It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raised by the Wolves HBO directed by Ridley Scott

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I just binge watched season one... Brilliant Sci-fi directed by Ridley Scott and must see for those who likes Aliens and Alien Worlds. It has great screenplay and Travis Fimmel brings extra spice on this one.
Can´t wait season 2... i was hoping something like this a long time.

edit on 18-12-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So, if I already have HBO, to I have to pay extra for Max?

I do want to watch this.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

.. i watched it from regular HBO, no extra fees

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Looks awesome, thanks for the heads up!

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka
It was good-much better than most sci fi offerings these days IMO.
I said in some other thread that I hope Ridley Scott is remembered for his huge contribution to science fiction-But the way things are going It could be more likley he will be remembered as a prophet who warned us about the dangers of A.I.

My only critisim is the costumes chosen for the two robot "parents"-they looked like something from a cheapo 80s show like Dr Who.

Great story though,with hints of more to come in season 2.

Without spoiling it for anyone who hasn't seen it-I was getting strong "Engineer/space jockey"(from Alien) and H.R Giger vibes from some parts of the first season finale.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Great show. Definitely worth watching if you like sci fi.
edit on 18-12-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Android Costumes at first were a turn off but in last episode how is she going to ??? you know... Rationally thinking androids do not need clothes for keeping warm.. i kinda liked those eventually.. weird !

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Android Costumes at first were a turn off but in last episode how is she going to ??? you know... Rationally thinking androids do not need clothes for keeping warm.. i kinda liked those eventually.. weird !

I didn't mind the costumes actually. Especially considering the casting and the crazy bodies (particularly the woman) that they accentuated. I did think that they really did a good job casting the woman android. She's seriously android-looking (and not just with the power of suggestion).

And I never thought that they were clothed for warmth or that it was weird. More that if a human was going to design an android, they, as per societal standards, would put clothes on them. Just like we would put clothes on a regular human. Especially if they are going to be consorting with real humans (and in this case... raising human children).

Ps - watching the 'making of' episodes and listening to them talk about how much they sweat constantly while wearing those outfits... sounded rough. For science! I mean, for entertainment!

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Oooo...this looks good!
TY

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I really enjoyed that series. Also looking forward to season two.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Not to cause drift but what do we think is going to happen?

If the human mind programs an android, even if it is able to continue its own growth, it will only grow in the direction of the mind that programmed it.

AI will eventually be the human mind on steroids.

I see big trouble at the end of the path they are designing.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
the pirate bay full series 1

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You had me at Ridley Scott.

The last TV offering I saw of his was The Good Wife and although it was a legal drama, I was hooked. Will be great to see some of his new sci-fi.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

A mixture of 1920's art deco style inspiration for those android's and of course HR Geiger also probably inspired the still almost human species that tried to kill the android.

That cave painting the little heathen boy, sorry Roman Pagan Religion boy (Set in an imaginary universe in which Christianity never existed and since no one knows what the Mithraic's actually believed the Writer was free to plagiarise real religions for his frankly blasphemous pagan mass as well as drawing on the Eden Story) looked at in the cave is a clue, it is a cyclic event, the planet they are on is were they originally came from but they also came from earth before that so in a cycle they rise and fall as this presumably rogue AI or DEMON like alien entity that thing's it is a God controls them in a cyclic fashion, presumably this serpent the authors take on the Devil and there is another force, entity or AI that resists it perhaps even the female android that may merge with all the other female androids that came before it but I am just trying to draw a plot trajectory there and he may take it completely a different way.

Presumably the Evil Entity causes the human race to end in war, the good one keeps a few survivors and plant's knowledge or even directly interferes to bring about it's own plan to preserve the human race which was it's core founding principle and so if it began as an immortal android it may still be doing so after all this time.

Also I was intrigued as to how the Devolved but still sentient human native to the planet look's identical too but smaller than the Engineers form the Alien franchise.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, if I already have HBO, to I have to pay extra for Max?

I do want to watch this.

I got a mailer that said I could get Max for free and it was a total lie. I tried and it's a no go on my end. I pay for HBO and that's the only extra I'm doing or I'd get them all and go broke.

new topics

top topics

join