It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Facebook being sued for being a monopoly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit
Get real, you people saying there are other alternatives. Name 5. That's widely used.

Same with search engines. Name 5 that comes wrapped up in your gadgets firmware. Until you give me two lists with five each, you're talking out your ass.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: TXRabbit
Get real, you people saying there are other alternatives. Name 5. That's widely used.

Same with search engines. Name 5 that comes wrapped up in your gadgets firmware. Until you give me two lists with five each, you're talking out your ass.

Please see the first 2 bullet-points in my original reply.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We have been in a world of monopoly in this cyber age. From Microsoft with its lousy OS and lousy office suite of crappy applications... the word app is and has been crapy junk and those guys have 70 to 100 billion dollars, Gates and Balmer...PIGS! THERE ALL PIGS

Google, Facebook, Apple, HP we have no competition just super greedy monopolist and it should stop

But it won't.

And BTW All of these companies rarely hire Americans anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

What do you think facebook is?
A platform where people hand over all kinds of personal information on agreement it can be paseed on to anybody. It's the security services wet dream.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can see microsoft being a monopoly, all of the software I use requires it. But Google? Facebook? There are plenty of alternatives, as others have said. It will be interesting to see what case is made, but I suspect it will be similar to the actions taken in europe, which to me seemed like a case of taking money from successful companies because... reasons.

As long as they pay their taxes (ha!), I don't see the problem. They are too successful and people are jealous maybe? I'm not trying to defend them, but on the other hand its a slippery slope.

Take the news for example. If FB gets forced to change their ways, then shouldn't cnn and fox also be forced to not be so biased?

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A TOTAL MONOPOLY TO BREAK ANTITRUST LAWS.

What is at issue is not "monopoly" but "antitrust." There is a difference.

For example Facebook owns Instagram and WhatsApp. There is more competition between these three parts of the same company than between Facebook and any rival, which is a red flag under antitrust law.

Antitrust action can be pursued under the law for "anticompetitive conduct" without the need for total monopoly.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I never bit into FB when it came out, and never will. Other's can use it, or not..up to them, but I think it's a tool.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I never bit into FB when it came out, and never will. Other's can use it, or not..up to them, but I think it's a tool.

FB as a "tool" is indispensable for the industry i work in. It's the best networking instrument available.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: vonclod

FB as a "tool" is indispensable for the industry i work in. It's the best networking instrument available.

I don't doubt it, many of these tools have flip sides though.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: olaru12

They own 2 of the ones you mention. and strangle the rest in market share.

I don't really support this though. They need regulation, not breaking up. Google on the other hand......

Where did My Space go?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join