It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible pardon for the Dread Pirate Roberts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Talk about your coincidences.... ATS poster 'Nerbot' brought up DPR on another thread yesterday. Thought that was odd because it sort of came out of left field for the topic being discussed.... Then, low and behold, guess who is in the news today....

Trump considering pardon for Silk Road Founder

Now, for my personal opinion....

Do I think Snowden or Assange should get a pardon? Yes. Without question.

Do I think Ulbricht should get a pardon? Hell to the no.... First of all, not only did this guy delve into all kinds of trafficking of drugs, weapons, people, etc....but he attempted to have people MURDERED to protect his empire. Why on earth would you PARDON someone like this??? Crazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Why on earth would you PARDON someone like this??? Crazy.

The only reason I can think of, is what kind of information would he be willing to share on the rest of the scumbags in those networks?

Does he have some insurance files?

And hells yes to pardoning Assange!

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Who's this dread pirate?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Would have to be because of some Intel he can provide I would guess.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Assange was set up for being truthful. He told the uncomfortable facts, and should be at the very least, left alone, if not thanked by all. Even if the facts he presented made you angry.

Snowden, told what needed to be told, but that doesn't negate his violation of his clearance. I feel like he should be tried in a court and if found guilty, the weight of what he leaked and why should be considered, and if I had a say in the outcome, I'd say no jail time, but also, no more clearance for him. You can't break the rules and expect nothing to happen. It's why we have rules to begin with.

All IMHO.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Is this the 5th dpr or the 6th?
Cause you know the original is retired and living like a king in patagonia.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Who's this dread pirate?

The founder of Silk Road

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Would have to be because of some Intel he can provide I would guess.

I still call BS. That's like saying we should pardon El Chapo because of the intel he could give us on the drug cartels.

Crazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

IMO, Assange did nothing that dozens of other journalists haven't done before and since him. The only difference is that he was not controlled by the globalist propaganda machine which is why the DS fought to take him down.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Assange and Snowden....pardon for sure. This other dude? Why? Why would you pardon someone who was plotting murder?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

A pardon may be too much, personally I think a commutation of his sentence would be appropriate given the excessive sentence of life in federal prison.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I know it's a bit off topic, but this is a seriously underrated comment.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I would pardon someone like this to employ them on a leash.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

originally posted by: smurfy

Who's this dread pirate?

The founder of Silk Road

This is what I watched a couple of days ago that caused me to mention in the other thread.

Also: Dread Pirate Roberts on Wiki
edit on 16/12/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Talk about your coincidences.... ATS poster 'Nerbot' brought up DPR on another thread yesterday. Thought that was odd because it sort of came out of left field for the topic being discussed.... Then, low and behold, guess who is in the news today....

Trump considering pardon for Silk Road Founder

Now, for my personal opinion....

Do I think Snowden or Assange should get a pardon? Yes. Without question.

Do I think Ulbricht should get a pardon? Hell to the no.... First of all, not only did this guy delve into all kinds of trafficking of drugs, weapons, people, etc....but he attempted to have people MURDERED to protect his empire. Why on earth would you PARDON someone like this??? Crazy.

Do you have any opinions on the role the DEA had in alleged entrapment of Ulbricht regarding the murder for hire charges (the idea of killing another person was planted in Ulbricht's mind and continually reinforced/pushed by an undercover agent corresponding with Ulbricht), the plundering by DEA agents of Bitcoin wallets associated with Ulbricht and other Silk Road members, and other various disgusting actions by DEA agents directly and peripherally involved in the case?

I do think Ulbricht should serve a representative sentence for his assent in the murder for hire scheme. He agreed to the faked killing, and there's no way around that. But to me, the filth and swampy behavior of the DEA infests this case, and presents inescapable moral quandaries for me.

We all know that the hammer came down on Ulbricht for the role he played in getting one of the major Darknet markets off the ground, and his involvement in the ascension of Bitcoin and demonstrating how it could be used at not only a vehicle for black market transacting, but a path forward in allowing people to exchange value with minimal use of the almighty $dollar$.

The murder for hire beef was a manufactured pretext to put this guy in jail and throw away the key. I really don't care one way or another, not an Ulbricht fan myself, there are probably more worthy folks for a presidential pardon. I just find it curious that this guy was essentially railroaded for being involved in a black market drug scheme, with the main offense being use of Bitcoin to underwrite the operation, for which he was made an example of, put down HARD to show what could come from dabbling in cryptocurrency for illegal activities.

Anyone who's curious should read up (IIRC) the piece Wired did on the whole seedy affair. Ulbricht in no way should have escaped with minor charges, but IMO several DEA members should be sitting in a cell right next to him.

The DEA and FBI would a nice place to start if we/when the time comes to start "drastically reducing" (i.e. relieving of duty and possibly remanding to custody for trial) government overreach.

edit on 16-12-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Consider that the Author is Tyler Durden..... a fictional character from fight club. Take it for what it’s worth.

edit on 16-12-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Did you mean Tyler Durden?

ETA: I saw you change it from Kyle Durden to Tyler Durden.

I don't think they were related.

you're welcome.
edit on 16-12-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I did whoops dunno where there heck I pulled Kyle from.....a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

To be fair I don’t use my real name online either.

edit on 16-12-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
All Dread Pirates deserve one pardon.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

It's OK, I still starred you for the great film reference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join