It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite simple recipes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Never have had the guts to drink it! Seriously, that bottle must be at least 40+ years old now. I don't know if it's even any good anymore.

Most likely Oaxacan mezcal and it will still be good if it's unopened. The worm is a marketing gimmick and doesn't do anything to the booze.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The bottle is so old the labels look like parchment paper now. I've had to glue them back on about 3-4 times now.

Don't know why I never drank it really. The worm never worried me. Just a novelty I guess.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I make them straight sometimes, always nice either way. Lamb is one of the only things I will eat with anything Mint, not a fan of mint but with lamb it just works.

Over here Lamb is everywhere really, Beef still rules as a red meat source but it is always next to Beef in a Butcher or Supermarket.
I pay about £8 for a kg of Lamb Mince at my Butcher, similar price in Supermarkets though I never really buy from them because the taste isn't as good.
I pay about £15-20 for a Leg of Lamb, which I just had a couple of days ago actually, was Delicious! so Prices are not too bad here.

posted on Dec, 31 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

15-20 Euro. for a leg, or 15 or 25 Euro per kg for a leg???? Big difference!!!

edit on 12/31/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

British pounds not Euros.

It's around £10-12 per kg standard price for a leg here I think, but my butcher often has various deals on and the last leg I had I got for £15 a little bit over 2kg. I have never paid over £20 for a similar sized leg though.

posted on Jan, 1 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yes, please excuse me, that's what I meant. Sorry.

Wow, that's a great price!

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Try this one my Mom used to do. Vienna sausages and croissant rolls from the refrigerated section, the ones in the tube. Roll the vienna in the croissant's and bake for 10 or so minutes. Golden brown deliciousness.

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

I'm pretty sure he ripped this one off from a movie. Or, I'm confusing Chevy Chase's tequila scene from Caddyshack with this recipe.

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

That sounds really good. Mom used to make straight lamb patties when I was a kid. Used to love those things! She'd serve them with mint jelly and I thought we were livin' high on the hog, man!

Can't even hardly find lamb in the stores anymore, and when you do it's just stupid expensive, even ground.

I can stand the little mint chocolates but that's as far as I go with spearmint, peppermint and all things mint related. So nasty. Can't stand mint. It's why all toothpaste tastes like, well, mint, and it sucks so my teeth and gums are rotting because I HATE MINT! Why is mint the only toothpaste flavor? Seriously, THIS is a conspiracy and should be investigated. Who came up with this inane idea that toothpaste can only have mint flavors.

I'm telling ya, there's something fishy with this and it ain't the flavor. I think I'd rather have fish flavored toothpaste than mint. Give me a sardine in hot sauce flavored toothpaste and I'd be all over it.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: NightVision

Sure.

DEL MAGUEY PECHUGA MEZCAL, $195.00.

Total bottom shelf stuff....

3 indisputable facts:

1) The internet has no shelves.

2) Expensive doesn't always equal quality.

3) You will be drinking that bottle alone.

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
These are awesome, I know them.

Make a pretzel dough, long stripes and roll it in. Lye!

The inside will be super delicious soft and tasty (but not soaky) from the vienna sausages moist and fat, and the outside will have bite. It's a common bakery snack here, both versions with the lye dough and the sheet dough (croissant dough).
edit on 7.1.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: the inside will be wet, not the insider. haha

posted on Jan, 7 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision
1) The internet has no shelves.

Okay. But it's dead middle at Total Wine.

2) Expensive doesn't always equal quality.

No, but in this case it's stupid good.

3) You will be drinking that bottle alone.

I share mine with all my friends. It makes a really good Oaxacan Old Fashioned.

posted on Jun, 2 2021 @ 05:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join