It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter ID Cards

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I live in Mexico. Every citizen has a federal issued voter ID card. Called a Credencial de Elector . They also use it as a basic proof of citizenship and ID for legal issues and citizenship, etc. It has a photo. Nobody votes without it.

In the immigration office where I processed my permanent residency, there's a big poster that warns me every time I go there that if I try to vote in a Mexican election or become involved in the political process, I will go to jail, be fined, and then be deported.

Mexicans can’t be racist

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Thank you Correcto-Tron.
I think my point is clear:
You need a permit,pass,card,
Papers, for just about anything.
Except for voting for the most powerful
seats of office in the land.

So, what exactly is your point?
To address a technicality? Well for posterity, I edited my OP to your accuracy. Thanks for the correct info.
editby]edit on 18-12-2020 by Wildmanimal because: add content

edit on 18-12-2020 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 18-12-2020 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 18-12-2020 by Wildmanimal because: Add line

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Now you have states that allow illegal aliens to obtain driver licenses.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
a reply to: incoserv

Minorities are too poor and uneducated to be able to obtain a picture id. That has been argued over and over again in courts and Judges gleefully agree with the sentiment that it suppresses the uneducated minority from voting.

If they are truly that dumb, they should not be choosing the leaders of the free world.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

How do I know you are you? You could be someone else entirely, and using their card, it looks like they are exactly who they say they are!

#TheRealDonaldTrump?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
a reply to: dug88

Well, with Voter ID,
race has no significance.
You are who you are and
that is how it should be.

Your vote counts as a Citizen.
All other details are irrelevant.
A choice of the mind, not of the body.

Merry Christmas! ,Happy Holidays!, Stay Healthy!

Sounds like you are a Trans-ist..
Omg could you imagine... If someone voted. Then"changed" and voted again bc they are now a different person?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Now the question I have is if you will need a Covid-19 Vacation card to vote going forward?

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I live in Florida. I have a voter's ID card which I have to show. They then require photo ID which has to match what is registered on file.

It took me twenty minutes longer to vote, than it did my mother, because my photo ID, my driver's license, had a name change.

Even though my State worker's ID matched, my VA ID matched, and I had my old driver's license, which I keep for such awkward moments.

They went through I don't know what on their computer, then called over two supervisors to sign off, before they allowed me to vote.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
We already have these as part of our drivers licenses. Last time I renewed mine, I had to provide six or eight forms of documents for proof that I was actually me. This is a federal program for verfying state issued IDs.

Now as to having to let them see it to vote, that is another problem entirely. It should be required in all states.

I do consider it insulting to say that someone is not able to get a proper ID because they need one for every thing listed in the OP.

Maybe your state makes you use 8 forms, but federally all that is required is a birth certificate, a social security card, and two pieces of business mail at your current address if you already have an existing ID.
I just got the federally approved ID for travel here in Arizona last month

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Can just use your Covid vaccine proof ID for voting. Should be in effect with a year.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
I have rarely had to show ID to use my credit cards.
In fact, I applied for most of them online and never had to show ID to apply or have them mailed to me

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Driver License, State I.D. is your voter i.d. in Michigan...and organ donor....both, same card

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've been REQUIRED to carry a federal govt ID card since 1971. The only thing it's done for me is give me access and privilege. The false narrative of somehow causing some kind of pain or disenfranchisement is an emotion-based opinion, not a judgement based in any courtroom provable presentation of facts or evidence.
edit on 18-12-2020 by tkwasny because: Grammar correction

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This is a federal program for verfying state issued IDs.

that's called the real ID. check your drivers licenses somewhere on it it should have a gold star. that's the feds way of getting around a national ID card, no matter if Nay Sayers say it's not.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
I'll have to remember that when I reapply for disability and renew my driver's license.

Damn racists.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
So,
you require a library card to check out a book.
You require a driver card to drive a vehicle.
You require a Student ID card for the campus.
You require a Social Security Card for ID/Benefits.
You require Credit Card to rent a car, or anything else.
You require a Credit Card for anything at all.
You require an ATM card for cash transactions.
You require a Marriage Certificate Card to unite.
You require a EAD/green Card to work as a non citizen.
You require a Hunting/Fishing card to do so.
You require a Beach/Park card to access land. ETC.,ETC.,ETC.
But, there are not any Voter ID Cards with PIN # verification
and printable receipt.
SAAVY?
The Citizens choice of mind must be verifiable.

We have surpassed the time for voter ID cards. It is time, past time, to bring technology to bear on voting integrity.

Bio-metrics, tamper-proof distributed ledger systems, consensus algorithms, cryptographically secure storage and transfer of data, data privacy, encryption and identity trust built on utilizing physically secure devices (e.g. couple $$ thumb drive or Yubikey) instead of passwords, all of these things exist, and with the possible exception of dist ledger systems, they are mature, reliable and constantly declining in cost.

The US government needs to solicit input, socialize, design, implement and rollout a NATIONWIDE digital, secure, accessible and verifiable voting system, that is befitting of the 21st century and worthy of use for the US citizens to exercise their most sacred franchise.

If p!$$es me off that there are no ends of excuses, cop-outs, whining from Ludites, and various other protestations from all politically motivated people. BOTH sides of the aisle have their own little pet justifications from keeping the process status quo.

It's my hope that 2020 will light a fire under certain @sses in DC to start understanding how broken this system is. FTR I DO believe there was more than isolated election fraud in this cycle, but I haven't seen any legitimate proof to conclude that it was systematic on a national scale, and that is was the only reason Biden won. Nevertheless, saying 'well only a little election fraud is no big deal' is not cutting it.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

The other critical aspect of this is once you cross the threshold of digitizing the election....you open up the possibility of voting remotely, /IF/ circumstances warrant it.

This is VITALLY important to contextualize in reference to what went on with the "zOMG I'm askerred I need to vote by mail, gahh! gahh! I mean I shop at Walmart 2x a week but YIKES! the thought of voting in-person terrifies me!"

And when you secure the vote with a digital system, no amount of mail-in forgery, photocopying, sending in ballots after the due date, hiding some bins of votes in the dusty corner of the post office while expediting other by the truckload, on and on, non of that will ever be a viable vector for fraud anymore.

IMO in this new world it's crucial to get the voting system digitally secure, because we will IMO see more and more and more justifications to allow mail-in voting, and a scale that has never been seen before. The litmus test was COVID in '20, and that Rubicon has been crossed now, so expect it to be trotted out again next time and everafter.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Absolutely.

There is no reason that every American shouldn't be able to vote electronically in any Election at any time, particularly our National Election for President and Vice President.

There is more than sufficient technology available to confirm identity electronically, plenty of ways to track the votes origination point and destination.

The larger aspect of the Steal Conspiracy is to cast doubt on all means that make it easier for more Americans to vote.

Neither "party" wants that.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Asking for ID and birth certificates is racist in the U.S.

Not if you're white, it isn't.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

A green card is not a work permit

Well... not precisely, but it also serves the purpose of the EAD. But yeah, it is the end goal of those who get an EAD.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join