It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Monolith - Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This was from a few days ago, so forgive me if it has already been posted. The run of mysterious monoliths appearing - and disappearing - continues. A metal monolith similar to the the ones being found around the world, and originally found in Utah, has appeared in a field to the south of Adelaide, South Australia (my home town). A day later, it disappeared. This monolith is engraved with co-ordinates. The first co-ordinates lead to Brooklyn New York, the second, the uninhabited island of Managaha, near Guam, and the third points to the Sphinx in Gaza.

A mysterious monolith covered in coordinates has appeared in Adelaide after similar structures appeared across the US and Europe.

The latest monolith is a three-sided, three-metre-tall silver structure that was first sighted near the Seaford Train bridge in Noarlunga in Adelaide's southern suburbs at 6pm on Thursday.

Coordinates on the structure point to various locations across the globe, some of which are landmarks and some of which are seemingly random.

The top coordinate is a brownstone building in Brooklyn, New York, while the second location is the uninhabited island of Managaha in the Northern Mariana Islands, near Guam, in the Pacific Ocean.

Lastly, the bottom coordinates mark The Sphinx in Egypt's Al Giza Desert.

The monolith is located in Noarlunga, which is part of the City of Onkaparinga.

An Onkaparinga Council spokesman said he was only made aware of the structure after being contacted by the media and was currently investigating its origins.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Aliens? Copycat Pranksters, Secret Societies? A guerrilla marketing campaign? So many questions

edit on 15-12-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

A guerrilla marketing campaign

Maybe there's a remake of 2001: A Space Odyssey in the works?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
from the same creators that set up the georgia guidestones?

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

According to wiki over 70 monolith structures have appeared across the world.

Shortly after the discovery of the monolith in Utah, additional monoliths which resembled the Utah monolith began appearing at various locations across the world. In some cases, local artists came forward to claim responsibility for them, citing the Utah monolith as their inspiration. Other monoliths were created and installed by small businesses for promotional purposes.

Crazy times...

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Got one!!! This morning in the bathroom...

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The more that pop up the less interested I am.

First one was kinda cool and mysterious. Now it's obvious they're just a viral marketing campaign.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Drop points for the alien warriors.
"Head for the hills mama "

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
the inclusion of coordinates on this recent one does make the whole thing feel a bit like an ARG, unfortunately....
but STILL. a tiny part of me can't help but wonder at the other possibilities... anyone remember when this sort of thing was the majority of stuff on this forum? gosh what a time to have been alive! the faintest hope of the magic leaking back into the world? i'll follow that hope.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Wow, I knew they were popping up a lot but I did not know there were 70 of them. Obviously there are some copy cats, but the original one in Utah was there for several years apparently. It's shadow can be seen on google earth imagery.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Yeah, the co-ordinates are an odd inclusion - another article said that the first co-ordinates listed led to Trump Tower. This article didn't mention that though? I haven't heard if there have been co-ordinates on any other monoliths? Part of the reason I posted this, apart from it being erected in my neck of the woods, is that it does feel like the sort of mysteries I remember so fondly back in the day. We all like a bit of magic. I'm certain this is just a bunch of copy cats now but who knows? Be interesting to see if anything comes from it all.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

That would make lot of sense lol

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

just copycats that lack their own creative thinking.

pitiful.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
the faintest hope of the magic leaking back into the world? i'll follow that hope.

Definitely hold on to that..

Science, engineering, and magic will be unified in the near future.

The biggest question is who will control the flow, the spice if you will..

Will it be a centralized Monolith of total control, that accomplishes its subjugation through saturating peoples minds with "correct thoughts" & exploiting ideals? Or will it be a decentralized structure that enables our civilization to achieve nearly anything at the granular, individual level?

The corporate-political Monolith has pretty much everyone fighting over whether the first scenario is "bad" or not. Intentionally, imo. Very few are consciously approaching the relentless, unavoidable progress of our tools in a way that might be different from what is marketed as "the only way."

"All you have to do to solve all of the worlds problems is support the right politicans & corporations, and Spread the Word to non-believers! We will even send a picture of some random starving child the child you helped save!" Of course, just exchange the word "child" for whatever social group you believe is "wronged" by our current systems. Rinse. Exploit. Repeat.

According to historical precedence, we are marching towards tyrannical control under the guise of "righteous thoughts & action" as we nearly always have. Yet, there are some paths available that will give birth to something truly magnificent and awe-some in this world.

It could be that these monoliths are something of a small scale manifestation of the greater corporate-political Monolith that is being established more concretely every day. Anything that brings awareness to this theme can be beneficial, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Just a small point.

Mono-lith means 'solitary stone'.

These are metal.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
All we have is copycats these days. Can't anyone create an original version, maybe out of copper or Brass or even for god sakes stone? If the original monolith was stone, they would not have been able to steal it.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Some fat-cat rich guy with a helicopter and an airplane doubtless. Nice hoax though.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If the original monolith was stone, they would not have been able to steal it.

The nearest you will get is one constructed in an ancient Stone Circle in Cornwall England

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

Wow, I knew they were popping up a lot but I did not know there were 70 of them. Obviously there are some copy cats, but the original one in Utah was there for several years apparently. It's shadow can be seen on google earth imagery.

The seventies were great, I turned eighteen in the seventies and social distancing was not an issue those days unless you got tossed in the Hoosegow.

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Speaking of the 70s. An Aussie classic

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Got one!!! This morning in the bathroom...

Peace

Damn that must of hurt passing that

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join