It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what does a bipartisan "secessionist" movement look like?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue
a reply to: Lumenari

My point is you're attacking the richest businessmen in the country if you attack cities. I can't live in many cities, because so many people want to live there, housing prices are through the roof. Supply and demand.

But the larger picture is, any solution you all see is based on attacks on US citizens and their supply chains huh?

Nobody is "attacking" the cities.

What we will be doing is no longer supporting them because of their policies.

If their policies are so absolutely fabulous, then there is no need for conservatives to screw it all up, right?

The premise of your OP.

What you seem to forget is that urban and rural is at best a symbiotic relationship.

One that the left wants to control now.

THAT is not going to happen... America will not be a version of Hunger Games.

Simply because the Government cannot tell me to run a business.

They cannot tell a rancher how much beef they need to sell.

They cannot tell a farmer how much to grow.

They cannot tell an oil company how much to produce.

All the Government can do is regulate.

They can make it easier to make money for any of those mentioned, so that we have a surplus and cost to consumer goes down.

OR they can regulate it to death, so that it chokes supply off and the cost to consumer goes up.

The latter is where we are headed, formed by the trifecta of Covid, Biden and our political atmosphere right now.

Let's get the party started.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Except the people that own the large factory farms will decide where their commodities are sold.
They're in business to make money and they won't shut out their largest market to please the residents of that state where the farm is located

Well, that takes care of 35% of production...

Guess America can just live without the rest for awhile.

Which will make the factory farms an absolute killing.

Who cares if ordinary people starve though...

As long as the bankers can still eat steak.

Because without bankers, America is over.

Or is it?

edit on 12-12-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Over 80% of the population in this country lives in Metro areas
Who will these other farms sell their commodities to?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy
If they are smart, they are already downsizing like crazy and getting ready to serve people in the surrounding towns. No sense running a giant business, when the incoming admin is just going to take most of the profits through taxes anyways.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
Easier said then done
Unless they own the land and machinery outright

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The issue is that half the country votes against conservatives again and again. Texas almost went to Biden this time. Those cities are filled are filled with people who OWN much of the megafarms, millions of acres, so this idea of being rid of cities because of farming people doesn't make sense. So you are going to say you LOVE the fact that every conservative bill that comes out of congress will be vetoed by Biden going forward? You love this arrangement? Or are you going to pretend this isn't happening, and 80 million people didn't just vote for Biden, so even Trumps own SCOTUS appointees had to reject his attempts to overturn it?

Soory nothing personal but it is what it is: the only way you will ever live in the conservative land you dream of is if something gets worked out like what I'm saying, you just need to realize the same is true of liberals.

edit on 12-12-2020 by tridentblue because: clarity

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

They can diversify their crops, scale down their overhead, sell regionally and probably maintain the same profit margins with half the headache. Hell, there’s farmers that would do it in spite, even if it meant a little less profits. Never underestimate a farmers self independence and will for perseverance.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy
Yeah, that is true. I am not really familiar with anyone that owns one of those hellholes, so not really sure if they are up to their eyeballs in debt. The local farms are just regular old free range farms and such.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Thinking like a corporate businessman are you, Hell what makes you think a farmer needs to sell to just survive, the farmer would plow under his crops he or his community didn't need and go into a self-survival mode and immediate community mode.

It comes down to self-sufficiency, we saw it this year LOL, if the cities don't get toilet paper they freak the fook out, what happens when the trucks stop delivering for whatever reasons pop up. You forget that 80% of the population how many are poor? You think the cities had riots and burning this year, wait until food and gas get in short supply.

While there will be poor in the red communities too, but they're usually are more self-sufficient if need be.

To thrive we need both sides, to divide would be crazy and idiotic, which pretty much shows how people have no patience and are opposed to compromise. The problem is we need a leader to go Abraham Lincoln on a lot of asses and in the next 4 years we got Jomala.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think you are entirely missing the point.

A farmer can grow enough to make a profit in the immediate area and enough for themselves.

I keep telling people (and nobody is listening) that there is a war of attrition coming.

Farmers and ranchers will downsize and starve the beast that they feel just stole this election.

70% of all business in America is conducted by small business owners.

Who are now being told that they are going to be starved out because Covid...

But when it comes back the government is going to give loans out again BASED ON ETHNICITY AND GENDER.

So the business owner who lost their business but happens to be a white male?

Yea... so NOT first in that line for a loan.

Democrats are redoing the American small business model to favor their victim classes, not off of actual success.

A model doomed for failure.

And again, y'all have fun with that...

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's cute. Chaz chop did so well the first time.

