It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Organization Ordered to Turn Over Documents to New York Attorney General

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

A New York judge Tuesday ordered the Trump Organization to hand over documents related to its sprawling Westchester County estate to the state attorney general’s office as it pursues a civil fraud investigation into the president and his company.

The Trump Organization had tried to shield the documents related to Seven Springs, a 213-acre property, from the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James, a Democrat. Her office is investigating whether Mr. Trump and his company improperly inflated the value of his assets on financial statements to obtain loans and get economic and tax benefits.

Trump Organization Ordered to Turn Over Documents to New York Attorney General

Just when we thought we had everything with the New York Times release of Trump's financials, there's more... and with January 21st upon us and Trump out as POTUS, we're likely to see more legal battles ahead.

For those of you unaware, this all goes back to New York's investigation of President Donald Trump and the Trump Organization last year, when Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen testified before Congress that Trump's annual financial statements inflated the values of his assets in order to secure favorable loans and insurance coverage, but deflated the value of other assets in order to reduce real estate taxes. This property is one of a number in New York State that is under asset investigation to determine this. To be honest this sounds like standard rich elite stuff... and I have doubts the courts will get far given the precedent this sets. Our financial system just has too many loopholes to not get taken advantage of.

edit on 15-12-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So here it goes, they will go after Trump and anyone with any good relationship with him for the very things they know all the rich do.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The standard has changed because this rich guy happened to claim being an R and blocked the anointment of queen hillary.

I guarentee... guarentee, would wage a body part that still means a lot to me that he has done nothing different than any other rich guy in new york.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And the Trump-haters here will jump for joy and microwave kittens in celebration!

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I couldn't be more shocked had I awoken with my head sewn to the carpet.

I don't know anyone who hasn't inflated their assets at one point or another. Whether it was to get a loan, a credit card, etc. Let the witch hunt begin. You'll not find a shocked face in the crowd.
edit on 12/15/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Michael Cohen testified about a lot of things and lied in those testimonies if I remember correctly. Never really cared to much since basically 100% of anti-Trump news was just propaganda. Pretty sure Trump doesn’t personally appraise his assets either, but whatever floats the Democrats boats. Glad NY is paying for the investigation.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
And the Trump-haters here will jump for joy and microwave kittens in celebration!

And the trump supporters here will overlook trumps stupidity for hiring swamp people to go after the swamp. Had he really drained the swamp this and his DOJ,FBI,CIA,Etc had actually held anyone accountable , then we wouldn't have CHIDEN nor would he have to worry about the swamp going after him.

He better pull a Hail Mary touchdown very soon or he is going to go through his legal fundraising funds really quick.
edit on 471231America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2020 18:47:17 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Pure unadulterated irrational hatred for the nan on full display. TDS on full display.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Michael Cohen testified about a lot of things and lied in those testimonies if I remember correctly.
Some things, no doubt.

But those statements opened the doors to an investigation about it. Maybe Cohen will get booked for perjury if he lied about this.

Pretty sure Trump doesn’t personally appraise his assets either, but whatever floats the Democrats boats.
He was the boss of the company at the time. He signed the applications. He signed the tax returns.

edit on 12/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
And when Cuomo hikes taxes up again and kicks people out of their homes and jobs by new years, just to pay for this stunt.

You'll cheer.

Because you ignore everything for one.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What a surprise.

Already making excuses for Trump.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: HalWesten

And the trump supporters here will overlook trumps stupidity for hiring swamp people to go after the swamp. Had he really drained the swamp this and his DOJ,FBI,CIA,Etc had actually held anyone accountable , then we wouldn't have CHIDEN nor would he have to worry about the swamp going after him.

He better pull a Hail Mary touchdown very soon or he is going to go through his legal fundraising funds really quick.

Don't be so sure, he made a lot of mistakes and foolish decisions. I support his accomplishments but also blame him for a lot of things he did wrong, mostly out of spite and ego.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
What a surprise.

what a surprise seeing you around an anti Trump thread,gloating.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: Annee
What a surprise.

what a surprise seeing you around an anti Trump thread,gloating.

Why is that a surprise.

I said nothing about Trump, BTW.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
funny... he should just not turn them over just like the FBI, CIA, Counsel on foreign relations, intelligence counsel, clinton foundation, state electors, facebook, media companies.
....etc etc etc...etc etc etc etc... a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: daboxfan

There is a difference between a Congressional subpoena and court order. Have any on that list defied a court order?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I said nothing about Trump, BTW.

Actually

The above sentence implies.....Orange Man With Small Hands Bad.......just sayin.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: interupt42
And when Cuomo hikes taxes up again and kicks people out of their homes and jobs by new years, just to pay for this stunt.

You'll cheer.

Because you ignore everything for one.

For the love of [insert your deity here] try to understand that because someone calls out the BS of your candidate it doesn't make them a team member of the OTHER party. look here for my recent response to another party loyalist that fails to take any accountability for their candidate or parties mistakes or wrong doing

So try to focus and argue on the merits of the argument presented versus burying your head and dismissing it with the wrong assumption they must be on the OTHER party.

For the record I'm the farthest you can be from a democrat and actually think what we need is libertarian principles now because our gov't is riddled with conflict of interest. I have stated numerous times how you have to be mentally challenged to think that giving a gov't riddled with conflict of interest more money and more power as democrats propose is beyond ridonkulous .

So now that you know I'm not a democrat care to explain why you think trump hiring within the swamp was a good idea or had no effects on the outcome of CHIDEN?

Or maybe explain why Trumps swamp riddled doj,fbi,cia, etc found no wrong doing with the bidens or allowed the swamp to steal the election for biden or do you think biden got 80M votes?

Bottom line If you don't hold your own party or candidate responsible for their stupidity or wrong doings then nothing will change and you are part of the problem.

edit on 171231America/ChicagoTue, 15 Dec 2020 19:17:08 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Not smart. Poke the bear....get him really angry while he's still in power.

Must be a Democrat Attorney General, lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's a judge.
What's Trump going to do about it? You reckon?

Appeal?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join