It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon weighs cutting most of its support to CIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

In a surprising move, the Pentagon has told the Central Intelligence Agency that it is weighing an end to the majority of the military support it provides to the agency's counterterrorism missions, according to a former senior administration intelligence official.

It is unclear how the decision would impact the spy agency's worldwide counterterrorism missions that often rely on the U.S. military for logistical support and personnel.

Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller sent a letter to CIA Director Gina Haspel outlining the decision, according to the former official, who characterized the action as both surprising and unprecedented.

So, Pentagon might cut funding to CIA, the SAME day ATS goes up for sale. Coincidence?🤣

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's interesting how so many decisions are being made on the assumption that Donald Trump will be the U.S. President for 4 more years.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's interesting how so many decisions are being made on the assumption that Donald Trump will be the U.S. President for 4 more years.

Agreed.

I don't know about you guys and gals and pals, but this is kind of a big report if you ask me.

The CIA is probably the most malicious government entity in the US, responsible for a lot of deserved hatred among it's citizens for both recent actions and past.

I praise the idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Whaaaa? The final decision to sell ATS could be because Trump will be president for another four years? Wow, that must mean that the reason they are going to sell is that four years of this site being a megaphone for Trumpism has run it's profitability in to the ground

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Pentagon might cut funding to CIA, the SAME day ATS goes up for sale. Coincidence?

It is one of those things that makes one go hmm...

I do give ATS some credit as being one of the few sites remaining that does keep the 9/11 topic open. Much has been purged from much of the internet over the years. A lot of the debate is still stuck in what happened rather than getting into the who and why. Some CIA controlled opposition maybe?

I had the feeling ATS was a bit more aligned with the NSA, but with the way the jocks push the nerds around at times maybe not.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Pentagon thinking of cutting support to CIA?

They must have found that coc aine in the CIAs sock drawer.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

So, Pentagon might cut funding to CIA, the SAME day ATS goes up for sale. Coincidence?🤣

I think that’s Facebook you mean, it was created the same day the CIA abandoned there project LifeLog, but I like your thinking 😉

The CIA and similar agencies need to be disbanded altogether and certain members of those organisations sent to jail for the crimes they’ve committed.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter
Its funny how many former cia officials who also happen to be "ABC news contributors" as cited in the source article are commenting on how the sky would be falling permanently so to speak. Why are so many CIA folks contributing to ABC news, particularly in the globalist narrative??

Actual enlisted men from my very limited conversations with a handful that i have spoken with never seemed too happy with the company guys. Tended to keep too many secrets and then always want to lead the way. # the CIA. They are the Cabal's branch of legal criminals. The only missions they have are importing drugs, trafficking in humans, overthrowing governments and then assassinating anyone who challenged that unquestionable power or the motives behind their actions. They work for a host of foriegn interests as well, and it would surprise me not if Chinas CCP has also subverted them at the highest levels.

Any for any family i may possibly have working for them, if any, go kick rocks!

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The CIA worked with the military during the Asian campaign in the 60's, sponsoring overflight support with the A12 aircraft based in Japan. Post cold war its probably more effective to use passive space based technology. After Mary Poppins in 1964 the CIA role probably went globalist anyways.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Might?

i thought I read here that they have done this?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If trump had started down sizing all those three letter agencies 2 years ago he might have gotten more votes.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

He is still potus. easier to do what he wants and wait to see if the next potus keeps the changes or reverses.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Certainly cutting the services out of CIA operations would be a hellofa handicap to CIA operations and logistics. That would be the first, indirect step in reducing their capabilities and something out of their control.

Is this Pentagon withdrawal from being the servant of the CIA done because of the supposed raid on CIA computer farm facility in Germany? Or is that story entirely fake news? Early on was the story that the Blackhawk chopper crash with fatalities in Egypt was a cover for the soldiers supposedly killed in the German raid. But that seemed to be an outright lie.

Can it be emphatically said that there was, or was not, a raid on a Germany-based CIA computer facility?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This thread should be blowing up. Is this not a huge deal? Very curious timing? Does it indicate a shift of something much bigger? Is Gina H. alive right now? So many questions.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

In a surprising move, the Pentagon has told the Central Intelligence Agency that it is weighing an end to the majority of the military support it provides to the agency's counterterrorism missions, according to a former senior administration intelligence official.

It is unclear how the decision would impact the spy agency's worldwide counterterrorism missions that often rely on the U.S. military for logistical support and personnel.

Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller sent a letter to CIA Director Gina Haspel outlining the decision, according to the former official, who characterized the action as both surprising and unprecedented.

Could be....

I wonder if the 3letters ever buy websites or own them for that matter. Nah! What would be the point?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I'd cut their funding too.

They should, by now, be self sufficient what with all the child sex traflicking, drug dealing, blackmail, extortion, arms deals, murder....etc. etc....

The gangsters on TV are all loaded. If the CIA can't turn a profit with no threat of arrest to slow them down maybe they aren't hiring the best?

Cancer is best removed. Feeding it will not heal the body.

edit on 12122020 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Whaaaa? The final decision to sell ATS could be because Trump will be president for another four years? Wow, that must mean that the reason they are going to sell is that four years of this site being a megaphone for Trumpism has run it's profitability in to the ground

That's you people's fault.

I came here for the lizards. You all fell for weaponized politics and I watched this site deteriorate just like the CIA wanted.
edit on fSaturdayAmerica/Chicago5604699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I think that’s Facebook you mean, it was created the same day the CIA abandoned there project LifeLog, but I like your thinking 😉

The CIA and similar agencies need to be disbanded altogether and certain members of those organisations sent to jail for the crimes they’ve committed.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Isn't that what JFK had planned? How'd that work out?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Discussed previously in this thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join