It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise SHOUTING at Mission Impossible Crew in UK For Not Observing COVID Safety

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

"Leaked"?...Does anyone really believe this Cruise rant was unscripted and organic?
C'mon, Man!

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
An actual alpha male.

Maybe it doesn't make him an alpha male, but the dude does all his own stunts, as far as I know. I find that pretty cool. I'm no huge Tom Cruise fan or anything, but credit where credit is due. Also, this gem:

edit on 12-16-2020 by WakeUpBeer because: format

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
He needs watering again, still not grown.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
Its about the production, not the health or concern of people, scared of getting production shut down and finances climbing over breaking covid rules.

What a shame that all those millionaires may lose more money over all this..... the absolute horror.

Oh well I'm sure therell be cheaper restaurants and diners they could visit once they're skint...... oh wait........ maybe not.

You think everyone working on a film set is a millionaire?

There’s thousands of people involved in the production of a movie, if filming shuts down, they all lose their paycheck.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

tom cruise can F**K OFF! Who the hell is tom cruise anyways?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Its about the production, not the health or concern of people, scared of getting production shut down and finances climbing over breaking covid rules.

What a shame that all those millionaires may lose more money over all this..... the absolute horror.

Oh well I'm sure therell be cheaper restaurants and diners they could visit once they're skint...... oh wait........ maybe not.

There’s thousands of people involved in the production of a movie, if filming shuts down, they all lose their paycheck.

Boo-hoo. That's all I can say.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

But theres always a chance of them finding other employment like so many have had to, my point is, his rant is about the money itll cost him and the production if it gets closed down over covid.

That money would be lost much like his marbles.

It's not about his concern for the industry...... or the people in it. Dont be fooled.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wonder how much he got paid to act out that outburst ? 😃

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would so give him a black eye for the movie if he spoke to me like that. . eply to: Willtell

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Why are they even being allowed to make a Mission Impossible 7? On a list of "essentials" I'm guessing a seventh MI is the last entry on the list.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It's about money. The studios are losing money. Warner just put all their 2021 movies on streaming and the agents, directors, and actors are screaming

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I think they are important, particularly when jobs are at stake

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

2. Depends on what the e-meter says.

I would have paid good money to see that.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Anybody that tells you they know whats up and what the future brings is full of #.

They don't tell you.
Maybe you don't read a lot! I have read thousands of books and I disagree think your own thoughts fine with me.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
I would so give him a black eye for the movie if he spoke to me like that. . eply to: Willtell

....and you would be hard pressed to ever work in the film industry again, especially with a union.

I worked in the film industry for years and the quickest way to the unemployment line is disrupting a shoot. As hard as it is to become an IATSE member you just don’t do anything to jeopardize your career. You do what you’re asked and you do it with the biggest smile you can muster or you don’t work. I’ve witnessed people in the industry that have been kicked off set and basically blackballed for much less than striking someone on set, you just don’t do that. I’ve seen more hissy fits than I can count but they rarely if ever happened between the crew and the directors or actors.

Tom is a professional whether you like him or not. I’ve never worked on any of his films but I have friends that have. They say he’s a fairly likable guy on set but could also be a bit difficult at times but that’s par for course for a large majority of actors. Above all though, he’s very professional and knows what it takes to get a film done that will make money.

I can’t blame him for going off though, when your talking the loss of millions of dollars if shooting gets shelved, it’s a no brainer that everybody minds their P&Q’s to prevent that from happening. I would not want to be the crew member responsible for shutting down a film, nope.

edit on 16-12-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not sure I'm getting the gist of all the comments-

It's been posted numerous times in the last year since the lockdown started that we should be able to get back to work to earn a paycheck and we should be able to handle things as far as safety goes on our own.

So here is a situation of exactly that happening and it's "F*ck Tom Cruise and who gives a sh*t about the thousands of people involved who won't make a paycheck off this movie, he's an asshole."

I think some people just like to bitch.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

But theres always a chance of them finding other employment like so many have had to, my point is, his rant is about the money itll cost him and the production if it gets closed down over covid.

That money would be lost much like his marbles.

It's not about his concern for the industry...... or the people in it. Dont be fooled.

Sure, he'll most likely lose money, but with the amount he's already got, I'm sure it wouldn't make a dent. On the other hand, there's all the people working on the set who don't make millions that'd get f*cked in the end. I don't give a sh*t about Tom, but that puts everyone counting on that money in a sh*tty position.

I'd imagine the movie business is much like the touring business; you get all the dates sorted out, get everyone on board and then block out those dates and make yourself unavailable to do anything else. So you get several hundred-thousands of people who put all their eggs in the basket to go make some money and then they're left high and dry when a couple people f*ck it all up for them.

I really don't know much about Tom, but the fact the guy puts that much effort into making a movie, doing all his own stunts and working on the production side, something tells me the dude's not just in it for the money.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i have a notion of Toms' rant .... it was generated from:

Scientology is a set of beliefs and practices invented by American author L. Ron Hubbard, and an associated movement. It has been variously defined as a cult, a business or a new religious movement. Hubbard initially developed a set of ideas which he represented as a form of therapy, called Dianetics. This he promoted through various publications, and through the Hubbard Dianetic Research Foundation, which he established in 1950. The foundation soon entered bankruptcy, and Hubbard lost the rights to h…
Wikipedia · Text under CC-BY-SA license

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yep, killing people’s paychecks is not something you want be responsible for. The film industry is very good at policing their own.

I remember when the teamsters strike was happening, we had a guy with a 4:00 AM call that would show up just to fire up generators that had been placed next to the trailers the scabs were staying in on the studio lot. We made their life’s as miserable as we possibly could in order to support our brethren’s cause. You just don’t mess with peoples paychecks without serious repercussions.
edit on 16-12-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Ha..millionaires

Lots of regular workers there, for 1 millionaire, theres 300 non millionaires, living good, or paycheck to paycheck. Depending on how much they work. Filming is just starting again in Hollywood North.

Cruise may have gone a bit overboard, but he probably has a point. They are taking covid seriously here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join