It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell urges GOP senators not to object to Electoral College vote - The Hill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Pretty sure everyone but you got the context considering yesterday's activity but I understand if people need to be pedantic.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My God (Jesus)! Please kill/destroy me! If I ever become as weak and unmanly, as this McConnell "dude".
Yep! "Dude" is a word.
Traditionally? "Dude", is a "respectful" word for,..for something "they're" not.

I'll let you "educated" folk figure out, "the meaning"....
Lol!

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Hahahahaha you guys know how this is going to go-

McConnell is part of the swamp. He only did something for the country when he was blocking the House’s bills.

If you hold a political office and you’re not on the Trump train, you’re deep state.

Edit- also, he took money from Dominion back in 2019. UNDENIABLE PROOF OF ELECTION FRAUD!!!! BUSTED!!! BOOOOOOOM!!! KAAABLOOOEY BOOOMBABOOM!

Why would a politician take money from a voting machine company? Oh yes, to look the other way when sh#t happens.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What prompted this strong and pre-emptive move on McConnell's part? Has McConnell revealed himself now as Deep State as well?

Assuming for a second there was legitimate reasons for GOP senators to challenge the Electoral College vote. Why would McConnell have to be part of some "deep state" in order to curtail such a challenge.

All it would take is for McConnell to be an individual slime ball who puts his own political agenda ahead of the country.... It's not difficult for me to imagine McConnell being such a man.
edit on 15-12-2020 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Gryphon66

He didn't just acknowledge the Biden win ... he bascially told the Republicans in the Senate that if they did support some House resolution to object they would be on the Naughty List.

What prompted this strong and pre-emptive move on McConnell's part?

Putin gave Biden the nod this morning. 6 hours later, Moscow Mitch gave the all clear and it's all A-Okay, to the Republicans.

The first time in your history here that you said something that might actually be true.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

All you'd have to "believe"? Is that "slime balls", do stuff. That's the real "world"!

A lot of us went to A war, "to uphold our oath", because "slime balls" ordered us!

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Mitch McConnell today not only acknowledged the Electoral College win of Biden and Harris, but also requested that his caucus support the results.

Of course he did.

Mitch and Biden have the same owners, after all.

China.

McConnell married into the Chao family dynasty, if you didn't know...

Big money to be made from the Bank of China.

Ask Hunter!!!!

edit on 15-12-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
That old dirt bag should have left long ago. Damn democrat rat.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

He's a rhino too

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah, isn't he married to a Chinese woman..aha

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I voted for trump. I wanted him to win. He didn’t... that’s life. It’s about time we stop this stupid crap. I laughed in 2016 at the reactions of some on the left when trump won. I didn’t expect and didn’t want to see the right do the same.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What a sage, audacious and consummately elegant piece of statecraft.

They say timing is everything. Mitch McConnell knows it is true.

I am awestricken by the brilliance of this move.

By waiting till now to acknowledge Biden as the lawful President-Elect, he allowed the Won Bigly train to career madly but harmlessly on until it finally wrecked itself on the buffers of the Electoral College. By doing this, he protected the electoral unity of the Republican Party from the fury of the Wrathful Wingnut Right while the latter spent itself impotently on conspiracy theories, fake-news ‘revelations’ about voting machines and fraud, and laughable attempts to steal the election through the courts.

Then, with one simple, stunning move, executed with perfect timing, he has simultaneously
  • slammed the doors of Congress shut on the Trumpists, and
  • cut the Republican Party loose from the Qanonists, racists, neo-Nazis and other undesirables who marched under the Trump banner, and whose influence created a massive liability for the party in the long term.

And he did it all simply by congratulating Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Toppling Bloatsack with just the touch of a finger.

How cherubic Mitch’s smile must have been when he thought of it. Which, incidentally, must have been about three months ago.

Mitch McConnell. Hate him all you like, but you can’t help but admire his virtuosity.

edit on 15/12/20 by Astyanax because: I am awestricken, while others are awestruck.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I heard he has a dream. bad things happen to people with a dream

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The way a challenge works is this. If a member of the House objects to the electoral count of a state and a member of the Senate agrees there will be a debate in each of the House and Senate. Each will then vote. In order for that state's count to be overturned, both must have a majority vote to do so.

Do you see where this is going? Do you see the problem? McConnell does. He may be a jackass but he isn't stupid.

This guy explains it all better, IMO:

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I saw his smile, but to be honest with myself, I couldn't read what that smile meant or to whom it was meant for.

edit on 1200000024422020-12-16T00:42:24-06:00422412am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
He did block funding for election security a couple years back. Im sure someone has a little black book about all his misdeeds somewheres... What ever happened to that madam a few years back with the book of fun?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Mitch now public enemy number one! 😂

Imagine a world where allegiance is punishable if not sworn for...

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Yeah, Mitch says lots of things... Although this seems to be a new low, given that he made this pronouncement literally as Senate hearings are being held to examine evidence of election fraud/interference/tampering.

I know for some that screams, "See? Mitch doesn't believe it either!" But not to me. More like, "Yup! Mitch doesn't want the evidence known either!!!"

I'm betting old Mitch has as much to fear from transparency as Biden does.

The process will play out as it will. And Biden will bear the brunt of it, one way or another. If Biden makes it into office under these circumstances, it will not work out well, but lessons will be learned.

edit on 16-12-2020 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

according to two sources familiar with the call

Sounds like more bull plop to me..... what about you?

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I noticed that.

The only thing that confused me is the timing.

Perdue and Loeffler are on the block.

I was a little surprised he didn't use the Trump followers until January 5, and then give a grand speech on January 6.

Makes me wonder what's coming up that he knows about that we don't.

Or maybe he got the go-ahead from Vlad ... could be that simple, sure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join