It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden introduces Pete Buttigieg as transportation secretary nominee

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The people of South Bend don't want him back butt maybe they can get their roads fixed now. He didn't do anything while he was there.

Are you sure? I seem to remember that the unemployment rate decreased during his Administration. Do you live in South Bend?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Buttigieg is not my first geh transportation secretary

Also Kamala is not my first VP person of color

Charles Curtis (January 25, 1860 – February 8, 1936) was an American attorney and Republican politician from Kansas who served as the 31st vice president of the United States from 1929 to 1933, becoming the first person of colorand first person of Native American ancestry to hold the office of vice president. He also previously served as the Senate Majority Leader from 1924 to 1929.
Sneaky Stinky Wiki

edit on 321231America/ChicagoThu, 17 Dec 2020 09:32:53 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

May want to cite your quote.

Good find though.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

May want to cite your quote.

Good find though.

CNN told me so gotz 2 b legitz

(CNN)Kamala Harris on Saturday made history as America's first woman, first Black and first South Asian vice president-elect. But she will not be the first person of color to serve as vice president of the United States.

In 1928, Charles Curtis -- a Native American lawmaker and member of the Kaw Nation -- was elected as President Herbert Hoover's vice president.

edit on 311231America/ChicagoThu, 17 Dec 2020 09:31:17 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Nah. CNN is corporate media. Not trustworthy at all in my estimation.

However, posting a uncited quote is plagiarism both in real life and on ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Pete has an impressive background, and I liked him right away. He’s a great communicator; I also feel he should’ve gotten a better position.

Will see if his past failures combined with his "education" in economics and politics will produce bigger failures with bigger impacts on more Citizens 😃❗

He's been a Washington insider for a long time ☠️

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Buttigieg is not my first geh transportation secretary

Also Kamala is not my first VP person of color

Charles Curtis (January 25, 1860 – February 8, 1936) was an American attorney and Republican politician from Kansas who served as the 31st vice president of the United States from 1929 to 1933, becoming the first person of colorand first person of Native American ancestry to hold the office of vice president. He also previously served as the Senate Majority Leader from 1924 to 1929.
Sneaky Stinky Wiki

Kool 😎

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: KTemplar

Pete has an impressive background, and I liked him right away. He’s a great communicator; I also feel he should’ve gotten a better position.

Will see if his past failures combined with his "education" in economics and politics will produce bigger failures with bigger impacts on more Citizens 😃❗

He's been a Washington insider for a long time ☠️

How do you know he has been a "Washington insider" for some time/

Past failures? What were those?

He's a decorated veteran, his education is at Harvard and Oxford, so ... what are you concerns about his education?

What failures? South Bend reduced it's unemployment rate while he was in office, resulting in a better economy, etc.

Can you be more specific?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Study his bio and connections. It's common connections. That's how I know 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh Oh !!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Judicial Watch: Buttigieg agrees to search his email for records regarding his role in the creation of ‘ID cards to help illegal aliens’

Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg agreed to do his own personal search of his emails, rather than be deposed for testimony by a top conservative government watch dog group “for records related to the creation of ID cards to help illegal aliens in South Bend, Indiana,” stated the organization Wednesday.

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit for Buttigieg’s emails in August, 2019. According to JW, he agreed to the search, in an effort to avoid being deposed and in response to the court order issued by the judge, after the City of South Bend failed to respond as required by law to open records requests. The records request was for all emails between Buttigieg, members of his staff and officials of La Casa de Amistad, regarding the Community Resident Card program, Judicial Watch stated.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I'd probably ignore the hacks at Judicial Watch too.

Their track record is not inspiring.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Who is this Kristen that Joe Biden is referring to?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

.....Except for getting dozens of court orders that exposed Democrats stacked all the way up to the ionosphere 😃

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

He mispronounced Chasten Buttigieg 🦇

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So when do we hit 9 bucks a gallon that Obama desired to force people to go green?
edit on 17-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Freudian slip... lol Like "Palms" was with a hard P....
edit on 17-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

.....Except for getting dozens of court orders that exposed Democrats stacked all the way up to the ionosphere 😃

The only thing Democrats count as credible are indictments.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

Oh. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Feb, 3 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Another Biden selection for his "Cabinet" 😃

Today's is for the Department of Transportation !!

And the winner is ....... Pete Buttigieg !!

Big production effort for the official announcement.

(CNN)President-elect Joe Biden on Wednesday introduced former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg as his nominee for transportation secretary.

"I got to know Pete on the campaign trail. He is one of the smartest people you'll ever meet and one of the most humble. A mayor from the heartland, a management expert, a policy wonk with a big heart, a veteran, lieutenant in the United States Navy Reserve, an intelligence officer deployed to Afghanistan while he was mayor. A new voice with new ideas, determined to move past old politics," Biden said at an event in Wilmington, Delaware.

If confirmed by the US Senate, Buttigieg would be the first LGBTQ Cabinet secretary approved by the chamber.

'A new voice with new ideas:' Biden introduces Pete Buttigieg as transportation secretary nominee

follow the bouncing ball on the teleprompter...😬

Pete Buttigieg is now officially the second openly gay person to serve in a Presidential cabinet.

Congrats sent to Pete from the first openly gay Presidential cabinet member, Richard Grenell, DNI for President Trump.

Congrats Pete!: twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join