It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stop the CCP without war...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It’s an unusual time down here in Australia at the moment. We weathered the covid storm (let’s just for the sake of this conversation presume that it’s a real threat) which cost a lot of people their personal freedoms and the country some serious cash.
Saying that, the country is opening up again, masks are by and large a thing of the past as are the lockdowns etc. I was unable to return home for 6 months due to border closures so I don’t say this lightly.
It could be said however we are on the precipice of economic doom not through corona, but rather the ruling party of the country from which the virus emanated. Every day the CCP target our exports knowing that we depend heavily, obviously too heavily on their markets.
I don’t blame our business leaders for growing fat on the nipple of the CCP, we weren’t the only ones and we’ve managed to create heavy economic ties with China whilst still retaining our military, cultural and political ties with the USA, whilst I believe still maintaining our own cultural independence. Well, that is until now.
It all went pear shaped when the Australian government demanded an independent investigation into the virus.
This is not the first time Australia has taken a stance against the CCP. In 1989, after the massacre at Tiananmen Square our then prime minister Bob Hawke offered asylum to roughly 42000 students who where considered to be at risk.
Australia isn’t perfect, and we’ve a dark past of our own, to be sure, but the average Aussie loves an underdog. And the average Aussie, or the ones I speak to at least have had a gut full, not of the Chinese people, but the CCP.
Its not just us of coarse, the Chinese government use all kinds of tactics against different countries depending on what suits best. I’m sure most on board here at ATS know exactly what I’m talking about.
Australia doesn’t stand alone, apart from the obvious USA, we’ve also been strengthening ties with middle powers, Japan, India, Indonesia, and interestingly not long before the elections in the USA, Germany and France have offered naval support in the region.
Now I was in the navy and to be honest I’d be feeling a little nervous being in the engine room of those destroyers which cruise passed the Spartleys doing freedom of navigation.
Putting military aside though, the Trump government has been trying to hammer out an economic alliance, specifically targeting China. It’s not a trade war, and it’s not sanctions, but rather a collection of nations that could use their economies not to pull the CCP down but to protect one another in the event of being targeted by the CCP, as we’re seeing now in Australia.
If Trump could sort this out, if he stays around long enough, well it could possibly stop a world war in the worst case scenario.
Or perhaps I’m being naive and there’s only one possible outcome when you have a rising power and another, great power, one for totalitarianism and the other for a certain type of freedom.
I hope the USA comes good on its potential, I hope all non totalitarian states come good on their potential and the potential of their people.
Unity is a big thing, it’s not unachievable.
On a slightly different tangent, I wonder if the CCP are targeting Australia not only due to our support of the USA, maybe they’re also not happy that we are essentially covid free, their flu didn’t break us, perhaps there’s a little bit of that as well I don’t know just thinking out loud.
I realise it’s a long post, but really I’ve only just scraped the surface. If anyone has bothered reading it thanks and I’m interested in finding out others thoughts....
Hang on, while I’ve got you, don’t forget to have a Merry Christmas if you can, and all the best to you and yours.
Here’s to 2021 🍻

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
At this time the CCP is trying for global economic command. On a military level, I do not think China would ever try to dominate in east asia on a war footing as practically every nation around them would band together as they would see themselves on the chopping block as well.

In other words, China would be very foolish to start a real war at this time. Their navy for sure is not prepared to do so and win.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kingparrot
Probably easier to find a way to stop our own (allegedly) elected invertebrates from selling the future of the West for a quick buck.

China can only do what it does with assistance from those closer to home.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the CCP is gonna find itself dealing with a very pissed off population really soon because there'll be major produce shortages and the prices of what is available will skyrocket.
Theres no way China can feed its own population.
Aussie exporters are already finding new markets and our produce is in demand worldwide.
This is really gonna come back and bite Beijing on the ass!

