It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAH!!! Rats!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

That's awesome!!!

I wish these rats would come out like that so we could shoot them like that! Even with night vision!

They just don't.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Go to YouTube and search for "The Mink Man". He is somewhere around out west. He uses mink and dogs to catch rats in feedlots and such. Besides, it's just a very interesting videos. He also uses them to catch muskrat. The little sheats can go almost anywhere a rat can.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I've watched a bunch of that guy's videos before! In fact, I think I've watched about most of them on his whole channel.

Funny you would mention him because I actually discovered him while searching for methods to get rid of these damn rats!!

I was so intrigued by his channel I actually contemplated getting a mink just for that purpose. Then I saw what was involved in raising and training them and had second thoughts. Training the minks to go after rats is the easy part, but getting them to give up the rats and/or not attack the dogs is quite the ordeal. I didn't realize minks were so ferocious. They're one mean ass little animal, arguably pound for pound one of the meanest critters on the planet! Even trained ones have to be handled with thick leather gloves.

ETA - He had one video where he was picking out a new one, so he was in the shed where he keeps them. Every single one of those critters was viciously attacking the cage as he'd walk by. The camera guy even had to step back when he reached in one pen to grab one. I had no idea they were that vicious!
edit on 12/18/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
DBL

edit on 12/18/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I caught one with a glue trap in a `91 Firebird I`m rescuing. I ended up putting it up on jackstands then slathered axle grease all over the stands. Kept everything out since it turned cold. They also make a repellant spray I`ve gotten at Home Depot that seems to work good as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is the first time I've wanted to curse on here and say to heck with rats and vermin of all sorts in the most angry and disgusted way possible. I hate rats too--they're gross and they pee and poo everywhere and they SMELL. Where you see one mouse or rat, there are bleeping THOUSANDS.

You need an exterminator immediately. I am so sorry this is happening to you. Don't fix those cars--buy new ones. Rats peed on those. Pack rats, like you said.

BURN THEM ALL WITH FIRE.

How about buying a Tesla? Made of space metal!
edit on 18-12-2020 by rukia because: Because, BUY A TESLA!

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder
Your pet lion is too majestic a creature to eat or kill a lowly rat.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I wish I had that thing. Thats just a pic from the interwebs.

check em out
edit on 19-12-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My brother in law brought his 2002 Chevy Impala for me to try to get running again. There was a huge rat's nest on the top of the engine and they had devoured one spark plug wire and the windshield washer tube to the wipers.

190,000 miles on it.
edit on 21-12-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join