It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I support Trump 110% on this Issue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

In one of its closing acts, the Trump administration this week finalized two new rules rolling back water efficiency standards on showerheads and laundry machines.
Some environmental advocates, consumer groups and manufacturers criticized the recent rule changes as both unnecessary and potentially harmful to the environment.

Maybe I haven't been the biggest Trump fan, but this makes so much sense!
I am all for the environment, but Trump is 110% right on this issue. EVERYONE knows since the "efficiency" standards took place washing machines, showers, dishwashers are all CRAP. It forces people to use twice or three times as much water because they have to double wash, run the dishwasher twice.

In order to clean you need water. That need doesn't change.
Young people don't remember, but the older model dishwashers sprayed water like Niagara Falls and dishes were done in 30 minutes and ALWAYS
ALWAYS clean! I hate modern dishwashers. Don't even get me started on front loading washers! I've been to some of these newer hotels with water saving showers, they are ridiculous. The only one I can kind of see being ok is dual flush toilets.
I think we need to figure out water savings in a different manner.

(post by chr0naut removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I feel the deepest sympathy for those wash by hand.

What a waste of time and water.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I agree. He’s right on this one. Not much I loathe more than a low flow toilet. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that you aren’t saving water when you have to flush your toilet 3/4 times to get everything down and to get it to stay down. Sometimes it’s like a sad game of peek-a-boo. You think it’s all gone but nope! Montezuma’s Revenge American Standard style.

Same with shower heads. When you have to stand in the shower for an extra 5 minutes trying to get all of the shampoo out of your hair, you are using more water.

I remember when you flushed the toilet (back in the olden days) you damn near had to step back while doing it. It actually created something similar to a backdraft it flushed so hard. I don’t know what the answer is and I think many things like this are just created to make people feel better about themselves and what they are doing to help without actually helping a whole lot.

There has to be a better way for sure.
edit on 12/17/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

In one of its closing acts

Hard time reading after that opening act.

How about they un-liberalize my gas cans they wrecked too...
God that drives me nuts.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm not a scientologist, but sounds like you need to cut back on the greasy foods.
Grease floats.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I'm not a scientologist, but sounds like you need to cut back on the greasy foods.
Grease floats.

They all float down here...

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Young people don't remember, but the older model dishwashers sprayed water like Niagara Falls and dishes were done in 30 minutes and ALWAYS
ALWAYS clean! I hate modern dishwashers. Don't even get me started on front loading washers! I've been to some of these newer hotels with water saving showers, they are ridiculous. The only one I can kind of see being ok is dual flush toilets.

I haven't bathed since Mar 17...The day I started working from home....

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Lol..was that an IT reference?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Congress passed the toilet flush act that decreed one flush could not be more than 1 gallon. If you have one of those monstrosities you know it takes two or three flushes to work. If you need a new toilet go to Canada and bring one down. (Of course, I'm close to the border so it would work for me.) As far as I know the guards wont hassle you for a single toilet.
edit on 12/17/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Dishwashing School 101: The WATCH acronym makes sh!7 clean.
Water
Action
Time
Chemicals
Heat

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.nbcnews.com...

In one of its closing acts, the Trump administration this week finalized two new rules rolling back water efficiency standards on showerheads and laundry machines.
Some environmental advocates, consumer groups and manufacturers criticized the recent rule changes as both unnecessary and potentially harmful to the environment.

Maybe I haven't been the biggest Trump fan, but this makes so much sense!
I am all for the environment, but Trump is 110% right on this issue. EVERYONE knows since the "efficiency" standards took place washing machines, showers, dishwashers are all CRAP. It forces people to use twice or three times as much water because they have to double wash, run the dishwasher twice.

Reminds me of EPA regulations forcing car manufacturers to make cars to get better gas mileage. There have been several studies showing that all the mileage regulations actually just encourage people to drive more.

If people wanted more efficient shower heads and dishwashers, they'd buy them. Govt doesn't need to interfere.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

5 gals always worked better than 2.5. , well now it 1.5.

I remember when you flushed the toilet (back in the olden days) you damn near had to step back while doing it. It actually created something similar to a backdraft it flushed so hard.

yep and a courtesy flush would suck up the stank.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Sweet jusus! Whate you eating.

Onle flush covers my misdeeds, everytime.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Literally lol’d! Thanks for that. Now we have Poo-pourri simply because the new toilets suck at sucking!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

that's the only thing good about wearing masks cause of the covid.

went to lowes the other day and had to get rid of the coffee i drank on the way. was walking into the head and this fella came rushing out, like he was leaving the scene of the crime.

pulled my mask down under my chin to get a break from it, pulled it right back up.

edit on 17-12-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

country food.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
When I built our house I got the tub shower faucet and it already had a low volume head. I fixed that with a drill. It takes twice as long to clean the soap off your body with a low flow shower faucet, so what does it save.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just like the episode of King of the Hill about the low flush toilets, believe it was some shady Government person who made a deal with the toilet makers for money.

Bet the same applies here

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Liberals seem to be pre conditioned to having water sport fetishes...

Liberal friend I have, you and the whole Russia thing with a prostitute. What gives?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join