It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise SHOUTING at Mission Impossible Crew in UK For Not Observing COVID Safety

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

It's still not about Tom's concern for those employed or those who rely on production to put food on the table, blah blah..... all that is rubbish.

It's about production being cut and going over budget, it's about pleasing investors, it's about the franchise being able to deliver to keep the church of scientology propped up with its share of Tom's wages.

It can be about anything you want it to be about but it's not his concern for others, especially not the smaller people he can be clearly heard ranting at.

Hes probably lost his # on set and its being turned into a publicity stunt by his team, you know how it works.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

It's about jobs too though. It's not as one-dimensional as you say, I'm afraid.

What that tells us is that all levels of anything are important. From the lowly Janitor to the highest executive.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Put very well!

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You sure it was tom? could have been Ted danson as Bryan.

edit on 16-12-2020 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Ok if people want to believe that this was about his concern for peoples jobs, health.... whatever, then fine, I've clearly got the wrong impression of him and his ego.

But let me put it this way, all those people who hes screaming at and threatening with their jobs, the ones hes so concerned about, must easily be replaceable otherwise that would stop production also.

The money that's gone into the project, the investors, the cost of the set etc etc. isnt as easily replaced if the original production was shut down because covid rules were broken.

Wont be so easy to get funded a second time around.

It's about him not them.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I don't know what in his mind or heart.

So actors always act, right, They are never sincere when they get emotional their just acting?

Maybe but that's not certain, that's your opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm a bit ignorant, but I'm surprised that college funds would be such a big issue for Cruise.

I would have thought Scientologists not being able to pay for their OT courses and going further up the Bridge would be a bigger concern.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Your right, it's just my opinion.

At least we can agree on it being sincere and emotional.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
hahahahah

hahaha

I like his gay ass movies but hahahaha hahaha hahaha

littleman syndrome explodeth.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
holy # nicole kidman was 5'11 and he's 5'6?

more lulz

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Yep, killing people’s paychecks is not something you want be responsible for. The film industry is very good at policing their own.

I remember when the teamsters strike was happening, we had a guy with a 4:00 AM call that would show up just to fire up generators that had been placed next to the trailers the scabs were staying in on the studio lot. We made their life’s as miserable as we possibly could in order to support our brethren’s cause. You just don’t mess with peoples paychecks without serious repercussions.

Hahahahah, that'd be pleasant to wake up to at 4AM!

And really, the music business isn't very different, especially the touring aspect of it. Unless you're good friends or family with someone in the band you're working with, you're on thin ice for the first 5 years you're on the road. Mouth off to anyone or get caught slacking and that's it, you're done. No questions, just get your sh*t and call an Uber to the Greyhound station. Play your cards right and before you're even done one tour, you'll have offers for others. I'm pretty sure 90% of tour managers communicate telepathically and word travels FAST.

In the context of this thread, just seems daft to me that people are focusing solely on Tom Cruise. He's one person out of thousands involved in a film production. Screw the studio who is going to earn most of the money, it's all the other people involved in an industry that is going to have a lot more challenges ahead of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Tom does an Ellen.
LoL

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Imagine the video emerged and (although I suspect this isn't real) he was literally jumping up and down on a couch.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
Its about the production, not the health or concern of people, scared of getting production shut down and finances climbing over breaking covid rules.

What a shame that all those millionaires may lose more money over all this..... the absolute horror.

Oh well I'm sure therell be cheaper restaurants and diners they could visit once they're skint...... oh wait........ maybe not.

You think everyone working on a film set is a millionaire?

There’s thousands of people involved in the production of a movie, if filming shuts down, they all lose their paycheck.

Ha..millionaires

Lots of regular workers there, for 1 millionaire, theres 300 non millionaires, living good, or paycheck to paycheck. Depending on how much they work. Filming is just starting again in Hollywood North.

Cruise may have gone a bit overboard, but he probably has a point. They are taking covid seriously here.

Oh of course. I'm not sure how many people other people believe work on a movie because everyone just scrolls past the credits....and that's just the people that were credited for their work. Not to mention the companies that are listed without listing all their employees, like a catering company. I don't know many in the movie business, just the guys who work on soundtracks often.

And it's no different in the music business. People assume if a band is on tour or have a song on the radio that they're raking in the bucks. The amount of plays it takes on Spotify to even earn a dollar at this point is insane....and most of that gets paid back to the record company before the bands see it.

