It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Office Mail is slower than Molasses in January

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What timing, I literally just tried tracking it!
still not delivered

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I've been having issues with USPS lately.

Get free priority express with it, last month it went from MS to NV then to MN. Took 2 weeks, when it got here, as I picked it up, it was so damaged the box fell in half.

Now, ordered this last Saturday, same thing, and its stuck "In-transit" for almost 4 days now.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm on the second week waiting for a package, that was supposed to be here Thursday before last, I will note that USPS tracking just switched the premium tracking and I doubt their "free tracking" is accurate. If it's something I have to have I never use the USPS.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've used the USPS several times this year to ship packages, one to Australia that got there when Covid was starting to spike again in 14 days. A full week sooner than the buyer thought.

One package I sent to Ohio on the 5th is still in transit somewhere, they can't tell me where though. Ridiculous. At least tell me WHERE the package is!

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Have not been able to figure that one out.

If I send a letter to a neighbor:

1. Letter goes from my box to local office.
2. From local office to processing center an hour away.
3. From processing center back to local office.
4. From local office to neighbor's box.

Yes I understand there's a logistics infrastructure for handling mail. But there has to be a better way. At one time they would process local mail but that went away years ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Have not been able to figure that one out.

If I send a letter to a neighbor:

1. Letter goes from my box to local office.
2. From local office to processing center an hour away.
3. From processing center back to local office.
4. From local office to neighbor's box.

Yes I understand there's a logistics infrastructure for handling mail. But there has to be a better way. At one time they would process local mail but that went away years ago.

This package made it al the way to my suburban town's post office before being bounced all the way back to the departing cities post office and now it's back again in my town's post office and has been for the last 2 days, I'm doubtful it arrives today and it's likely beat all to hell. That said I have tracked packages that said they are nowhere near being delivered and they have arrived out of the ether LOL.

posted on Dec, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.cnn.com...

"The packages are up to the ceiling" in Philadelphia, local American Postal Workers Union president Nick Casselli told CNN. "I've been in postal for 35 years, I've never seen what I'm seeing."
He says there are so many new packages -- upwards to 250,000 a day at the largest processing facility -- that the USPS opened a fourth annex just to store them all. There are so many incoming packages the postal workers can't process them in time, Casselli said.

Hope everyone got their packages in time!

<< 1   >>

join