed information about themselves that I could not possibly know.. that was quite an event.. it's too bad I have had no further contact with those fascinating individuals.. but I digress.

The reason that the UFO forum captured my interest, was because it appeared that at least occasionally, there was purportedly physical trace evidence, and because some people believed that UFOs were 'demons'. Well I had studied 'demons' here and there over the years... while completely wrong, (the outgoing religions 'holy figures' are always claimed to be 'demons' by the newer religion), the concept that something possibly 'ethereal' might be misinterpreted as nuts and bolts 'UFOs' did quite fascinate me.

In the beginning I was 99% misinformed on Ufology, especially the role of the USG and it's massive mind games.

This is why MirageMan has been a hero of mine from the very beginning, and I can't thank him enough.

I learned so much about deception from him! and I saw similar things happening in 'spirituality'.

Also, I was absolutely riveted by The GUT's research. If anyone on ATS deserves a standing ovation it is both MM and GUT.

The GUT's work on plasma/energy weapons/foo fighters/and the aviary to name a few was absolutely riveting and revolutionary.

I also cannot thank The GUT enough.

All of us, if we accomplish anything at all, stand on the shoulders of giants, and for me, MM and The GUT were giants.

Well, that's all for this response.. I can still go back and read anything by MM or The GUT and get value, even if it's 7 years old or older.

Kev

PS: I suppose I should mention, that I simply had to test the theory that 'UFOs' were some sort of 'energy critter' or at least 'sentient and telepathic' and thus should be summonable like in the occult.

So I did the test, and it worked.

No tiny light in the sky. A (what I called at the time) 'critter' somewhat like an angry gray dwarf entered my living room and paralyzed me for 10-15 minutes, then shortly after I was able to walk again, I went outside (in my briefs) to throw away some plastic recycling, and easily visible for several minutes, a huge Honking 'triangle shaped UFO' (at first triangular until it changed shape).

I'ts like the magician who didn't believe in 'demons', but who tried to summon one and against all possible belief it showed up and kicked his ass. That's what happened to me. Still the damndest thing.

I'd never have tried it without THE Gut's fascinating posts. Changed the course of my life.

I've been deconstructing all that for some time..

Of course Jacques Vallee showed up to investigate, and that got me introduced to both the (so-called) aviary a bit, and even a couple staff scientists with TTSA.

Here I was, a simple country shaman, and look at all that crap I got drug into!

I'm 99% retired from all fringe subjects right now, but it's still fun to read and chat a bit.

Kev
edit on 20-12-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join