It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsmax TV scores a ratings win over Fox News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Careful now ... not the MudPit ...

New York (CNN Business) Brian Stelter Reporting

Newsmax TV has notched a ratings win over Fox News Channel for the very first time.

The win, fueled by conservative viewers who are disappointed by the election results, happened Monday evening. In the key 25- to 54-year-old demographic prized by advertisers, "Greg Kelly Reports" on Newsmax out-rated "The Story with Martha MacCallum" on Fox.
The margin was narrow — Kelly averaged 229,000 viewers in the demo and MacCallum averaged 203,000 — but it is still a milestone in the cable news industry.

I can see Newsmax on my wife's Smart TV, but it's Newsmax' webpages I find to be more easily navigated than the Fox site. Here's a Link if you haven't checked 'em out. YMMV, but I feel Fox swung pretty hard to the left when they called Arizona's election. It felt like they were paying their dues ... to something (or someone).

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
...but I feel Fox swung pretty hard to the left when they called Arizona's election.

Yeah, being that they totally didn't get that call right.

What was Newsmax's call on that state?

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
What was Newsmax's call on that state?

Newsmax probably understands that it is outside the purview of the media to call a US election.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

LOL. Sure. They can't predict who they think we will, it's some sort of affront to standards.

I wonder if people were saying that last election? Hmmm.....

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
There are 150 plus million people that age in America...and 229,000 of those watched a TV show.

That's 0.00152666%.

Doesn't really seem like a winner to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thanks for this OP, a lot of people were turned off by Fox.

We've had Newsmax running in the background.

They're tolerable, but not a main source.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I guess I don't understand the anger here. Folks like getting information from a place that makes them feel good.
I sure hope those who feel the need to chastise Newsmax have said the same for CNN and MSNBC. It's not different, just from a different political angle.

I like to ask, what is the preferred channel, but nobody ever seems to have that answer, just salty tears. Funny that.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
it is good to hear Newsmax is growing up. All those Youtube purges, Facebook ban and Twitter deletes must be sinking in and helping the people wake up. That election night thing was a big doosy.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

While Newsmax hasn’t called the election, Ruddy—who said, “I actually have a fairly high opinion of Joe Biden”—is already planning for what the network will look like under a Biden administration.

Adweek

Chris Ruddy owns and operates Newsmax.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

it's 0.15%.

you missed couple zeros in your calculation

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Newsmax is even more bias than Fox. They tell trump followers what they want to hear.

But they are fooling their gullible audience. On newsmax the other day i watched them rip apart CNN for being a news station but pushing an agenda or opinions. Then newsmax goes on to claim they consider themselves a unbias news agency!

Anyone who actually takes newsmax seriously is a fool.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
it is good to hear Newsmax is growing up. All those Youtube purges, Facebook ban and Twitter deletes must be sinking in and helping the people wake up. That election night thing was a big doosy.

Growing up to be a competing propaganda outlet.

(post by andy06shake removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL. Sure. They can't predict who they think we will, it's some sort of affront to standards.

I wonder if people were saying that last election? Hmmm.....

That was different.

This one has allegations of a rigged election.

Last time did too, but those were dumb claims.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I like to ask, what is the preferred channel,

I don't like network televised news. There's a formula they all follow, and the result is watered down punditry. It's very little substance, they just find hot button issues and deliver one side of it.

I've found some decent podcasts though.

Useful Idiots is decent... A little more leaning towards entertainment, but they do current events with a sense of humor. It has Katie Halper who is a Bernie lib, but she's playful and light hearted. Matt Taibbi I can't get a political lean read on, but he's probably one of my favorite voices next to Greenwald right now. Just calls it how he sees it.

BBC global news podcast is good for all around news. They focus very little on America, and seem to stray from a left vs right debate and just deliver dry news.

Can't find a dry source that can navigate American politics though. There's a fallacy you have to pick a side to prop up.
edit on 9-12-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
That was different.

This one has allegations of a rigged election.

Last time did too, but those were dumb claims.

You're right, I forgot this time was super serial.

I just checked Newsmax's election map and it shows Biden won, I guess they sold out too being that the Electoral College hasn't voted, it wasn't certified by Congress nor was he sworn in yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just checked Newsmax's election map and it shows Biden won

Canceling my founders subscription now and burning my yeti coolers and Nike products for food measure.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Canceling my founders subscription now and burning my yeti coolers and Nike products for food measure.

Get woke, go broke.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is tucker carlson still one of the good guys ?asking for a friend

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You are right. Made A helluva diff to. Thanks, my bad.

a reply to: windlass34

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join