It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Of Mirrors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

More power to ya brother !

The base of society has gone slowly insane over the last few decades, and it's gone mainstream this year.

Here we can chat together, and we notice how isolated we have become from the masses of society.

Find it saddening, and maddening.

All we have are these little filter bubbles, and part of me wonders if that is not a part of an overarching social engineering plan ?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I no longer have internet access except through a smart phone,

Eehh? You still have internet access mate. Lol.

It's not easy for me, I'm better at a real keyboard. I need a way to save readable documents to my desktop. I guess I need more time on this phone for solutions.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I stopped watching it for an entirely different reason. I got sick of the constant headlines about mothers and fathers killing their own children. Sick of seeing teens killing their parents. Sick of the incest that goes on. The sick barbaric torture of other individuals for nothing more than a perceived sleight or power trip.The constant digging to the deepest depths of depravity. The apparent, "If it bleeds, it leads" mentality.

I'm sick of the sickness of other people. It makes my world dark to keep entertaining it. So I shut it off. Haven't missed it.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I loathe MSM. Watching Gale King and the two stooges on either side of her on the morning has me yelling at the TV.

I stopped watching MSM

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You'll get the hang of it. My first 7 years here all I had was a smartphone. I figured out how to author whole threads (saving on my phone every time I made a change or added a picture before I posted it), from a very tiny keyboard to start with. It's gotten a lot easier over the years. You'll have it down before you know it!

edit on 12/15/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I stopped watching it for an entirely different reason. I got sick of the constant headlines about mothers and fathers killing their own children. Sick of seeing teens killing their parents. Sick of the incest that goes on. The sick barbaric torture of other individuals for nothing more than a perceived sleight or power trip.The constant digging to the deepest depths of depravity. The apparent, "If it bleeds, it leads" mentality.

I'm sick of the sickness of other people. It makes my world dark to keep entertaining it. So I shut it off. Haven't missed it.
:

If it bleeds, so true with news and shows the connection to entertainment and advertising. All three sell something that appeals to the most base of human instincts like sex and violence. Unbiased factual reports are too intellectual for the masses that can't relate to anything more intellegent than a bowel movement.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Well said!

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If factual reporting is like seeing the world through a perfect mirror, then the reports we are getting is a house of mirrors that distorts and twists the world.

All factual reporting is the creative interpretation of actuality. It's never a clear mirror.

posted on Dec, 17 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

If factual reporting is like seeing the world through a perfect mirror, then the reports we are getting is a house of mirrors that distorts and twists the world.

All factual reporting is the creative interpretation of actuality. It's never a clear mirror.

As is all subjective reality, of course you're just nitpicking as you're stating the obvious. Besides, a mirror flips perspective, as clearly as it may show the reflection it is still a distortion of reality. These details are not my point.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
More focusing on the wrong issues... its a weak attempt to control conversation... it’s old and tired though. You have any other moves? Only smashing that down Y combo?

a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Quoting it because I think this is the only way to a healthy mind nowadays.

Media, from corporate TV networks to websites, are essentially antiquated relics that have become increasingly irrelevant as the backbone of the news cycle changed.

However, they could still generate ad revenue by exploiting extreme emotions. Over time, complemented by similar social media behavior modification, this appears to have done immense damage to the public in myriad ways.

I think there is more to all of it, but a dying industry attempting to maintain relevance by any means necessary isnt exactly a crazy notion. "It just so happens" that that industry deals almost exclusively in public perception & opinion en masse, so the result of a misinformed population addicted to extreme emotions is pretty straightforward.

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It’s not called Commercial TV for nothing. It’s all about the money.

Talking heads are, basically actors, hired for their ability to draw and hold an audience.

There’s a reason FOX Entertainment gets the attention it does.

READ — READ EVERYTHING — DECIDE FOR YOURSELF — don’t let yourself be drawn in by the emotions of a talking head.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Be Strong.

As silly as it may seem, this is a huge endeavor.

The first step to leaving Babylon is to recognize its masters for the lies they stand for.

Know that you are not alone.

Welcome to the wilderness.

^_^

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The msm is purely propaganda for god know who and what. It’s always changing and evolving to fit “there” narrative.

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The fact that news is syndicated in a 24 hour cycle, has something to do with it.
It feeds it's self.
Also I think one should differentiate News from Opinion, and take it in from diverse sources.
What is actually happening is there if you look.
Not so easy.

You have to separate the "this or that happened" from the "he/she/they said and was probably thinking and feels like xyz"
And also "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

A free media, is a vital part of a free society.
So is the constant battle between truth and lies.

Those who do not entertain conspiracy theories are skipping a vital part of their information diet,

edit on 000000120320123America/Chicago19 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

As is all subjective reality, of course you're just nitpicking as you're stating the obvious. Besides, a mirror flips perspective, as clearly as it may show the reflection it is still a distortion of reality. These details are not my point.

If you weren't so defensive, you'd have understood the implications of what I wrote.
edit on 19-12-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

If you weren't so defensive, you'd have understood the implications of what I wrote.

Sorry, a force of habit lately.

Are you saying that even factual reporting is, by it's very nature, biased to the point of being unreliable in regards to the actual truth? That facts are not necessarily truth in any report made? That gleaning true facts from any report is ultimately an exercise in futility? Sounds like a should drop out and ignore all sources, I'm headed that way anyhow.
edit on 30-12-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Dec, 30 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Why would anyone ignore the products of the corporate media?

Facts are as obvious as diamonds in a dungheap.

Follow the corporate media (all "sides") and you will plainly see what the elite are trying to program into the population.

That's the value of the media; they always tip their hand.

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So watch news broadcasts to understand the program behind the propaganda, not necessarily for any facts they may contain.

It seems best to assume that the real facts are not what they are presenting as facts in almost every case, be it local, national, or world news reports. I've noticed with most government propaganda that the truth is the opposite of what they present. High level government programs are almost always named with a title that is the exact opposite of what the programs actually do.

I've come to the conclusion that any news reports that are identically repeated on every US network, including PBS, BBC, CBC and some others, is propaganda. This is especially true if no other alternative explanation is offered in a report, no matter how little it conflicts with the propaganda.

I might be persuaded to believe a local broadcast about the weather, traffic accidents, a fire or some minor criminal activity, but I will need more to believe any of that now.
edit on 6-1-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

top topics

<< 1   >>

join