It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses Threaten Strike in California

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Registered nurses have taken issue with “dangerously low staffing levels” and lack of adequate personal protective equipment that have put them at risk for infection as the coronavirus pandemic continues to overwhelm frontline workers, according to the union.

We're prone to get taken advantage of because of our moral and ethical standards and our need to want to help and take care of people."

I feel for these nurses. They are in the worst spot, fighting for both their patients and themselves.
This truly seems to be about working conditions and staffing issues and not money.
What is happening in nursing? I though at one point there were too many nurses and it was hard to find a job?
Or is it just California?

If nurses at Riverside wish to get PPE, they have to give their ID numbers and "make their case" for a new batch, sometimes threatened with discipline if they request too much, she said.

Now this is crazy!!

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But ? 💢

California ! 😷

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I have been advocating for years for nurses to be treated fairly, respectfully, and for them to receive adequate compensation.

The problem is that nurses are often their own worse enemy. They are lousy negotiators and think with their hearts and not their heads.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah this I a serious issue. My heart goes out to all the healthcare workers and nurses everywhere. Certainly in my state of Cali.

I find it bizarre and disturbing that professional sports teams have access to PPR, but nurses not nearly as much.

Why?! Why is this a thing? Oh wait.....

The AppleNews article told me the other day in a ten minute podcast it comes down to “$”.

One sentence buried about 7 minutes in. Cool. Thanks for telling me....

Another macro issue is funneling everyone into box stores that seem to have immunity to shutdowns, but local businesses that provide “essential” goods and services are still shut down out here too. It’s hypocritical and stupid.

Just like healthcare providers needing access to gear and equipment that keep them and theirs safe. What the hell
edit on 15-12-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
After this is all over, the nurses should get a month paid vacation and tickets to some resort for a week stay. The Pharma companies can gift this to the nurses and teach them to push meds while they are there in a class to make it legal. Heck, doctors get those free, why can't Registered Nurses get training sessions too.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have been advocating for years for nurses to be treated fairly, respectfully, and for them to receive adequate compensation.

The problem is that nurses are often their own worse enemy. They are lousy negotiators and think with their hearts and not their heads.

What? Most of the nurses I know are smart, cold as ice, and mean as hell. I wouldn't say they do all their thinking with their heart. You'd get better bedside manners from a doctor.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Its California....

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
After this is all over, the nurses should get a month paid vacation and tickets to some resort for a week stay. The Pharma companies can gift this to the nurses and teach them to push meds while they are there in a class to make it legal. Heck, doctors get those free, why can't Registered Nurses get training sessions too.

I think everyone needs a freaking break. So many countries have better leave/vacation/holiday time than we do.
Many Americans work too much and have no quality down time. We need that, maybe some professions more than others.
I would lump teachers in there, but they get summer break.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Don't they have state run health care in California? This shouldn't be an issue.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Don't they have state run health care in California? This shouldn't be an issue.

Only 6%

caph.org...#:~:text=California's%20public%20health%20care%20systems%20operate%20in% 2015%20counties%20where,the%20remaining%20uninsured%20in%20California.

California's public health care systems operate in 15 counties where more than 80% of Californians live. Despite accounting for just 6% of the state's hospitals,

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I keep coming back to it being California. The state in general is poorly run. The people who live there voted for it.

(post by iwanttobelieve70 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Maybe they should join the recall effort recallgavin2020

Add their frustrations to the list of Reason to recall Gavin Newsom
edit on 15-12-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It’s my opinion the worst thing for nurses is to be involved with the union. It’s been my experience with the unions they protect the dead weight and the real performers get stuck being put on the same playing field as the poor performers.

I think nurses would be better off without them. It is odd how now there are low staffing levels but I know in my state they had to furlough nurses because they cut so many services during the pandemic that they could pay for them. The whole situation has been grossly mismanaged on many levels

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

Don't worry. Once they socialize our health care, every nurse and doctor will belong to a public employees' union and those contracts will matter more than any doctor patient relationship, just like the contract matters more than the student in the public schools.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
has anyone given thought to the possibility this is all being done on purpose? Why are frontline workers slated to receive a highly experimental vaccine first? why are nurses being run into the ground? I forget where I heard the theory, but it made sense to me given how sold out the Left is to China and the UN. What if the goal is to run down, run out, our front line workers, especially just as a new Covid variant (Covid 21?) hits and we are hit with yet more surges and waves requiring more personnel than we can source within the US. Perfect opportunity to bring in foreign staffing, maybe directed by the UN itself?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It seems to be propoganda that is "not available in my region".

Therefore, I am programmed not to care.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe all that money going to support illegal aliens could be redirected towards necessary gear for nurses? I'm sure if they went to Mexico, snuck back in and claimed to be refugees they could get whatever they need.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join