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There seems to be a growing consensus that the Chinese government has shown its hand a little early both economically and militarily with its ‘wolf warrior’ diplomacy.
Yes perhaps they’re not yet ready, however I wonder if the CCP will be able to back down if things get too heated without losing face, will they be prepared to lose face?
Which if any countries would join them? Pakistan, Russia? Who knows what’s going behind the scenes. a reply to: Fools

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You’re right there are plenty of other countries which would take our goods, just not the volume that China does. If things don’t improve though we’ll take a solid hit economically but I think it’s going to happen eventually anyways.
We also purchase a lot from China, I think this should also be curtailed as much as possible given the current friction.
That’s why I like the idea of an economic union, excluding China, directed especially to minimise its influence over smaller economies. a reply to: Osirisvset

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

This seems crazy as only a short few months ago news reports were saying that China was facing a critical shortage of food, due to floods. This article breaks it down nicely.

Beijing Asks Farmers to Grow Grains

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Chinas belt and road initiative is concerning.
Building islands is concerning

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Interesting read thanks for the link. The CCP has imposed tariffs of 80% upon Australian barely recently.
On one hand the Chinese government punishing the Australian farmers and on the other they punish they’re own people as well. You’re right, seems like madness.
a reply to: heffo7

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

How to stop the CCP without war...

- It won't happen probably - but people have to wake up to the serious looming threat and act accordingly. You cannot keep pumping money into there. Products have to made locally / not have them manufacture everything even if the consequence is huge losses in profit. Manufacturing infrastructure has to return to localities.

- You can do what the CIA does with other countries. Start an internal uprising, organize and fund it. Many Chinese people are probably fed up with their govt as it is.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
You’re right, we extract coking coal and iron ore and send both to China so they can make steel, we should be doing that ourselves a reply to: nOraKat

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

One might also imagine that local production would help ease the burden of global warming?

Surely, shipping tons of garbage thousands of miles around the world each year must be more harmful than having products available nearby.

But I'm just some random body on the Internet so.....

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

China stopped accepting "recycled materials" a while ago. Because people were putting dirty diapers (and stuff) in the bins.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
China needs to be helped to be self-sufficient. This is, of course, impossible in full but it needs to be "turned inward" towards autarchy and away from the aggressive nationalist mode that the party is relying on. The party stokes nationalism to keep the people from being disappointed with the deteriorating ecology, rising inequality, and leveling-off of growth.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

China needs to be helped to be self-sufficient.

China has no desire to be "self-sufficient."

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sorry, should have made myself clearer.
By garbage I meant most of the cheap, single use, throwaway consumables that I see everywhere.

Obviously there's some good stuff circulating but I fear the dross outweighs the diamonds.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

In the future, landfills will be mined for their riches.

In the meantime, our environment slides downward. Ecosystems fade. Amazing creatures disappear.

edit on 12/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Never Despise

China needs to be helped to be self-sufficient.

China has no desire to be "self-sufficient."

Ah but they do. I encourage you to read this article:

China’s Radical New Vision Of Globalization

President Xi’s vision of “dual circulation” is a darkly pessimistic economic strategy, fit for a new Cold War.

www.noemamag.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I saw an article a while back which suggested that landfills may become a source for extracting (?manufacturing?) Graphene but don't recall the details nor will I pretend to understand some of this new material science.
I suppose better minds may bring better solutions in the future but insatiable consumerism isn't helping.

edit on 12122020 by Tulpa because: I might pretend I can spell graphine?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Start with collaborators at home. Begin punishing ceos and executive who do business with the Communist occupiers of the mainland. Hold them personally responsible for the Communist Bandits crimes against China. Impose massive, crippling tarrifs and taxes on Imports, seize the assets of any and all businesses and NGOs that do business with, are associated with or outright owned by Chinese Communists.

Impose sanctions on all foreign companies that continue to do business with the Communist Occupiers of China, and isolate diplomatically countries that do.

A hard and costly path, but the only one that will work other than military.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join