It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready Protest planned for Columbus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is definitely something strange about this.

A few years ago I had a discussion with several cops regarding another shooting.
The gist of the convo was regarding a cop shooting someone because they hadn't dropped a non existent gun fast enough.

My problem was the assumption that when someone behind you, or even someone you can identify as a cop, screams "drop the gun" at you and you either aren't holding a gun or have no reason to believe someone would be legit/legally screaming this at you then it is going to cause some problems. Because people need more than 3 seconds to analyze what might be happening.

I asked what a person was expected to do if they weren't actual holding a gun or if they believe the cop might be shouting at someone else because they genuinely have done nothing wrong for any cop to be ordering them to do anything.

What exactly did the cop expect from the person so they didn't get shot for not immediately "following a lawful order" when the cop believes someone might have a weapon?

The answers I received were scary. I was told to drop everything I was holding even if I thought the cop might be talking to someone else in my earshot. I was told never question a cop, never turn around or reach for anything. A few thought you should just get on the ground. Other's said not to move at all. All of them thought not following their command within seconds was worthy of deadly force when it was all boiled down.

So, in this case it makes me wonder if this was the same scenario for Casey Goodson and we may never know because of course the cop isn't going to admit he shot a man for no reason or because he thought a sandwich was a weapon.
edit on 9-12-2020 by Identified because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: underwerks
Patiently waiting for the NRA and pro-2nd amendment crowd to be in here siding with the protesters because the government murdered a man who was lawfully exercising his constitutional rights..

Oh wait..

Something is really weird with this whole incident...

Dewine is a clown. No one in the state likes him other than the really stupid people. They had to employ a crisis actor to deflect from his lock-down BS. Even the police don't take that man seriously. So they're framing the police.

Edit: I could be wrong. I doubt it, but it's possible.

edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago3102699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not a big believer in the police, there are thousands, probably tens of thousands of incidents on youtube, where they lie, cheat, murder..oops kicked in wrong door, blasted someone..too bad.

Protest is fine, guys dead though
More of the story needs to come out though to make any judgement on this incident.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So now we get to see Columbus get the new version of ideal Metro revival a la Detroit.....burn up and sack the Downtown.

Meh, its the Commie state of Ohio.......let it burn.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join