It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden introduces Pete Buttigieg as transportation secretary nominee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Another Biden selection for his "Cabinet" 😃

Today's is for the Department of Transportation !!

And the winner is ....... Pete Buttigieg !!

Big production effort for the official announcement.

(CNN)President-elect Joe Biden on Wednesday introduced former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg as his nominee for transportation secretary.

"I got to know Pete on the campaign trail. He is one of the smartest people you'll ever meet and one of the most humble. A mayor from the heartland, a management expert, a policy wonk with a big heart, a veteran, lieutenant in the United States Navy Reserve, an intelligence officer deployed to Afghanistan while he was mayor. A new voice with new ideas, determined to move past old politics," Biden said at an event in Wilmington, Delaware.

If confirmed by the US Senate, Buttigieg would be the first LGBTQ Cabinet secretary approved by the chamber.

'A new voice with new ideas:' Biden introduces Pete Buttigieg as transportation secretary nominee

follow the bouncing ball on the teleprompter...😬

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If confirmed by the US Senate, Buttigieg would be the first LGBTQ Cabinet secretary approved by the chamber.

Isn't Richard Grenell gay?

So that's a lie.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'll bet dollars to donuts he has zero transportation experience.

Biden Will be the only straight white male in his administration.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: xuenchen

I'll bet dollars to donuts he has zero transportation experience.

He might have ridden in a bus a few times when he was a kid.
Hell...he might even own a foreign made car.
That’s enough for Biden.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

... an intelligence officer deployed to Afghanistan while he was mayor.

Always thought he was a glowie but never really looked into his background.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just FYI, that name is a bit difficult to pronounce so I'll help you out.

Sounds kinda like booty-gig.

You're welcome.
:
edit on 2020 12 16 by incoserv because: what's it to ya?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

So that's a lie.

It is like the news reporting that Biden will have the first EVER female-led communications team.

While kinda forgetting that Trump already has an ALL FEMALE Senior White House Press Team. So does Pence.. So does FLOTUS... and so does the Second Lady.

But hey.... the winners write the history, right?

HIS-story.

edit on 16-12-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

You're welcome.
:

Which is German for Butt Fiddler.

No... it honestly is!

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would say that Biden is making a mockery of our Highest government office with his choices. He is picking members to please the people, not necessarily to do a good job. To put that many women, blacks, and some lsbg people in at one time sounds he is picking them more for their acceptable by the left than for their qualifications. Sure, half of them he has elected might be good, but he should be appointing the best of the best with this probable upcoming economy collapse in the near future to try to control damages. Europe knows it is coming, we are not going to escape it. But no, appoint people who will toss money at things without evaluating anything properly, sounds like he is going to be one of the worst presidents in American history to me.

I have seen so many lousy choices from him I gave up researching them, over half of them are not knowledgeable about the jobs they were assigned to. I guess I got a little spoiled by trump trying to put the best people in, although some of them failed too or they decided they wanted to get rich writing Democrat tell all books.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

A check mark in the right box is more important than a solid resume.
Unfortunately it will also likely do some damage.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: incoserv

You're welcome.
:

Which is German for Butt Fiddler.

No... it honestly is!

the word apropos comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So that's a lie.

It is like the news reporting that Biden will have the first EVER female-led communications team.

While kinda forgetting that Trump already has an ALL FEMALE Senior White House Press Team. So does Pence.. So does FLOTUS... and so does the Second Lady.

But hey.... the winners write the history, right?

HIS-story.

BAH! Facts. GTFO with your airquote-facts-airquote. We choose airquote-truth-airquote over airquote-facts-airquote.

Facts are hard and hurt people's feelings.
:
edit on 2020 12 16 by incoserv because: formatting.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

So that's a lie.

But CNN is the source !!!! 🤓🚨

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would say that Biden is making a mockery of our Highest government office with his choices. He is picking members to please the people, not necessarily to do a good job. To put that many women, blacks, and some lsbg people in at one time sounds he is picking them more for their acceptable by the left than for their qualifications. Sure, half of them he has elected might be good, but he should be appointing the best of the best with this probable upcoming economy collapse in the near future to try to control damages. Europe knows it is coming, we are not going to escape it. But no, appoint people who will toss money at things without evaluating anything properly, sounds like he is going to be one of the worst presidents in American history to me.

I have seen so many lousy choices from him I gave up researching them, over half of them are not knowledgeable about the jobs they were assigned to. I guess I got a little spoiled by trump trying to put the best people in, although some of them failed too or they decided they wanted to get rich writing Democrat tell all books.

“Identity politics” in all its glory. So sick of that crap. People should be judged by their integrity and content of their character, not the color of their skin or who they slept with last night.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Umm, currently the Secretary of Education has no degree in education, nor ever attended any school other than a Christian HS and college.

I don't think people should suddenly start judging on supposed experience. Jared was picked to work on Middle East negotiations and his claim is that "he read a lot of books on it".
edit on 16-12-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Short bus experience isn't relative work experience.

Sorry. Not sorry.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why Peter Buttigieg is a bad choice other than he's gay?

I really hate the very idea of identity and woke politics and think it poses a great threat to us all.
I've only had a relatively quick read of this man's CV and I have to say he does seem to be someone who actually tries to get things done and dare I say it believes what he says.

I don't agree with some of his stated opinions but that applies to every single politician I know about.

So, where's the problem?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
lol buttjudge haha

Congrats on being gay.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2020 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Bad?

It's good, thus he was selected, for just such.

It wasn't for actual experience or anything lol, but hey we can pretend if you like.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join