It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden introduces Pete Buttigieg as transportation secretary nominee

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The best part, Biden is literally what the left hates the most hahaha.

This is icing on this here cake.

Old Rich White guy, corrupt and a womanizer haha, a little bit 1950s style racism hahaha, great #ing choice you dweebs I like how he totally represents yall hahaha.

#youtoo?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

She was definitely a questionable choice and that was said at the time.

As for Jared.
I'd say a lawyer that is used to making deals with millions of dollars at stake is a reasonable choice.

He has also done a damn good job.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Is he the place holder for every unknown position because I have heard ambassador to China and something else that Mayor Pete was supposed to doing in the Biden Administration.

So what are Bernie and Tulsi getting since every other candidate is getting a position?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: rickymouse

A check mark in the right box is more important than a solid resume.
Unfortunately it will also likely do some damage.

Psssht! This is the left we're talking about. A checkmark in the right box is a solid resume.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Silly people !!!

It's not about "Transportation" at all !!!

It's WHO gets the cash 🤩🤩

Pete Buttigieg Vows to Fight Racial, Economic, Environmental Injustice in Department of Transportation

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is just silly, honestly
This goes on in both parties
Elaine Chao was Chair of the Maritime Commission under Reagan, Then Sec. Of Labor under W. , Now Sec. Of Transportation under Trump.
These departments have almost always been headed by politically connected appointees, rather than by the best qualified

Edit to add:
By silly, I mean this thread
edit on 16-12-2020 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
BLM opposes Mayor Pete!

In a statement Tuesday, South Bend-based Black Lives Matter leader Jordan Geiger said: “[W]e urge the rejection of our former mayor Pete Buttigieg, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and Rhode Island, Governor Gina Raimondo for Transportation Secretary or any other cabinet position.” . . .

It didn't mention who they support, but they definitely are opposed!

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Pete will probably try to ban transporting guns across state lines and mandating vaccinations before one can fly. I know at least one airline was already talking about doing that but I can see him trying to do things like this after watching him in the debates.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wasn't Buttigieg going to China? Little did anyone know that outside of being a Major for a some city he is also a transportation expert...Good job Biden in not playing cronyism.
edit on 16-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah. That is my fear also. Biden wants to make a show of inclusion. I am just not sure that placing people in office just to appear open and not bigoted, may cause damage, unless they are mere figureheads and decorations.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: incoserv
Just FYI, that name is a bit difficult to pronounce so I'll help you out.

Sounds kinda like booty-gig.

You're welcome.
:

Which is German for Butt Fiddler.

No... it honestly is!

Bwagaha I just called up my "Butt Fiddler" friends and gave those types a good chuckle!
Those darn Butt Fiddlers gave me the ok to use that term.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pete has an impressive background, and I liked him right away. He’s a great communicator; I also feel he should’ve gotten a better position.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I think Biden is making a mistake.

He should place people in positions were they can bring more to the administration than a rainbow.

He thinks that by bringing in women, people of color, and homosexuals, it makes him look inclusive.

If it is wrong to prevent a person from being chosen for a position, just because of their race, color, religion, or sexual orientation, then being given a position just because of those same reasons, is equally wrong.

In my opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I would hope Pete was chosen because he is highly intelligent, capable, and a good communicator.

Nobody knows what’s in Joe Bidens’ head, including Joe 🤣

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

He's an old straight white male Christian. Don't forget that they've been playing up the Roman Catholic angle in the press lately.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

They say that he didn't manage to fix the pot holes in South Bend.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Looks like Biden, or rather the DNC, bought off support for pretty much every Democrat to get on board.

DNC: "Yeah, we know Biden is an idiot, definitely racist, probably a rapist according to multiple accounts, but if you keep your mouth shut and play along we'll get you a cabinet spot."

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Pete Buttigieg is well qualified to be Transportation Secretary --- plus --- he's so Kennedyesque.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Looks like Biden, or rather the DNC, bought off support for pretty much every Democrat to get on board.

DNC: "Yeah, we know Biden is an idiot, definitely racist, probably a rapist according to multiple accounts, but if you keep your mouth shut and play along we'll get you a cabinet spot."

So, where's Bernie? LIzzie?

And if so ... are you familiar with American politics at all? Are you implying that appointmetns aren't political rewards?

Did you apply the same standard to any other incoming Administration?

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The people of South Bend don't want him back butt maybe they can get their roads fixed now. He didn't do anything while he was there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join