It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuomo signs bill banning sale of Confederate flags

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Tip of the iceburg.

Wait until their social media lackeys start turning over names to AOC's "public enemies" committee for people that have ever posted or accessed an image of the Confederate flag on their computer.

Interment camps are the most evil of civic undertakings, unless it's Trump supporters/Deplorables, then, it's justified. We need /those/ people sanitized from society.

We can't have people with outdated notions of patriotism standing in the way of the new vision for the country from those that have barely been here long and have decided they think the US should start to act more like the nations people emigrate from.

/s

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's infringing upon the rights of free expression.

That I can understand, mostly. Paraphrasing here....

“People can express themselves through art or any other media” so on and so forth.

One could argue that it’s only banned (or at least thinking about being banned) on state property, so “their house, their rules” might (big MIGHT) apply. People would still be able to freely express themselves on the street, at home, at work (to a degree) and so on.

As for book burning? Get off your high horse for once DB. I already said it was dumb, I just wasn’t sure where people thought it would infringe on the 1st.

It's NOT THEIR HOUSE, THEIR RULES, it is the governments house.

The poeople's HOUSE.

Government cannot infringe upon the rights of the people.

You are obviously looking for a way to support cencorship BY GOVERNMENT.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

And all they’re doing is preventing the SALE in state owned property. That’s it.

You want to walk around looking like a nazi, southern dude with sister fascinations (that’s a strange image), no ones stopping you.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

The possession and sale of the Confederate flag is protected by the first amendment but you are correct. This only bans the sale on state owned property.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I didn’t feel like typing on the flags but might do it if someone wants it.

Remember when the Georgia State flag had to be changed because it had part of the Confederate flag?

But then the Georgia State flag came to be the whole Confederate flag with the building added.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The possession and sale of the Confederate flag is protected by the first amendment

I disagree, partly. (As far as I’m aware and I could be wrong) The 1st doesn’t say anything about sales, only possession (through expression).

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

And all they’re doing is preventing the SALE in state owned property. That’s it.

You want to walk around looking like a nazi, southern dude with sister fascinations (that’s a strange image), no ones stopping you.

So you're good with censorship.

'Kay.

Own it.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So you're good with censorship

But there’s no censorship. You’re still free to dress in or own the confederate flag. You just won’t be able to buy them from state buildings.

I’m sure there will be a ton of pop up shops selling them close by with “Made in China” printed on them somewhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Maybe they should also start going through all the books and so forth and white/black scrub out all the images of confederate flags and swastikas........oh wait.....it's probably quicker just to burn them......

Did you not read?

It says theyre banned except for educational and historical purposes.

Major props to Governor Cuomo

Germany banned the Nazi flag long ago. Not sure why its taken us this long to ban the Confederate flag.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Told ya...

Canada's 11th Province.

Next is guns...

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The government (I'm typing slowly so you understand) cannot infringe upon the rights of the people.

It's the 1st Amendment.

JESUS!

Did you ride the short bus to ATS today?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Maybe they should also start going through all the books and so forth and white/black scrub out all the images of confederate flags and swastikas........oh wait.....it's probably quicker just to burn them......

Did you not read?

Germany banned the Nazi flag long ago. Not sure why its taken us this long to ban the Confederate flag.

Well, at least the leftists are open now about their infringement of rights and their censorship.

Thank you.

link   

The government (I'm typing slowly so you understand) cannot infringe upon the rights of the people

Your rights aren’t being infringed. There’s nothing stopping you owning the confederate flag or buying it from somewhere else.
edit on 16122020 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Did you not read?

Confederate weren't Fn Nazi's...

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Or are you cranially challenged?

SMH
edit on 12/16/2020 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The OP is about both the confederate and nazi flags.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The OP is about both the confederate and nazi flags.

I know.

I don't agree with banning either of them.

I also don't agree with equating them....bunch of BS.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

bunch of BS.

The whole thing is dumb. I already said so in my first reply.

I don't agree with banning either of them

But they’re not banned. Just potentially banned for sale on state property.
edit on 16122020 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The government (I'm typing slowly so you understand) cannot infringe upon the rights of the people

Your rights aren’t being infringed. There’s nothing stopping you owning the confederate flag or buying it from somewhere else.

Liar.

The government is infringing upon the rights to sell the flag on fair ground property.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm aware of all that.

Are you trying to say that they won't soon be banned, period?

Because from up here on the hill, the slope is getting slicker than snot on a dog's wet nose...

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The government is infringing upon the rights to sell the flag on fair ground property.

Will you be able to own them? Yes
Will you be able to buy them? Yes

No rights being infringed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join