It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will humanity in the future decide to eradicate certain species, on purpose?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JamesChessman

Terrible parasites? You understand that in some instances those parasites in the species they are supposed to inhabit don't cause much, if any issue, but when they step outside their intended host by mistake, that's where the problems start.

I was referring to the very WORST afflictions to mankind. I said parasites because when I posted, I was thinking of tapeworm, and thinking of the starving children in Africa who get bloated stomachs from some other kind of parasite in their water IIRC.

So yes, I think it's obvious that in the distant future, any species that actually became advanced enough, would inevitably target the worst afflictions of our species, and eliminate 'em.

It's also suspected that some of our own health problems like allergies may be attributed to a lack of parasitic infections in humans. The part of the immune system that causes allergic reaction was the part that developed to respond to parasitic infection, and with the lack of parasites in modern countries, that part of the system has nothing to react to, so without proper training through parasitic infection, it tends to turn against the human system which is what allergic reactions are.

^You know what, I've always had asthma and allergies, and I've always wondered about it, including pondering that idea that you mentioned. And I just don't believe it.

I did eventually cure my asthma for the most part, from diet, and from cleaner environment, and from taking a million hot showers, so that the hot humidity soothed my lungs.

Also, I've been a vegetarian for forever now, including mostly vegan, and it was the damn milk products that used to aggravate my asthma... Looking back, it's incredibly obvious, but it's not something I thought about, as a young child.

So anyways, I just don't believe in the theory of allergies being caused by a lack of parasites... it's an interesting idea, but I don't believe it's much of a factor in real life, AFAIK.

I think dairy products, and breathing air of questionable quality, are the big factors I've identified as causes of my own asthma & allergies, in the past.

Oh also just stress creates a lot of crazy health problems, so that would be a third huge factor of such ailments that don't have an obvious cause.

<< 1  2   >>

join