It took nearly 20 years for the world to say, "Sh*t, Lars was right, Napster (downloading) killed the music business."

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Smear campaign, devaluing disinformation?
Has "somebody" left a cult?

Just looking at things in two possible ways.
edit on 16-12-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

But let me put it this way, all those people who hes screaming at and threatening with their jobs, the ones hes so concerned about, must easily be replaceable otherwise that would stop production also.

You can replace everyone on that set in nano seconds with a phone call. Want to feel expendable? Get in the film biz.

The money that's gone into the project, the investors, the cost of the set etc etc. isnt as easily replaced if the original production was shut down because covid rules were broken.

Wont be so easy to get funded a second time around.

They have contracts that take care of all that. It would for sure cost them some money to stop production and go on hiatus but they wouldn't be starting over. Bottom line is that it wouldn't be a good situation for anyone involved.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: DanDanDat

It's about money. The studios are losing money. Warner just put all their 2021 movies on streaming and the agents, directors, and actors are screaming

Sounds like a shrewd idea.

At $15 a month that's the equivalent of going to the movies once a month... who goes to the movies more than once a month? I go years with out going to the movie theater.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

He is making a very good argument for the next stage of Hollywood, and another nail in his coffin.

I just watched some really good CGI productions and they have come a really long way.

It won't be long before they won't need production sets or highly paid actors. So I guess he has to grab it while he can.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit
Hey didnt say I didnt like movies. Just saying there all out of ideas out there in hollywood. Pretty sure there are some good movies that came out which I havent seen. But movies do not have the grab they used to. Blockbuster movies were going out of style long before covid came on the scene.

But hey. Since this is about movies. Who knows what the new mission imposible is about. But I got an idea for the plot of there movie. Ussually its some lame ass plot like a genious super villain or shadowy group out to take over the world by using cuting edge satelites and some plot to take over the world.

Heres one for them. Lets say theres this shadowy evil group out to take over the world. Lets call them, The Order of The New World. And get this, one of there plots is to release a virus into the populous, lets call it the Borvid Virus. So they take over and buy out all the media companies, then they spam the TVs and tubes with brainwashing programing for a year or so.

And get this, there is no actual virus, does not exist, its purely farcical and propaganda. Its all just a plot by the evil doers to get people to believe it, so they can first make a # ton of money off the Cure to the virus, by getting governments to sponsor them.

And also there real plan is to use this crisis to release a real virus into the populous at large, which over time messes with there DNA and makes them more zombie like so they can be easier to control as the Order of The New World implaments the next stage of the plan. So its a two plan attack to take over the world, they make a hundred billion on the cure, and the real threat coming down the wire is the cure which will turn everybody into zombies and dumbed down versions of themselves.

And after that. New regulations, new rules, new currency, everybody gets chipped and probed, asking for papers at the airport or every time you leave town, and all that good give that evil doers like to do in there bid for world domination.

So now our hero. Tom Cruise and his group get light of this, mission impossible style buy cassette player that explodes. And there mission would be to stop this evil shadowy group form completely taking over the world with there evil plans. His mission would be to convince people that wearing diapers on there face is silly, and to stop the populous at large from going along with this dastardly plan.

There will be car chases, stuff blowing up, maybe throw in some satellite lazers from space or two, and some top secret plant were they make these new cures to the make believe virus. His mission would be to change all that, and to get people to believe and stop the Order of The New World from putting there plan in motion. Just imagine Tom Cruise in all his glory driving through blown up cars in traffic all while wearing a diaper on his face to blend in with the local populous and trying to save the world.

Sounds like a good plot eh? Would make a good movie. They should do that as the new plot for this new Mission Impossible Movie. Would be way better then what they got that's for sure. Its probably some lame ass plot anyways.

But then again. Its kind of not believable. I mean who would be stupid enough to believe that whole plot. I mean take over the world, and all just by putting commercials on the TV and spouting propaganda. Seems totally unbelievable that anybody would fall for it. Or that anybody would be that stupid, even in a movie.

Probably just stick with the same ol plot of bald evil doer head honcho, and his shadowy group of evil dowers, and there super secret take over the world by space lazes or swiping nukes or whatever....Oh ya! # blowing up. Good stuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Tropic Thunder was a good movie, but in all there still running out of ideas.

Robert Downy Jr charter was hilarious. I would rather watch that again then Mission Impossible, don't even know what number of sequel there at now. But! Nah not looking forward to the new one.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join