It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Rep calling for secession 2020

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No country as large as the usa can stay whole forever it will happen one day

Eventualy states will break off the curent divide is only accelerating this

But I doubt any state can pull it off alone as the first

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Sounds like a pretty short sighted idea to me.

The US probably wouldn’t even allow Texas to own their own nukes..

You can buy those at Walmart here. Try me..bro

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: LSU2018

With secession comes success...

I do believe you're correct.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: LSU2018

The federal government was never supposed to be this big and in control. Our media silences or ignores two of the biggest corrupt scandals in our history, committed by our government. I think it's time. If this happens and Louisiana isn't right behind them then I'll move to TX. That's where my dad's side of the family all live anyways.

This is the problem... how do we reign in an out of control federal government? States have ceded all their control over to the feds.

Personally, I think we've crossed the point of no return.

Secession is the only way. We'll never slow down the federal government at this point. The only way to reign them in is to withdraw from their power.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I would be one of the first to try to legally immigrate to Texas. My values more closely align with the freedom and individuality of the states population.

If you can't feel comfortable where you are, a move to Texas won't be much better unless you are a Baptist or member of the Church of Christ.

I'm born and raised in Texas, have property there and chose not to live in Texas. Texas, like everywhere else has it's drawbacks and it's advantages.
edit on 11-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If that were to ever happen, there would be a massive increase in people moving there. If I'm wrong, there is already a significant number of people fleeing to TX.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Given that the root cause of the bill is dissatisfaction with the federal government, secession won't solve the problem.

A well armed militia and an understanding of the Constitution and BoR will solve the problem.

Everyone can thank Trump for highlighting, to the entire planet, what and who exactly IS the problem.

(hint: intel agencies, Soros, MSM, democrats - all problems that need 'solving')

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I live in Tennessee and we would like to go with you.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I feel like we are of the same kind in that regard although I'm still observing.

It seems to me that there is a more global agenda in the works. I firmly believe that what is happening in America is part of a stealthy foreign, and perhaps not so foreign, takeover of some kind.

I am suspicious of any secession under that context because the balkanization of the United States has long been alleged to be part of the foreign agenda.

Truth is, so much is happening in such a major way that it's difficult to completely understand what it is at least for me.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
TEXAS,its time to leave the union,because they left the rest of the law abiding people a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Bet it is a whole lot closer to happening now than it was this morning...

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have 180 acres in the south Plains of Texas. South of Amarillo and the wind never stops... Make me an offer.
edit on 11-12-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

To be fair, Texas is probably one of the few states that could secede from the Union and probably be ok. It's probably not the best idea with things in the world the way they are now though. It probably wouldn't be good for the US or Texas.

I,m not so sure of that. Under the last paragraph of Article V of the Treaty of Guadaloupe Hidalgo, by virtue of which Texas became a Territory of the US, the Federal Government, with the consent of the Mexican central government, could just give Texas back to Mexico if it tries to secede. It is a perfectly beautiful example of "be careful what you ask for." Texas loses Ft Hood with $35.5 Billion input into the economy, Fort Bliss with $26 billion,and I could go on but don't need to. Texas just announced that federal military bases contribute 630,000 jobs and $124 billion dollars pr year of economic benefit to Texas. American Airlines would leave since DFW is its primary hub any flight in or out would be international. Houston would lose its status as the 9th busiest port in North America since everything would have to go to another port to clear US customs. If it goes back to Mexico, Texas oil becomes Mexican oil. No more federal funds to maintain the 3,233 miles of interstate highway in the state so I-40 starts looking like the worst farm to market road in Starr County. $164 billion per year in tourism economic impact goes away to places that don't require a passport. On the other hand, the US loses a state that ranks in the bottom 10 in educational attainment, the bottom half in median household income,and, the bottom half in longevity. I say give them to Mexico. Viva la secession.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy
As if mexico could take texas hahahaha. They can't even control their pussy cartels down there.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
If the constitution is just an old piece of paper, then the union is already null and void.

Constitution? We don’t need no stink’n Constitution. SMH

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: Fools

I feel like we are of the same kind in that regard although I'm still observing.

It seems to me that there is a more global agenda in the works. I firmly believe that what is happening in America is part of a stealthy foreign, and perhaps not so foreign, takeover of some kind.

I am suspicious of any secession under that context because the balkanization of the United States has long been alleged to be part of the foreign agenda.

Truth is, so much is happening in such a major way that it's difficult to completely understand what it is at least for me.

The “Great Reset” baby, buckle up.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: yuppa

Bet it is a whole lot closer to happening now than it was this morning...

I think it is time to move to texas.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Good luck TAKING that from Texas if they leave without a bloody fight. Then making more states join in,and CW2 electric boogaloo starts.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Understandable.

Texas, and any other state that agrees with her coup attempt, should advise the Congress that they are dissovling their ratification of the Constitution.

Easy peasy.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Understandable.

Texas, and any other state that agrees with her coup attempt, should advise the Congress that they are dissovling their ratification of the Constitution.

Easy peasy.

They just might do that,since they want to not seat almost half the R senators in the house. we can only hope.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join