It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAH!!! Rats!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I can't believe it! This is now $4,000 dollars damage which has been done to a brand new car! All because of RATS! Pack Rats!

These things are the SCOURGE of human existence!! And, they're damn near impossible to eradicate! There is no defense, they're WAY too smart.

Pack rats are not the greasy slimy rats you see in a city. They're these almost cute critters (if they weren't so damned destructive). I kill every single one I can find. And even though they're solitary for the most part we still get them.

So far these terrible creatures have done the following damage:

15 Subaru - $1,800
08 Audi - $7,000
Skidsteer - $5,700
19 Subaru - $1,800
19 Subaru - $2,200 (and possibly more, don't know the full total yet).

Absolutely unbelievable! That's $18,500 in damage!

Just un-######g-believable!

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Did you remember to put a flute on your Christmas list?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Aren't barn cats cheaper?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The wiring in my friends Cadillac was chewed on by squirrels.... $1500

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We just finished a motor home with 50 000 in damage because of rats.
They are chewers for sure. I wish the wire casing was not made from soy oil.
But then, what would I do in our off season.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Probably, but they're, well, cats!

The wife just walked into the office not 5 minutes ago and said the same thing. "Maybe we should get some cats"

The neighbor does the cat thing, but she has to get a new bunch of cats every year because they all get eaten. She goes through about 3-4 cats a year. Every time there's an ad in the paper for free cats she goes and stocks up.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
See, there is your problem. Rats don't like the wire used in American cars.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
While I understand the circle of life and all, maybe your neighbor should stock up on food instead of resorting to the cats.

In other news, I have problems with the tree variety. My vehicles get left outside over winter while everyone else parks in the garages. Had them chew through the dashboard fan intake or whatever its called from the engine to the cabin.

No more directional air, but it works on setting 4 atleast now.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I can't believe it! This is now $4,000 dollars damage which has been done to a brand new car! All because of RATS! Pack Rats!

These things are the SCOURGE of human existence!! And, they're damn near impossible to eradicate! There is no defense, they're WAY too smart.

Pack rats are not the greasy slimy rats you see in a city. They're these almost cute critters (if they weren't so damned destructive). I kill every single one I can find. And even though they're solitary for the most part we still get them.

So far these terrible creatures have done the following damage:

15 Subaru - $1,800
08 Audi - $7,000
Skidsteer - $5,700
19 Subaru - $1,800
19 Subaru - $2,200 (and possibly more, don't know the full total yet).

Absolutely unbelievable! That's $18,500 in damage!

Just un-######g-believable!

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

LOL, I read this expecting some Orwellian Animal Farm type pay off holding a mirror up to humans.

Too much ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Except that's not true. I forgot to add in my OP, the rats totalled my "Ol' Red", the Ford pickup.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

This thread plus this thread: Delicious curry ingredient = problem solved.

Thank you. You're welcome.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

Insulation doesn't matter. Several years ago, I had a storm that took out one power pole. When they fixed it they had to replace the whole line because squirrels had chewed through the bare aluminum neutral. At one spot only one strand was left, the rest were chewed completly through.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

The neighbor does the cat thing, but she has to get a new bunch of cats every year because they all get eaten. She goes through about 3-4 cats a year. Every time there's an ad in the paper for free cats she goes and stocks up.

She's not using the right cats.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The neighbor does the cat thing, but she has to get a new bunch of cats every year because they all get eaten.

Has she ever shared her recipe?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Those rats would be all over that curry, and you'd never see a one of them!

You'd catch the first one. Then they learn how to defeat any kind of a trap you can devise! Every...single...time!

Caught one using sardines once. Once! Won't come near sardines now. Caught another using peanut butter. Now they've figured out how to trip the trap, then eat the peanut butter. Read about a trick to screw traps to a vertical surface. Got one, then no more. Tried live traps. Got one, no more. I've tried electric traps. Won't come near them. I've tried poison (and I don't like using poison). Got one, and never touched the poison again. I'm serious when I say I've tried about everything...except cats.

ETA - Oh, I've tried repellants like pepper spray. All I did was make things more tastier. I've tried peppermint. All animals hate peppermint. Rats love the stuff!!

edit on 12/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Wow, you have a really big hairy.........cat.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Those rats would be all over that curry, and you'd never see a one of them!

You'd catch the first one. Then they learn how to defeat any kind of a trap you can devise! Every...single...time!

Caught one using sardines once. Once! Won't come near sardines now. Caught another using peanut butter. Now they've figured out how to trip the trap, then eat the peanut butter. Read about a trick to screw traps to a vertical surface. Got one, then no more. Tried live traps. Got one, no more. I've tried electric traps. Won't come near them. I've tried poison (and I don't like using poison). Got one, and never touched the poison again. I'm serious when I say I've tried about everything...except cats.

Yeah, I meant to turn them into curry....

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Cost more than a free cat ------

Don't know if this will work or not but it's cheaper then buying a new car.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

ROGER THAT!!!

That's EXACTLY what I need!!

Told the wife I was going to get an flipping EAGLE! The dogs freaked out and hid!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

The problem with those is they're hell on dogs ears. Dogs can hear in that range.

Don't have the heart to do that to my dogs.

ETA - Plus, I've also read the rats become immune to them after about a week.

edit on 12/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join