It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Originally Brought You To ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What originally brought you to ATS? For me it was the thread on "is Paul McCartney dead"? I came across the the thread and was hooked. Because of that thread I am still not sure if he is dead or alive. I have been lurking around for several years because of it. I have enjoyed many topics over the years since.
edit on 17-12-2020 by Locutis1704 because: accidentally hit the enter button.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Locutis1704

I was Talking to a friend who told me to check out this site, filled with wild conspiracies and critical thinkers .. his exact words "I think you would like it"

That was in 2009. I joined a tad later after lurking..

Well ..to be honest I still lurk..

Thanks Masky!

Or maybe.. Damn you Masky!

At this point I am not sure anymore..

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My husband was on a fishing trip on the James River in Richmond Va. and called to check in one night talking about how they all saw lights and what he thought might be a disc in the sky for several minutes. He said the whole gang (3 different boats and about 8 different people on completely different parts of the river) all saw the same thing. When they met back up later that night is when they found out all of them had experienced it. I got to checking around online about any reports and ATS popped up. I’ve been here ever since.

I’ve been into alternative stuff like this since I was a child. My husband on the other hand never has been into anything remotely similar. So his report was enough to make me look into at that particular time because I knew he didn’t really believe but saw something he couldn’t explain.

I didn’t really sleep for days afterwards. I think I read everything here until it felt like cats were literally licking my eyeballs lol.
edit on 12/17/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I have always looked for alternatives to the main stream.
Not just crypto type things but puzzle pieces and theories outside the box.

After many years of lurking I finally decided I could contribute something... The value of that contribution is up for discussion.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I don’t know but god I’ve wasted almost half my life on here lol
edit on 17-12-2020 by Thenail because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Blossom Goodchild! Bless her ever lovin' heart.

Still waiting for the Galactic Federation of Light to come save us.

I could use a ride out of here.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It started with a book - Mysteries Of The Unknown by Time Life back in the '80's. Ufo's, Bigfoot, Spontaneous Human Combustion, all sorts of things.

I got my first computer in '04, December, and I used it mostly for music. I needed that back in my life. Spock's Beard literally gave me new life.

Then I bolted to Phoenix and living alone and bored, I started to look up all this esoteric stuff and every time a link to ATS was the top search.

Those were the days when Google didn't totally rule the earth.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
UFO's, cryptozoology, paranormal stuff mostly. Even though I lurked for awhile think my impetus for joining was when Stanton Friedman came on board. here are some threads from the way back machine when I joined.

War On Terrorism Threads
Three Strikes for Empire
World War 3 -- Picking Sides
Antiwar Sailor Is Charged By Navy (from ATSNN)
Was the Bali bombing a "setup", to draw Australia into the "War against Terrorism"?
Saddam to be freed?
General Conspiracy Discussion
Can anyone translate this strange tombstone?
If there was no Hitler, would you still have been born?
Time psychology
The Police Are Our Friends
The Elvis Investigation.....dead or alive........?
Politics and Scandals
Bush Family: 101
Jacques Chirac & Gerhard Schröder, Brothers in Communism!
Cheney Attempts to Use "Nuclear Option"
The Great Lie of 2003
KASHMIR:-Indias'? Pakistans' or Independent?
Aliens & UFO's
Alien Photo - Too clear to be real?
Excellent Read on Fallen Angels
Area 51 on TV tonight on TLC
Discussion with an EBE through people
David Icke on Reptilian Race - Is he making it up? (Video)
Current Events
ALERT! The Pope Has Died and its a Sad Day for Humanity!!!GOD Bless and Farewell John Paul II
Nearly Twice as Many Iraqi Children Going Hungry Since Saddam's Ouster, U.N. Expert Says
Weise story: should we be more responsible for our members?
Username Weise here at ATS was Minn. Shooter Killer
Al-Jazeera will be broadcasted in the United States
Secret Societies
Freemason 32nd Degree Ritual
Family Fraternity
Are all members of secret societies caucasians?
Masons and conspiracy theories
Priory de Sion versus the World
Science & Technology
Rare Partial Eclipse, April 8th 2005
How to increase your knowledge
Absolute Computer Security
.9 repeating = 1? Is our numerical system flawed?
Zero gravity???
New World Order
Disneys Club 33
A Police City
America is destroying itself.
Why do so many dislike David Icke?
Not the NWO the forth reich

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Idk about you guys, but I came here for all the sexy ladies.

No..jk

I was reading about shadow people and hatman
Spooky stuff that is.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Not politics

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Not politics.....

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Excellent list man!

Don't forget about when Putin was "missing".

Or the observatory about a year ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don`t remember very well how I came across it, but this is the first thread I saw on ATS.

Been hooked ever since.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I think it was when i was looking into sleep paralysis. I used to get it when i was younger and watched a documentary on it with my mom. I ended up looking it up on the internet and stumbling onto an ats thread about sleep paralysis and shadow people and just kept coming back. I got into a lot of the nwo threads and ancient history stuff the weird paranormal and ghost threads were always pretty cool too.

Didn't end up making an account for years though. Back then everyone kept saying you needed to lurk for years before making an account. So i did, then i got busy with university and life and stuff and just browsed occasionally until i ended up making an account and it's kinda been a regular place i browse since.
edit on 17/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What brought me here originally? I don't remember off hand. I had been checking in to see what people were saying quite a few years before I joined the site. It was probably fifteen years ago or more when I started coming here occasionally. At first I would come here sporatically, mostly in the winter months because I had lots to do in the summer time. Then I started popping in about once a month or so but never even dreamed of actually joining till I joined.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Google translate. Now I'm trapped.

But I think it had more to do with secret military aircrafts and 911. Another member many years ago ask this very question, I said the same.😊

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
For me, it was reading Jim Marrs' book "Above Top Secret." One day, at a Democratic fund-raiser, I met and conversed with him.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I doubted everything after 9/11. It was clear to me that there was no way in hell that those two buildings just happened to fall in their own footprint.

Then the Chaney cabal and Bush's b.s. and I bailed on the Republican party.

Next came Robert Baer's novel and House of Bush, House of Said.

I realized that CNN and the other propaganda outlets were feeding us crap. Began looking around for alternative news sources and stumbled on this.

My lame username is due to the fact that I really didn't think I'd stick around for long. (It was the name of an independent computer consulting company I owned back in the 90s.) Thought I'd duck in, check it out, find out how lame it was and leave.

Over ten years on and here I still am. The LIVE page is my primary source for news. Don't know what I'll do once it's gone. :-(
:
edit on 2020 12 18 by incoserv because: it's what I do.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have been lurking around on ATS since I think before 2008. I was reading for the weird stuff and folks who realized they had a gift. It was around the last time I had seen the Summerville light. I do remember disliking it for a long while after Obama was elected because the constant political threads and it seems like its been that way every since here.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I googled the term 'Above Top Secret' because ive always been into conspiracies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join