You liberals truly cannot comprehend what will happen when we "conservatives" secede from the Union though that's not the right way to word it. It's more like taking the Union from your dirty hands.

You're all self entitled little brats that expect everything to be handed to you. You dont understand what it costs to bring power to your home. Food in your fridge. You think it just magically gets there. You will fail. Its inevitable.

We will remove this nonsense from our Union. To polish the Union into what it was dreamt of before you liberals crapped all over it.

It's funny that cities think we need them. Thier useless, lawless, disease ridden $hit holes.

We patriotic Americans work hard to keep this system running. We agree police are needed to keep my neighbor from keeping what's mine is his. To have this basic understanding that most people dont wish harm on others. That we can agree on fair trade of products and resources.

Meanwhile our liberal counterparts try to grow food on plastic sheets with human feces becuase that's what they've learned from games. Think about it. Survival games have the placement of crop pots to grow plants... lmao... that's what they did in chaz chop... so funny... so stupid... none of them wanting to take a pickaxe and a hoe and put some back into it....

So yes. If Republican states all agree to take back our Union. I'm all for it.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm putting my bet on the retard.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder
Can they really?
When you account for climate, growing season, soil type, etc., And then account for profit level vs debt level, it seems easier said then done.
And what happens to that debt?
Even if somehow a peaceful and amiable secession is somehow achieved, that debt isn't wiped out. There are courts set up to handle debt disputes between nations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither arguing for nor against secession. I'm just pointing out the inanity of some of these comments

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

The issue is that half the country votes against conservatives again and again. Texas almost went to Biden this time. Those cities are filled are filled with people who OWN much of the megafarms, millions of acres, so this idea of being rid of cities because of farming people doesn't make sense. So you are going to say you LOVE the fact that every conservative bill that comes out of congress will be vetoed by Biden going forward? You love this arrangement? Or are you going to pretend this isn't happening, and 80 million people didn't just vote for Biden, so even Trumps own SCOTUS appointees had to reject his attempts to overturn it?

Soory nothing personal but it is what it is: the only way you will ever live in the conservative land you dream of is if something gets worked out like what I'm saying, you just need to realize the same is true of liberals.

No.

What I am saying is (and if you read my history, I've been saying it for years) is that a big part of me WANTS the left to actually run everything in Government.

I personally feel that it will make the inevitable reset come a lot quicker.

After all, I would rather deal with it in the next ten years then having to deal with it when I'm 90.

The left are not stupid.

They just know a lot of things that simply are not true.

Look at left-run cities, for instance.... the larger ones.

Corrupted dangerous bankrupt hell-holes hardly worth even living in.

All of America needs to feel what it is like with people like that in control.

While we still are allowed to own guns and while we are still allowed to run a business.

And let it sort itself out.

I'm looking forward to it!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No, you're missing the point
Most farms have mortgages and have debts for machinery and equipment.
They can't scale down and still pay down their debt
So , since they can't scale down, who will they sell to?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I've never in my life seen so many people screaming and waving pom-poms for their own ultimate destruction.

Many of them genuinely don't realize that's what they're doing to us and themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder
Can they really?
When you account for climate, growing season, soil type, etc., And then account for profit level vs debt level, it seems easier said then done.
And what happens to that debt?
Even if somehow a peaceful and amiable secession is somehow achieved, that debt isn't wiped out. There are courts set up to handle debt disputes between nations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither arguing for nor against secession. I'm just pointing out the inanity of some of these comments

You are assuming that farms and ranches that have been in the family for generations are debt-ridden.

The ones run correctly most certainly are not.

And on THAT note, I'm going back to playing Cyberpunk 2077 for the day.

Which if you research the game will also answer your OP of what America will look like soon under leftist policies and regulation.

It could be a trainer for the next generation, much like Orwell's 1984 was for mine.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I've never in my life seen so many people screaming and waving pom-poms for their own ultimate destruction.

Many of them genuinely don't realize that's what they're doing to us and themselves.

Most of "us" at least will be able to cope with it.

But why bother waving the lemmings off-course...

I'm sure where there is a will there is a way of them.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

"Farmers and ranchers will downsize and starve the beast that they feel just stole this election. "

No they won't. You picture some rancher in overalls slaughtering his pigs to some temple of Trump. The reality is the guy in overalls will quit Tyson plant #46737, they will hire someone to replace him. His manager will keep trying to please his boss, all the way up the chain till your in some high rise building at corporate, where even the CEO is talking to shareholders he has to please by law.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You can tell people that don't know their history or the incredible durability and survival intelligence of farmers and a lot of rural people in general.

When even the hint of the US separating the cities populations will clear out the shelves of grocery stores. And then we would go from there

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join