It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Old Software Owes You Money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted on ATS, if it has been, mods feel free to remove. In all the doom and gloom of 2020, there's some potentially good news if you're Canadian

Microsoft Class Action Lawsuit

Apparently you don't need proof of purchase either. Not exactly sure how that will all work but I'll definitely be looking into it further. Thought I'd share with the fellow Canucks here.

Did you buy PC versions of Microsoft MS-DOS, Windows, Office, Word, and/or Excel between 1998 and 2010? If so, you might be eligible for compensation. Make a claim to get up to $250 cash for individual licenses or get up to $650 in vouchers for Volume Licenses without proof of purchase.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Man, I bought Microsoft Windows 98, Word, Office and Excel the week Windows 98 came out! Too bad I live in Southern Illinois instead of Canada. I visited Upper Ontario once and it was very beautiful.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TortoiseKweek
I haven't seen this posted on ATS, if it has been, mods feel free to remove. In all the doom and gloom of 2020, there's some potentially good news if you're Canadian

Apparently you don't need proof of purchase either. Not exactly sure how that will all work but I'll definitely be looking into it further. Thought I'd share with the fellow Canucks here.

Did you buy PC versions of Microsoft MS-DOS, Windows, Office, Word, and/or Excel between 1998 and 2010? If so, you might be eligible for compensation. Make a claim to get up to $250 cash for individual licenses or get up to $650 in vouchers for Volume Licenses without proof of purchase.

Sweet.

I've got a Win 7 Pro package.

I'll try it out tonight and tell ya's what happens...

ETA: 13 bucks lmao.....I didn't finish the process, not worth the trouble.
edit on 12/15/2020 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Cool. I'm eligible for $58. Not sure how much I trust this though. Kind of leery about submitting it with my info. These lawyer things always seem like scams. I'd never even heard of this lawsuit.
edit on 15/12/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I bought the professional Windows 2000 disk, with unlimited amounts of machines I could load it on. They tried to make it so I could not do updates, but a simple call to them with the receipt and number made it so all copies were able to be updated later on. Then they discontinued updates on all their products and it would not work with some evolving software coming out so it was worthless after that. I had that on my machine till maybe 2012, I liked it lots better than the Windows ten I have now. Just think how fast a computer would be now with 2000 on it.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Sweet.

Thirteen bucks for you.....three hundred for the legal firm for doing the lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well its legit at the very least.

link to article

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Sweet.

Thirteen bucks for you.....three hundred for the legal firm for doing the lawsuit.

No.
They got MILLIONS.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Cool. I'm eligible for $58. Not sure how much I trust this though. Kind of leery about submitting it with my info. These lawyer things always seem like scams. I'd never even heard of this lawsuit.

Besides all the personal info, did it require you and your descendants to be disqualified from suing MS for anything again, for all eternity?

Class actions generally are scams.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sweet.

No.
They got MILLIONS.

That three hundred was only on his thirteen bucks. Multiple that by thousands of lawsuits and remember, if they got three hundred from thirteen bucks, they probably get a thousand from a hundred buck to a person class action settlement.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sweet.

No.
They got MILLIONS.

That three hundred was only on his thirteen bucks. Multiple that by thousands of lawsuits and remember, if they got three hundred from thirteen bucks, they probably get a thousand from a hundred buck to a person class action settlement.

Doesn't sound as good , though .
(and thousands * 300 is only equal to 100s of thousands)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join